• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft expects to sell more than 7 million units of Rainbow Six Siege lifetime

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Considering we don't even know what all the game includes how can anyone make reasonable guesses?

Unless you DO know in which case share with the class why don't you? ;p

It doesn't matter what this game includes. It's going against Star Wars, HALO 5, BLOPS 3 meaning DOA in fall season. No console players will buy this when you have those games, and on PC you already have CSGO for competitive games.

Dem shooters be selling billions cuz....

So EA is expecting to sell millions upon millions with Battlefront. Ubisoft is expecting to sell millions upon millions with Rainbow Six. Activision is expecting to sell millions upon millions (guaranteed) with COD:Black Ops....

I am not sure gamers will be shelling as much for 3 shooters this holiday season - ON TOP of AC:Syndicate, Halo 5 on Xbox One - which will eat some of those third party sales on XB1. Not to mention other unannounced AAA titles for the holidays.

Hec, the idea of stacking exclusives for the holidays for platform holders seems sillier and sillier by the day. Just one big hitter should suffice for that marketing push.

Battlefront, COD and Halo are definitely going to be multi-million sellers. Rainbow Six, not so much. And this is coming from a huge R6 fan. Even lifetime I don't think it will get half of that 7 mil. I hope I am wrong and the game is just that awesome to warrant that type of sales.

luffxan

At least since it's lifetime when they fail to have met their goal in like 5 years they can just say it hasn't reached the end of its lifetime yet

The_Dama

Is it still a 2015 title?

If the game is as good as Vegas and previous RS games, it's will sell very good. Word of month.

IqEgdBZ.gif

After that Alpha? No way.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Given the current market, seems reasonable.

Maybe a little high but given they are upfront about this not being a fiscal goal but an LTD, in a category that's double the size of what it used to be when R6 was relevant, it's totally possible for them to hit that globally

Maybe they're a lot smarter than I give them credit for, but when the series has been on hiatus since 2008 and was only a minor success back then maybe it's not the best idea to set your sales target above the 99th percentile.

The series heyday was a decade ago or more, this just seems silly, especially after they ruined hype for a new entry by going quiet on and then cancelling Patriots. Heck, it's not even the most promising looking Tom Clancy game in development.

EmbersToAshes

Neo Member
They deserve each and every single sale they made. First Ubisoft title i haven't felt let down or exploited by in a long long time.

Klik

They hit 20 million players(20m registered accounts). Last year they sold total of 7.4m copies. Good for them,its a good game and one of the rare ubisoft games that i play online. Also they sold more than 3m copies just on PC which is great,more then 50.000 players are playing it on steam at the moment

xviper

i played since the release of the game back in 2015, it is fucking amazing and it was highly underrated

but in near the end of 2016, people finally noticed how amazing it is and finally it got the success it deserves

it's a unique experience that you won't find in any FPS game

i stopped playing a long time ago, but R6S is among the best FPS MP games this generation next to Overwatch, Halo 5 and Titanfall 1

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Lol at all the old comments in this thread, they all eating crow now.

They would deserve it that's for sure. Still waiting on an X patch though guys ;)

At Least we get 16x AF, rock solid framerate and 1080p if it uses a dynamic scaler.

Lol at all At Least we get 16x AF, rock solid framerate and 1080p if it uses a dynamic scaler.

I don’t believe it uses a dynamic scaler. Last time I checked it uses a checkerboard rendering technique and upscaes from 540p (on PS4).

I’m not sure on the exact resolution for XB1, think it’s half of 900p but could be half of 1080p like the PS4.

If they did drop an enhance patch, just pushing to native 1080p at 60FPS would be a huge boost.

b0bbyJ03

I don’t believe it uses a dynamic scaler. Last time I checked it uses a checkerboard rendering technique and upscaes from 540p (on PS4).

I’m not sure on the exact resolution for XB1, think it’s half of 900p but could be half of 1080p like the PS4.

If they did drop an enhance patch, just pushing to native 1080p at 60FPS would be a huge boost.

hahah, just read the comments when the thread was created and I honestly can't blame them for feeling that way at the time. R6 surprised the shit out of me and ended up becoming my favorite shooter of this gen. How the fuck did that happen?

Blam

hahah, just read the comments when the thread was created and I honestly can't blame them for feeling that way at the time. R6 surprised the shit out of me and ended up becoming my favorite shooter of this gen. How the fuck did that happen?

Because their Live Team is fucking amazing.

Faynwulf

It's really great to see a publisher supporting a game this much.

I'll definitely buy it in the next Steam Sale.

release it on the switch and i'll buy it again.

It’s one game I genuinely don’t think would translate well on the Switch. It’s ready running at a quite a low resolution on PS4/X1. Further cut backs on that wouldn’t look good. Dropping the frame rate and possibly the destruction system would just neuter the game.

Cc23830

I bought it last week for £5 i made selling off PUBG crates on steam market. Its a simplified version but i love it. Played a few times and it seems easy to jump in and play.

Top Bottom