• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 188: Champion vs Champion |OT| Fake Mexicans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chesskid1

Banned
GSHVRLx.jpg

Main Card (PPV) 10pm ET / 7pm PT / 3am UK

265lbs- Cain Velasquez (13-1) vs. Fabricio Werdum (19-5-1)
155lbs- Eddie Alvarez (25-4) vs. Gilbert Melendez (22-4)
185lbs- Nate Marquardt (33-14-2) vs. Kelvin Gastelum (10-1)
145lbs- Charles Rosa (10-1) vs. Yair Rodriguez (4-1)
115lbs- Tecia Torres (5-0) vs. Angela Hill (2-0)

Preliminary Bouts (FX) 8pm ET / 5pm PT/ 1am UK

125lbs- Henry Cejudo (8-0) vs. Chico Camus (14-5)
155lbs- Drew Dober (15-6) vs. Efrain Escudero (23-9)
135lbs- Alejandro Perez (15-5) vs. Patrick Williams (7-4)
155lbs- Johnny Case (20-4) vs. Francisco Trevino (12-0)

Early Prelims (UFC Fight Pass) 7pm ET/ 4pm PT/ 12am UK

170lbs- Cathal Pendred (16-2-1) vs. Augusto Montano (15-1)
145lbs- Gabriel Benitez (17-4) vs. Clay Collard (14-5)

UFC 188 Embedded
Episode 1| Episode 2|Episode 3|Episode 4|Episode 5|Episode 6

make sure to check out prelims to see henry cejudo. olympic gold medalist, seems really awesome in interviews and still undefeated. huge potential.

Banglish

I hope Werdum wins just to stifle Dana White's mexican movement, not that I have anything against Mexico, I just think it would make for fun.

Seems way less credible now that Stipe gassed him out in one round and laid 500+ strikes on him.

It's way less credible that VearDOOM TKO'd a man with a chin that VERY few people have rocked in his long career, counting kickboxing, because he was dominated over the course of 5 rounds and his chin never wavered?

Okay....gif

VoxPop

Seems way less credible now that Stipe gassed him out in one round and laid 500+ strikes on him.

or that he got absolutely clowned by JDS.

or he got subbed in a minute by Sean McCorkle

or he got subbed by Fedor who has never subbed any legit grappler besides maybe Ogawa

or that his last 5 wins are over guys who have no business being in the UFC

Werdum is legit though and see him actually beating a long layoff version of Cain. Can't say the same for Hunt.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
tumblr_inline_npt2y2s8HJ1qeb2ub_250.png

Only a three fight card but I'll still go catch it at BWW. Alvarez vs Gil should be a bloodbath, holy shit I can't wait for that scrap. That's my main event.

v1oz

The only fight worth watching is the main event. The UFC cards these days are a snooze fest. I wish the Japanese would get their shit together and bring back Pride FC.

VoxPop

The only fight worth watching is the main event. The UFC cards these days are a snooze fest. I wish the Japanese would get their shit together and bring back Pride FC.

hqdefault.jpg

So fun and relevant and important to the HW division

Can crushing has lost its charm

VoxPop

What a terrible fight. Really don't know how these fighters make it into the UFC. They're just barely TItan FC level. Would love a double future endeavor.

Werdum is easily the best fighter Cain has faced, and facing him after such a long layoff we don't really know which Cain we are getting. No outcome will surprise me.

lupinko

Kinda hard for them to do that when Uncle Dana and the Ferlita Bros own Pride.

nahlakhai

They tried to bring it back and it was called DREAM. Its dead too now. UFC PPVs are being spread way too thin the last two or so years.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Werdum is easily the best fighter Cain has faced, and facing him after such a long layoff we don't really know which Cain we are getting. No outcome will surprise me.

This is how I feel. I'm a huge Werdum fan but under normal circumstances I wouldn't pick him. This isn't normal, we've got The Franchise Cain Douglas sitting out for two years with injuries while holding the belt, it's hard to assume he's going to come back as great as he was right out of the gates. He's also never faced anybody who has even nearly the BJJ skill that Werdum does.

Lazyslob

Banned
I hope Werdum wins just to stifle Dana White's mexican movement, not that I have anything against Mexico, I just think it would make for fun.

i dont think it would shit werdum speaks way better spanish than cain. he does a lot of commentary for mexican broadcasts i think

I love the dead silence when someone gets taken out in their home country.

I just texted that to my friend and he called me a nega-mexican. I LOL'd.

pixelation

I love the dead silence when someone gets taken out in their home country.

I just texted that to my friend and he called me a nega-mexican. I LOL'd.

Well he is the winner of the first Latin America TUF... so there were high expectations for his first proper fight afterwards.

Well he is the winner of the first Latin America TUF... so there were high expectations for his first proper fight afterwards.

I completely forgot about that season. Now that I Wiki'd it I've completely forgotten about a lot of seasons.

How are they fake mexicans?

You mean the nega-mexicans comment my friend sent me?

He was calling me that because I'm mexican and I made a comment about a mexican losing in such a dominant fashion.

EDIT: I'm an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom