• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Q3 2015: AC Unity + Rogue 10m, Watch Dogs 10m, Far Cry 4 7m, Crew 2m shipped

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Unity it's unfortunately really bland. Combat system it's incredibly laggy. Missions boring and uninspired. I can put a long list to what was wrong about it and it's absolutely false to say reviewers criticize it just for the bugs.
Most of your gripes are purely subjective, I certainly wouldn't call the mission design uninspired.
Nah, its a bit more than that, there are some Sonic games that aren't good quality but sold well.
Didn't all three of the Wii U exclusive sonic games sell poorly?

Unity was great, can't wait to get Rogue if it releases on next gen, and I should really finish up Farcry 4. The only disappointment for me was WD (haven't played the Crew), so all in all, Ubi is doing great

Astral Dog

Didn't all three of the Wii U exclusive sonic games sell poorly?
Yes, Lost World like 700k , Mario and Sonic probably didn't do very good either.

But there are examples of "bad" Sonic games doing well on other systems, Secret Rings, 2006, Black Knight,Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic Unleashed, etc.

Im not saying that AC are bad games however, just that sometimes a low quality/dissapointing title can sell if it has something going for it.

There are Mario games that sell too even if they are very mediocre, like NSMB 2 or Mario Party ds, or Call of Duty Vita, that was a disaster.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Yes, Lost World like 700k , Mario and Sonic probably didn't do very good either.

But there are examples of "bad" Sonic games doing well on other systems, Secret Rings, 2006, Black Knight,Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic Unleashed, etc.

Im not saying that AC are bad games however, just that sometimes a low quality/dissapointing title can sell if it has something going for it.

There are Mario games that sell too even if they are very mediocre, like NSMB 2 or Mario Party ds, or Call of Duty Vita, that was a disaster.
Ah I see, yea you have a point with because all of those were really really bad.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I whole heartedly agree with the bolded but I think the majority of Gaf recognise we make up a sliver of many AAA sales, only a fool wouldn't recognise that.

Also keep on trucking and liking ACU bud, no one can hold that against you. Just try understand people's issues with the severe technical shortcomings and opinions of the janky as hell combat etc.

Yea but let's make sure your conception of 'sliver' is accurate enough to warrant the phrase 'only a fool wouldn't recognize that' - cause those are bold words.

what do you consider GAF to be? it's monthly traffic, it's total membership, or it's daily active posting base?

I'll meet you in the middle and count total membership.
so now we're 150k people. and do you genuinely believe that every single member here purchases games together? it's a wide forum with varied tastes. so can we say that 10% of the entire userbase buys a single title?

that puts us at a whopping... 15,000 units.
So, yea, any fool can clearly see that 15,000 units out of 10,000,000 is a hugely important sliver!

what, I should get to have fun sometimes too...did I do this right?

Fc4 well deserved success-great game. 2 mill for the crew is surprising. I thought it played like crap in the beta. I'll buy ac when it's cheap and never finish it like I always do...

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
JohnnyFootball said:
I am willing to bet Rogue was very cost effective and required minimal amount of work. All it did was reuse assets from Black Flag.
That's only holds if you believe that AC games engines are cross-compatible. I mean not to say assets don't get reused - it's just less cost-effective than it sounds on paper.
But I agree it's very likely Rogue had a much better cost/revenue ratio than Unity.

How the hell did The Crew ship 2 mill, and was the best selling racing game in Late 2014 with DriveClub and Forza Horizon 2 out? It even has the worst metacritic score by far compared to both games.

People what are you buying, and why.

Wait a minute.
I thought gaf has come to an agreement that metacritic is worthless?

Top Bottom