• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UECWEB Alert!:Hitachi 50-inch 720p LCD HDTV ($899USD)

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
http://www.uecweb.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=1&pg=1

And before anyone asks:

http://www.uecweb.com/index.php?p=page&page_id=about_us

About Us

UEC Web, Inc. is a new subsidiary company established in 2001 for the purpose of selling refurbished Hitachi products through the Web. We are located in the State of Georgia. Our parent company has expertise selling Hitachi consumer electronic products in Japan for more than 20 years and in the United States since 1994.

We are Hitachi's authorized web-site store selling quality-refurbished models at special prices. Hitachi "Refurbished" products have been refurbished to Hitachi's quality standards and are fully operational, and may have cosmetic imperfections that in no way detract from the performance or safety of the product. This is a great benefit to those who do not mind cosmetic blemishes, but prefer fully functional products with 30 days Manufacturer's Limited Warranty.

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
DaCocoBrova said:
That particular model has some issues...

does it? Cnet's review says:
While not quite as fetching as some, this set offers the best out-of-the-box performance we've seen yet from a rear-projection LCD.
Not trying to start an argument, just curious as to what you've heard.
Edit: Yikes, after reading user reviews LOTS of people had some sort of "red-shift" on this TV. I mean like 50% of reviews on the web site. Not good quality control on it, it seems.

I had the 60V500A before, red clouds began to appear (albeit slightly) when the screen was all white, a big green stuck pixel appeared within 2 weeks on my first set, and a greenish smudge spot appeared in the middle of the screen on my second set within a year.

Got it replaced for a Sony KDFE60A20 and it's great so far.

Don't know about the latest Hitachi models (they fixed most of the issues apparently), but I would stay far, far away from the V500 series.

Top Bottom