• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft: Watch Dogs, The Division, For Honor, The Crew, and Steep were all profitable

wildfire

Banned
Steeps dev team was tiny. It was made by Ubisoft Annecy which only employs 140 people. They are usually a team that helps the larger teams work on the "Big Projects" for Ubi.

Game likely didn't have to sell all that much to break even

I don't know what's cuter.

The days when 140 man is a small team for a mega studio.

Or that team proved their salt by making a passion game like Steep.

Either way EA should take notes the next time they give their own support studios a solo project, well supposed to be.

Cels

they even gave away the crew for free, i thought that was a sure sign the crew sucked, and now today they announced a damn sequel

i am totally out of touch

GunBR

I couldn't care less for any Ubisoft game since Stick of Truth, but it's good to see the company doing so well

Maybe that way we can have a new Rayman

yurinka

I don't know what's cuter.

The days when 140 man is a small team for a mega studio.

Or that team proved their salt by making a passion game like Steep.
Not all 140 people worked on Steep, the studio was also working in other projects at the same time.

And Annecy was in charge of the game, but like all AAA the work is split into different studios: testing, localization, PR, marketing and frequently a good portion of the art assets are handled by external teams. But in Ubisoft's case, most of this stuff is handled internally and they frequently mention publicly the main teams working on it, in addition to include them in the game credits.

Ubisoft has been steadily improving in these past few years. Even Uplay is decent nowadays.

I like that at least Ubisoft is doing different games, you rarely see winter sports games these days. For Honor is a neat idea too and I'd love to buy it in the future, but I doubt that I'd ever have time for it.

Falchion

I'm glad Watch Dogs 2 made money, they fixed so much compared to the first and I'd hate to see the series die now.

Top Bottom