• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

uh... a spider just crawled into my xbox one

jadjei

Goddamn I kind of wish I didn't click this thread. It makes me wonder if there are any spiders in my fat PS2 :/.

Noi_

Banned
Welp... I'm gonna be cracking all of my consoles open tomorrow to make sure they're not possessed.

On one hand I should probably too. But on the other hand there's no way i'd even know how to deal with the things if I did find them.

Seik

Banned
This is what the spider in my PS3 kind of looked like:

false-widow-spider-small.png

Apparently these are False Black Widows, and I didn't know these were also here in Canada :/

and I didn't know these were also here in Canada :/

here in Canada :/

Fuck life itself, I'm opening all my shit. D:

Also

oewVKbW.gif

Im terrified of spiders, but since GAF usually posts the same pics and GIFs over and over, I think im getting a grip on that fear......I think (that trap door one always gets me damn it). In any case, fear does not equal to hate, I love almost all animals, I dont hate Spider and have a fond respect for them.

the way some of them behave is kind of cute.

like this one trying to hide in the sand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvG6U2ULkVU

I think my reason to find them creepy are the long bony looking legs.....

EDIT: VVVVVVVVV okay that gif kinda gets to me.....wtf. must be the eyes.

Kadin

This thread has reminded me why I always leave the lights off whenever possible. If I can't see them, they don't exist...

DragonNC

Same thing happened to me with XBOX before 13 years & what I did is sprayed with "Pest spray" & let it sit for 2 days before I used again.
Spray only in ventilation holes & let it dry in worm plays for 2 days.

After that you can plug it again & will work fine.

NeoGIF

Tell the spider that it will have to start paying you rent if it's going to remain in your Xbox.

It will immediately exit your console. Problem solved.

Dueck

Banned
It'll get hungry and leave. Maybe place a couple of crickets in a bowl or even some enemy spiders nearby.

We had a huge wolf spider that looked like the fella in the gif keep sneaking into the bedroom from outside. After awhile I named him Hugo and he was pretty chill. My wife did not like him though. Hugo senior, Hugo junior, and baby Hugo are the sizing names now...

But yeah, I would just wait it out for a week and hope he does not die or shed inside.

I wouldn't be worried if it got into a ps4, things are super cramped and get hot, it would probably fry to death the second you load TLOU's main menu.

In a One, though ? Plently of space, and just enough heat to get comfortable. The spider's gonna like it here.

Xbox One, the all in one home for spiders to nest.

Bergerac

What exactly was this guys plan? Was he gonna hold the spider captured forever in that position if he managed to get it?

You don't even need card/paper. You just scrape the box or whatever across the ceiling into the spider until it has no choice to drop. It couldn't climb the surface of whatever he's using.

- Unplug the system
- press the power button about 10 times to try and get it to totally cycle all electricity out of it.
- Pour a very large bath of pure rubbing alcohol, enough to submerge the system in
- Submerge the system
- Make sure the spider is dead
- Leave the system on a towel, let it dry for a day, maybe two
-
Don't do this

Top Bottom