• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 237: Namajunas vs Andrade

ufc-237-800x1280fit.jpg

Main
QVdXDY8.jpg

Prelims
vBHQZZg.jpg

Early prelims
zmYDNNu.jpg

Starting times for all the cards for your area on the ufc page above.

Last edited:
I love Rose but this is a matchup I’ve always worried about for her. Andrade presents a physicality on another level from anything J.J. could throw at Rose.

Rose does have a dangerous submission game, so being taken down won’t be the end of the world for her, but Andrade is just so strong.

Very interesting to see how it goes

Aldo vs Volkanovski is a great fight

Last edited:

KOMANI

KOMANI
Man, we got a lot of the silver age fighters on this card, lil Nog, Thiago, Silva, Bj and Guida etc.

highrider

Banned
I love Rose but this is a matchup I’ve always worried about for her. Andrade presents a physicality on another level from anything J.J. could throw at Rose.

Rose does have a dangerous submission game, so being taken down won’t be the end of the world for her, but Andrade is just so strong.

Very interesting to see how it goes

Aldo vs Volkanovski is a great fight

Her delts are concerning. I haven’t watched her fight but she looks stronger than me lol

manfestival

Personally this card while probably really good is just not interesting to me. Gonna pass on this.
I don't care for Rose or her Division. Andrade will probably smash her skull in. I love Silva but he just needs to retire or go fight for Bellator. Aldo vs Volkan is probably the only major fight that I care about here. Only to see if Aldo's heart is still in the game and if he is capable. Thiago alves... MEH. Francisco trinaldo and other guy I do not care about either. Also little Nog I can watch fight for free as well as BJ Penn. This might have been a good card... 10 years ago.

Rose vs Jessica sounds the most interesting to me. And of course Jose Aldo.

I don't like seeing Nog and BJ. They are not up to it anymore.

Andrade definitely has thighs of thunder, but Rose is a warrior who has surprised me with her performances.

There's a resurgence of older fighters and I hope Aldo joins that train. Surprised he wasn't co-main, but if the rumors are true then this might be Silvas retirement fight on home soil and he has served well.

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
This card has some of my all time favorites...

Rose, Aldo, Silva and Penn. I wish they all would win but most of them are pretty late in their careers. What time is this event? Is it central us time because it's in Brazil? I don't want to miss this one.

This card has some of my all time favorites...

Rose, Aldo, Silva and Penn. I wish they all would win but most of them are pretty late in their careers. What time is this event? Is it central us time because it's in Brazil? I don't want to miss this one.

Click on the ufc link at the op it should show starting times for all the cards for your area.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
Something I was thinking about as well. I was surprised they didn’t do it Vegas or Denver on Rose’s home turf
It's possible they were required to have a title fight for the event, and she accepted whatever they were offering. Seems like a big risk to me though.

It's possible they were required to have a title fight for the event, and she accepted whatever they were offering. Seems like a big risk to me though.
Something I was thinking about as well. I was surprised they didn’t do it Vegas or Denver on Rose’s home turf

I thought this was weird too. I'd like to see Rose go Thug on her and steal her soul in front of all Brazil! That's the shit legends are made of. :messenger_beaming::messenger_smiling_hearts:

highrider

Banned
Was watching some video of Rose’s opponent, she’s a brawler and pretty raw. Rose is a much more polished and trained fighter. I’m loving the respect the fighters are showing, it’s better for the long term health of the sport.

Last edited:

Winter John

Gold Member
I wouldn't be surprised if Rose uses Jedrzejczyk’s strategy of jabs and head kicks against Andrade. She's the same height and weight as Jedrzejczyk so it'd probably be the best option for her. I'd guess Andrade's strategy will be to slow Rose's movement by going for takedowns and body shots then overwhelm her with strikes. If Rose can hold up against the volume of Andrade's strikes she'll win no problem. Either way, it'll be an interesting fight

If I’m Andrade I’m gonna be keeping it close range as possible and try to overwhelm Rose physically with heavy pressure and grappling.

Joanna had outstanding takedown defense and defensive grappling (able to minimize any opponents advantage from a takedown or top position, always was able to get back to her feet against anyone at 115). Andrade has also improved since that fight.

If Andrade gets her arms around Rose, Rose WILL get slammed. Rose will be going for rides if Andrade can close the distance. However, unlike JJ, Rose has outstanding submissions. A takedown isn’t the end of the world for Rose, she’s dangerous everywhere.

If Andrade is content with a stand up war she will most likely lose. Andrade needs to capitalize on her considerable strength advantage

Last edited:

highrider

Banned
Rose should feed her jabs, circle right and avoid the ropes. Andrade has serious power but her punches aren’t lights out stuff, more of an overwhelming puncher. I think Rose has got this. There’s this quiet confidence she has because I think she trains in the right way mentally and physically.

I’ve seen a lot of “what’s the point of Silva vs Cannonier” and I kinda agree. But I guess matching up Silva this late in the game is a bit of a paradox

Hinedorf

Banned
BJ Penn on a card???? He hasn't shown up in shape to a fight in 10 years..... will it be the second or first round he's gassed

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned

Cannonier and his buds have a PS4 Pro setup in the hotel room but I don’t recognize the fighting game

Its Soul Caliber 6. Good fighting game that uses weapons. Geralt from the Witcher and 2B from Nier are in it as guest characters. Link, Yoda, Darth Vader have all been guest fighters. You should check it out if you like fighters.

To me, seems not the most exciting card on paper tbh. But I'll still watch it. I'm interested in the top 3 fights. I don't know if Silva has that edge anymore, even though he had a great last fight(even if he lost). Aldo seems to be on an uptick and I think he'll continue that, and Andrade is a tough fight for Rose and it could really go either way. Rose has proven to rise to the occasion and surprise people.

Wow, Alves just spent the whole fight chopping the legs and then hits him with a nasty uppercut. Really great fights tonight so far.

Nog is just getting too old to hang with these young bucks. Vicious uppercut. Great great card so far, I'm really impressed.

manfestival

I am looking at sherdog right now.
Bethe Correia is trash and she was obviously used to fluff Rousey... confirmed ANOTHER time again. I can confirm that her booty is huge from seeing her in person.

Little Nog - He got destroyed geez.
BJ Penn - Lost to my hero Clay Guida. Both are trash but I am glad that BJ gets to eat his own words about coming back to dominate L O L
Alves - Lost and I am thankful

Looks like the newer blood and generation is really putting the older ones to bed. I love you Anderson Silver but it is time for Cannonier to beat you so the division can move on(after Aldos fight of course... at the time of writing this lol)

I dunno what the plan is for Max. I dunno if they are gonna give him a long layoff after the Poirier beating or not. I dunno if Volkan goes straight to a title match or if he gets Ortega on the rebound.

Does Frankie Edgar have a fight? Where has that guy been

TrainedRage

Banned
Frack! Jose needs to retire along with BJ as much as I love them both. He lost that. He was fighting like it was 5 rounds against Conner.

Im so sad, I love Jose. :messenger_crying:

Last edited:
Top Bottom