• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 296: Edwards vs. Covington - T-Mobile Arena - December 16

Who wins: Edwards or Covington? Pantoja or Royval? Rakhmonov or Thompson?

• Edwards, Pantoja, Rakhmonov.

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Edwards, Royval, Rakhmonov.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Edwards, Pantoja, Thompson.

• Edwards, Royval, Thompson.

• Covington, Pantoja, Rakhmonov.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Covington, Royval, Rakhmonov.

• Covington, Pantoja, Thompson.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Covington, Royval, Thompson.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GymWolf

I root for colby but i have the dude that speak with a pair of slippers in his mouth, pantoja and of course rakmonov winning.

Hopefully luke is gonna sleep the cuck but cuck energy is a real thing and luke has been declining for a while now.

Paddy is probably gonna submit tony, the dude is kinda trash but he has a good chin and i don't see tony ko him.

Ballthyrm

My heart says Wonderboy but my head says Rakhmonov.
I really, really, really want Stephen Tompson to win so he can retire after his title shot which he deserve.

I think Edwards is a good enough champion that it doesn't go in the championship rounds.
Pantoja is the unknown here, we don't know if he can have the same motivation has he had in the last fight but I'm rooting for him to win again.

PS: I hope Ferguson wins, I can't stand to see him lose again.

Edmund

Ferguson fan and I hope he'll win but I think Paddy is a better fighter.

Hope Garbrant and Covington gets KO'd. Can't stand the both of them.

GymWolf

Ferguson fan and I hope he'll win but I think Paddy is a better fighter.

Hope Garbrant and Covington gets KO'd. Can't stand the both of them.
Dude arguably lost against jared gordon...

It's tony being way worse than before more than paddy being good.

Edmund

Dude arguably lost against jared gordon...

It's tony being way worse than before more than paddy being good.

I know. I just hate to see him lose. Sigh. I get the feeling he'll get cut after this fight. Then he'll go over to Bareknuckle Fighting Championship to get beaten up somemore. Tony Ferguson's the kind of guy to do that.

tommycronin

Banned
If Edwards vs Covington was happening after Edwards first win against Usman I would pick Covington, but after his second win I think he beats Colby who seems just like the same but a bit worse fighter than Usman.
Leon knew in the title fight he defended against Usman fight that there's still a chance Usman could get a win. For the Colby fight Leon thinks there's no universe where he thinks Colby can beat him. A lot of people thought the same thing this year and they're currently not the champ anymore.

Colby has to win by stoppage I don't see him winning by decision at all.

Colby has to win by stoppage I don't see him winning by decision at all.
Colby's such a workhorse though, I could easily see him putting a lot of pressure on the first 3 rounds to gas out Edwards and coast the last 2. Edwards conditioning is gonna be his biggest hurdle. If he's prepped, he more than has the tools for Colby, but it does seem like Edwards is underestimating Colby maybe more than he should.

Who knows though, both have surprised me in big ways in the past so...

If colby was over weight, he'd be the perfect poster boy for how the rest of the world views Americans

I love him.

free everyone GIF

• LOL
Reactions: INC
I don't know, it's kinda sad and pityful from my point of view, not attributes I would associate with Americans.
He's just playing the character. I'm sure he's almost assuredly a relatively normal American dude, he just realized he had to add chaos to get anyone to talk about him because his work ethic wasn't doing enough even though he was on a hell of a run up to him winning the Interim Belt. It's not a great look, I don't particularly like that he's kinda embracing the "American Bad-Guy Chaell Sonnen .5" kind of thing, but it's working for him and at this point, I don't really put much behind what he says as it's so over the top that if you can't tell by this point, you'd(not you specifically) be the type of person that he's exactly working.

Last edited:

Kings Field

Colby was going to be cut years ago from the roster win or lose because he lacked personality and was rather boring. That’s where the chaos gimmick came from and he ran with it.

I think he’s overrated personally and hasn’t had a win against a ranked fighter since like 2017 when he fought RDA besides the Woodley fight. His biggest attribute is putting pressure on his opponents with volume striking, wrestling, and cardio but lacks any real threat if either is negated.

I don’t like Leon either but I see him beating Colby rather easily.

The true future of WW is fighting Thompson. I’ve been riding the Shavkat train forever and at one time said he would beat Khamzat. If he doesn’t get caught by Thompson it should be relatively easy work for him. Wonderboy is a good fighter but severely one dimensional.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
wonder if colbys under mad pressure to not get ko'd in front of trump

actually probably feels a ton of pressure but leon seemed emotional from that dad comment wonder how they're both going to be affected hope they put on a good show i picked leon, pantoja and Rakhmonov. not to sure about colby vs leon or the pnatoja fight but pantoja already beat royal and I'm pretty sure rakhmonov can take it from wonder boy still if wonder boy starts outstriking him since he can rely on his grappling

Last edited:

ikbalCO

wonder if colbys under mad pressure to not get ko'd in front of trump

actually probably feels a ton of pressure but leon seemed emotional from that dad comment wonder how they're both going to be affected hope they put on a good show i picked leon, pantoja and Rakhmonov. not to sure about colby vs leon or the pnatoja fight but pantoja already beat royal and I'm pretty sure rakhmonov can take it from wonder boy still if wonder boy starts outstriking him since he can rely on his grappling
Not gonna lie, deep down i am rooting for colby.

He is just, so ufc… hope he wins and run to trump. That would be EPIC

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Not gonna lie, deep down i am rooting for colby.

He is just, so ufc… hope he wins and run to trump. That would be EPIC

lol he has a chance ppl either love him or hate I guess haha i know he just plays a heel like in wwe ppl not familiar with wrestling may not understand

Top Bottom