• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft files new Beyond Good & Evil trademark

Daft Punk

Banned
Man I can't wait to see Gaf's reaction when it's revealed to be an NX timed exclusive.

I'd rather is be a multiplatform and not exclusive to anyone. Don't let it die by putting it on a brand new console with no install base. We don't need another Bayonetta 2.

NX launch game?

Now that would be something. But does anybody REALLY believes that rumor? Doubt Ubisoft will ever do a Nintendo exclusive ever again even if they offer to give some money for the development.

I'd rather is be a multiplatform and not exclusive to anyone. Don't let it die by putting it on a brand new console with no install base. We don't need another Bayonetta 2.

Bayonetta 2 didn't sold poorly and we all know how it would have ended on the other consoles.
Exclusives can work if they fill a special gap in the line up, the marketing is right and the press is talking a lot about it.

Now that would be something. But does anybody REALLY believes that rumor? Doubt Ubisoft will ever do a Nintendo exclusive ever again even if they offer to give some money for the development.
The rumor said it would be a 2017 game not a launch game if I remember correctly.

StereoVsn

Beyond Good and Evil 1 Remaster and BGaE2 in one case, Bayonetta style. Do it, Nintendo! (Probably won't get NX till late 2017/2018).

jonno394

depends how much Nintendo give them (eg - Bayonetta 2 style, funding the whole thing because no one else will and Ubi don't want to foot the bill).

I don't care where it comes, just hopefully it eventually comes!

774.gif

We don't need a well received sequel to a series people believed dead which was financially beneficial to the developers?

I can't believe this attitude still persists here.

Byvar

This is quite exciting! Michel Ancel has been teasing it increasingly for years and last mentioned that he was going to show his huge new Ubisoft project "soon" in September. And now this? You can bet it'll be at E3. My only concern is that it would become a standard (boring) Ubisoft open-world-style game, but I believe in Ancel and will be getting this day one (unless it's NX exclusive, in which case I'll probably wait a bit).

Galang

Banned
Nintendo saves the day again :D!

Hope this is announced, as so many want a new Beyond Good & Evil to happen :).

Wish they would've saved Lily Bergamo too :(, but lemme not be greedy. Glad this is happening at all! Will buy this DAY 1 regardless of the platform

Frumix

Suffering From Success
We don't need a well received sequel to a series people believed dead which was financially beneficial to the developers?

I can't believe this attitude still persists here.

Nah, a game getting made is great.
But "I can't wait for it to be exclusive so that I can see the salt" is simply a mountain and a cherry of pettiness, and a reality check is necessary.

Dunno if I trust for a graceful sequel to be made 12 years later though, Nintendo or no Nintendo. In-production materials they showed on an occasion weren't all that enticing.
A modern third-person character action game a-la AssCreed or Bamham that just has the characters from that one beloved gem... isn't something I'd want personally.

Anarky

Banned
Nah, a game getting made is great.
But "I can't wait for it to be exclusive so that I can see the salt" is simply a mountain and a cherry of pettiness, and a reality check is necessary.

I'm not really hoping for it be exclusive, I'd be okay with it being multiplatform too actually.

My comment was mostly made in jest.

RyoonZ

Banned
Didnt particularly care about this game but please NX exclusive
The salt and meltdown would fill me with joy

Kouriozan

I bet this will get delayed 6 months to port it to other platforms
/s
I also think it's for keeping the trademark alive, but everything is possible, if they are indeed making it I hope for a reveal soon.

Bayonetta 2 didn't sold poorly and we all know how it would have ended on the other consoles.
Exclusives can work if they fill a special gap in the line up, the marketing is right and the press is talking a lot about it.

Don't spoil the narrative. Bayo 2 bombed but it would have sold MILLIONS on PS4 and X box one. Obviously. That should teach Nintendo not to steal our gamez anymore.

On topic: why now? Why not Just before e3?

doemaaan

I don't trust current Ubisoft with a BG&E sequel. Without a doubt in my mind, it'll be yet another rip of Assassins Creed in some fashion. Towers, follow wait follow wait missions and a fuck TON of collectibles.

Malus

Just noticed this now.

I still have no idea what to expect from this game if it's real. The little teaser video they made a long time ago didn't look too appealing but we'll see. At least there'll be hype.

WiLD looks like a great action adventure, so I'm fine with whatever Ancels game at Ubisoft is. BG&E would be pretty cool though.

Top Bottom