• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC on Xbox One/PS4 will be 1080p/30fps w/motion blur

hemo memo

Gold Member
No, it's not a computational heavy effect. In fact, motion blur is added to make the game look smoother. Low framerates look less janky if you add motion blur. Lost Planet ran like ass on my old PC, but it had so much motion blur it looked decent.

Uncharted 3 had a glitch with the motion blur. It was being calculated but not applied which is why the patch didn't have an effect on the framerate. Motion blur does impact the framerate but not too much on a modern GPU, they're probably doing more than just motion blur in the 30fps build.

Now i understand, thanks guys :)

MMaRsu

Banned
Remember when EA couldn't get their sports games to run at 60fps on PS3 while it was on the 360? I wonder why that's not more of an issue with the Xbone.

Edit: Also, add it to the current tally of 1080p Xbone games

Until I see its confirmed for xbone personally i have my doubts on 1080p.

Purexed

Banned
No problem with this at all, from the brief footage I saw at E3, the game looks sensational, even at the pre-alpha stage it was at. The body deformation on fists and kicks hitting bodies was a level above Fight Night.

Maxy

Banned
It's day one for me no matter what but I really wish that they could come to their senses and just go with 60fps.

They are the guys who managed to create this on a 360

fight-night-champion-playstation-3-ps3-1298651123-037.jpg

Just do your best up to stable 60fps.

Shut up and make a new boxing game god damn you.

It's day one for me no matter what but I really wish that they could come to their senses and just go with 60fps.

They are the guys who managed to create this on a 360

fight-night-champion-playstation-3-ps3-1298651123-037.jpg

Just do your best up to stable 60fps.

Played the living daylights out of this game.

Shai-Tan

Banned
30fps is perfectly fine for that game. The THQ game and the EA MMA game were slow paced (compared to other fighting games) and didn't rely on perfect precision or timing. If it doesn't drop below 30 there shouldn't be anything to complain about (we should complain about how these games do a poor job capturing whats good about MMA)

Remember when EA couldn't get their sports games to run at 60fps on PS3 while it was on the 360? I wonder why they're able to hit parity with the Xbone.

Edit: Also, add it to the current tally of 1080p Xbone games

Because of partnerships with Microsoft/Moore
They could know how to use it better

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I actually love motion blur and did think that FN3 looked better as a result of it *BUT* I would much prefer motion blur AND 60 fps.

Because of the Fight Night games, I have more confidence in EA's ability to do UFC than some of their other sports titles, which I've been unimpressed by so far.

Still, I look at NBA2k14 on next-gen and wonder what could have been...

CSX

Is it going to use the Ignite engine?

If so, i hope it be better than what nba live is offering lol

Cover will be Jones and GSP, no need to even waste time with a "vote"

With that said, I really want to see gameplay of this

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Does this mean that since they both run at the same resolution and fps that this is going to have comparisons up the wazoo?

Skinpop

30 fps in a fighting/sports game? Nope not gonna buy, i'd rather take 60fps than any kind of fancy unnecessary effects they are implementing.

Hendo vs Shogun is on TV right now..........can't wait to relive that matchup in this game :)

I hope it's improved over Undisputed

Let's get Miesha Tate on the cover

dreamfall

I just keep hoping that striking is done with face buttons- PLEASE.

I think the ground game needs a complete overhaul from EA MMA also, but that's another issue entirely!

Top Bottom