• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 237: Namajunas vs Andrade

Silva needs to just retire already. These injuries are just gonna make fighting harder and harder. He's the GOAT, he doesn't have anything left to prove.

manfestival

talk about "retirement party" the EVENT. GEEEEEEEZ
Problem is that most of these retirees are of the home crowd and favorites

FUCK Rose has FAST hand. CRISPY combos

Andrade CANNOT just stand there

and BOOM here come the slams from Andrade., and the sub attempts from Rose, as expected

Last edited:

dream

I dunno, JareBear. I tend to default to Pride-style scoring, but with sub attempts, knockdowns, and OMG

If I’m Andrade I’m gonna be keeping it close range as possible and try to overwhelm Rose physically with heavy pressure and grappling.

If Andrade gets her arms around Rose, Rose WILL get slammed. Rose will be going for rides if Andrade can close the distance. However, unlike JJ, Rose has outstanding submissions. A takedown isn’t the end of the world for Rose, she’s dangerous everywhere.

If Andrade is content with a stand up war she will most likely lose. Andrade needs to capitalize on her considerable strength advantage

WOW

EDIT

WOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW

That's fucking crazy

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I gotta pat myself on the back here. I feel like I diagnosed this fight to the tee

Decent night of fights. Catch yall next time

I wanted Rose to win. This feels almost dirty. Not sure who is next. Tatiana Suarez has the grappling to match up with Andrade

Last edited:

Carton

Sickening slam. I got Fedor-Randleman flashbacks and had serious concerns about Rose’s c-spine until I saw her sitting up.

Carton

The outcome of the fight definitely doesn't feel right, but to Andrade's credit that was how she was gonna win. The only way she was gonna win. She did the only thing she could do. I would pick Rose in a rematch 10 out of 10 times

Yeah, I tend to agree. I don't think Rose will repeat the mistake of holding onto limbs for submissions rather than readying to break her fall and tucking her chin and, in the first, instance not allowing Andrade's so deep under her centre of gravity.

So four options for Andrade next:

1.) Rose rematch

I like this because was coming off dominating the 115 GOAT twice and was winning this fight convincingly for all but 10 seconds

2.) Winner of Nina Ansaroff/Tatiana Suarez

This is my second choice. Nina loses to Andrade 8 out of 10 times imo, but Tatiana is a wrestling beast. She ain’t getting slammed by anyone at 115.

3.) Joanna

Joanna has the win over Andrade but just doesn’t deserve a title shot currently, imo. Would be my third choice

4. Karate Hottie Waterson

My last choice. I think Waterson is just Rose-lite. I think Waterson poses much threat other than a wild submission

highrider

Banned
The outcome of the fight definitely doesn't feel right, but to Andrade's credit that was how she was gonna win. The only way she was gonna win. She did the only thing she could do. I would pick Rose in a rematch 10 out of 10 times

Pretty much. Feel bad for Rose.

Skyr

That slam was sure something and came unexpected. It was very weird to see Rose almost happy about loosing the belt.
I hope there will be a rematch.

Also those Brazilian fans proved once again they are a bunch of butthurt babies.
Booing Cannonier for no other reason then being salty. Show some respect for fighters visiting your country you bitter cunts.

Last edited:

mekes

Rose fought well but she’s Rose. With that frame it’s only a matter of time before she fights someone stocky who will put her on her head. It’s a shame it was tonight and against somebody she was easily outclassing.

Top Bottom