• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Gamescom Offer - Games for £1/€1/$1

ksdixon

can anyone who has purchased Splinter Cell: Conviction from UPLAY confirm or deny weather it has the extra Deniable Ops missions DLC included?

Xanathus

Great... I just bought Driver San Francisco via the Uplay client and now the game shows up in my Games tab but for some reason it thinks that it's already downloaded and installed. Clicking on Play gives me the error "Unable to start the game. Please check that your game has been installed correctly. If the problem persists please contact Ubisoft Support". I've submitted a support ticket, guess I'll get to see how Ubisoft Support's quality is.

Great... I just bought Driver San Francisco via the Uplay client and now the game shows up in my Games tab but for some reason it thinks that it's already downloaded and installed. Clicking on Play gives me the error "Unable to start the game. Please check that your game has been installed correctly. If the problem persists please contact Ubisoft Support". I've submitted a support ticket, guess I'll get to see how Ubisoft Support's quality is.

Did you reset Uplay? That seems to fix most issues.

Stellares

I've tried several times to buy driver. First time it said uplay was unavailable, then it didn't accept my paypal and now when i entered a credit card it said server error.

I've never had any problems with steam. God this is frustrating.

Cade

Bought From Dust the other day and bought Driver a while ago. I'm pleased that uPlay downloads as fast as Steam, at least for me.

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
So i just bought Driver from the website but it doesn't show up in Uplay client or on the website in my account under games. Wat

Edit: NVM it is in Uplay now.

Nabs

Bought From Dust the other day and bought Driver a while ago. I'm pleased that uPlay downloads as fast as Steam, at least for me.

It downloads at about half speed for me, but I'm not complaining. It's still pretty fast.

edit: I hate installing games... and patches.

It downloads at about half speed for me, but I'm not complaining. It's still pretty fast.

edit: I hate installing games... and patches.

Been downloading pretty fast for me, but the patch after installing seems so old school I didn't even think about it as a feature of steam until now.

Anyway Driver San Francisco is really fun, it's a very different take on missions and I'm really glad there's no walking (is there?) as that's the part I always hated in GTA. Easily worth the ubidrm and gold coin donation as price of admission.

vazel

Banned
This has the same shitty download system as Amazon where it downloads a compressed file which it then extracts so you can finally install the game. This is a huge waste of hard drive space and time.

Levyne

Banned
I've had little luck with Uplays cloud saving. I had to turn it off else risk starting the game with a seemingly random level of my previous progress.

ksdixon

Is anyone having issues paying? Tried with PayPal, says something about clicking the secure payment button which there isn't one. My debit card isn't working (payment method not available for your location).

EDIT: It worked through the client, the website was being a douche though.

Is anyone having issues paying? Tried with PayPal, says something about clicking the secure payment button which there isn't one. My debit card isn't working (payment method not available for your location).

EDIT: It worked through the client, the website was being a douche though.

In my opinion the website is worse than the DRM, the design and function are both terrible.

VariantX

Bought driver and I get no conformation email or download link. WTF man...

EDIT: link finally appeared after entering my order number ...geez...dont think ill order anything from them again..

iNvid02

You mean restart Uplay? Yeah I've done that several times and it's still the same.

this happened to me with Hawx 2, very annoying. the only solution i could find was to uninstall the client and reinstall.

Just got Driver:SF. Thanks iNvid02! Man, one dollar. That's clucker prices right there. You smoking crack Ubi?

they want you to use uplay, they got you in their web now son

KuGsj.gif

scitek

This has the same shitty download system as Amazon where it downloads a compressed file which it then extracts so you can finally install the game. This is a huge waste of hard drive space and time.

Honestly, I'd rather that than a proprietary client as DRM. Just give me the content from the disc and nothing else.

Silex

Bought driver and I get no conformation email or download link. WTF man...

EDIT: link finally appeared after entering my order number ...geez...dont think ill order anything from them again..

Damn, had this issue too - quite panicked.
It takes a few minutes for the email to arrive and for the game to appear in the client...

VariantX

Damn, had this issue too - quite panicked.
It takes a few minutes for the email to arrive and for the game to appear in the client...

Few minutes? I ordered this at 1:30 am last night, it didn't show up until somewhere around 11 am this morning and that's only after i had to put the order number in manually.

Dipswitch

Has anyone figured out how to remove your credit card details from their abomination of a client/website. Can't find out where the crafty bastards have stored it.

Lain

I'm wondering, what price is Settlers 7 supposed to be? Uplay client shows it as 3,75€, website shows it at 7,50€. I get an error at the checkout on the Uplay client, so I'm guessing 7,50€ is the right price, which would be disappointing, at that price I'll just wait on a steam sale.

Edit: Solved the error at checkout using paypal and got the game for 3,75€. Rather weird error anyways.

iNvid02

I'm wondering, what price is Settlers 7 supposed to be? Uplay client shows it as 3,75€, website shows it at 7,50€. I get an error at the checkout on the Uplay client, so I'm guessing 7,50€ is the right price, which would be disappointing, at that price I'll just wait on a steam sale.

yep 7.50 is the sale price, 29.99 what they usually charge

also the game is 1 of 2 ubi titles that has always on drm left, dunno if that bothers you

Lain

yep 7.50 is the sale price, 29.99 what they usually charge

also the game is 1 of 2 ubi titles that has always on drm left, dunno if that bothers you

I managed to get it for 3,75€ going through the Uplay client and paying with paypal.
Didn't know it had always online DRM though lol. Oh well, at least I was able to get it cheap enough.

dream

Wow. I just bought Driver blind, because I'll buy anything for a dollar, and the premise of it is the funniest thing I've come across in a while.

"bought" driver, transaction went as completed, game does not appear on list or as charged on paypal.

Not a good sign... but it's a new service.

iNvid02

now i just feel dirty, 90p for DSF

10% off code is 10THANKYOU and it works for everything on the site, just bought AC3 with it

vbcu5.png

Etheus

Neo Member
Got it installed, and the first time I shift into a Taxi in the tutorial nothing happens. I just drive around forever. Ugh.

sonicmj1

Well, I tried to by Driver a bunch of times yesterday, and I kept getting server errors.

Guess Ubisoft doesn't want me to use their service.

PaulLFC

Anyone else get an email saying their order was cancelled? Bought Silent Hunter through Paypal - I have an email confirmation saying the payment to Ubisoft/DigitalRiver was successful, and the transaction shows up in Paypal as successful and having deducted the £1 from my bank account.

Just had an email today to say they didn't receive payment and are cancelling the order. Need to see whether the game is removed from Uplay or not when I get home, as the email does say to disregard it if payment has been sent and the order will be processed when it is received. The thing is, by all signs I can see, they have already received the payment.

Top Bottom