• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFO Robot Grendizer - The Feast of the Wolves Reveal Trailer | PS5 & PS4 Games

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I got confused and thought UFO Robot Grendizer is Megaton Musashi and was absolutely shocked with how low budget and stock engine/asset flip like it feels.

I was conflicted they get some things like the style (though lod pop in is crazy bad all over the place) then botch tiny levels, invisible walls, the hit reactions, etc.

I kept thinking ok, it's ok I guess but couldn't it be a little bit more polished please, like low budget games like Platinum's Transformers game or a Level 5 game?

Now I feel kinda bad because it apparently is a small time studio's game after all (though I think they could go lower than the 40 EUR) but feelings don't change.

I'm going to guess that even with tempered expectations it starting off with 100% positive rate is mostly because of super nostalgic fans of the old anime series.

This:

Is not this:

Though one of the various Megaton Musashi versions/updates so far did have a Grendizer collaboration (an anime show reboot is coming in 2024 apparently).

Last edited:

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
watching you blue eyes GIF by Denyse
watching you blue eyes GIF by Denyse

I Love You Kiss GIF by Sam Omo

Top Bottom