• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK boxed sales: Zelda TOTK is #1 again, followed by FIFA 23 and Mario Kart 8

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
Game will be in the charts for the next decade like GTA

Nintendos started a revolutions that changed societies

TlbrReE.gif

Fredrik

No surprise really, everybody I know who’s into gaming is playing TOTK right now, a couple have bought new consoles because of the game as well.
GOTY

Hudo

How the fuck is Mario Kart 8 still(?) again(?) on there? It's a really good game but I'd figured that all the Switch owners who wanted to buy Mario Kart would've bought one by now.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
How the fuck is Mario Kart 8 still(?) again(?) on there? It's a really good game but I'd figured that all the Switch owners who wanted to buy Mario Kart would've bought one by now.
I don't think it's ever even had a price cut either.

SaintALia

There, fixed for you.
More than 5:
Mario Kart
Animal Crossing
Zelda
Smash Bros
Super Mario(series-2D and 3D)
Mario Party
Pokemon
Luigi's Mansion
Splatoon
Ring Fit

Though Zelda and Luigi's Mansion are new to the double digit world, and Ring Fit is a new IP. Arms, Captain Toad, Astral Chain are over a million sales, but not perennial sellers-but very few games actually are. Probably Minecraft and GTA can boast that(cross generational and consistent sellers years after release).

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
The important is that you believe it. 😂
BOTW is still on the charts and thats a 2017 games this is faster selling my friends and puts Nintendos back at #1 WW hardwares

blacktout

There, fixed for you.

There are ten or eleven franchises (depending on how you count) on the Switch alone that have sold more than ten million units, with another one (Switch Sports) almost certain to cross the line the next time Nintendo reports sales numbers.

I really don't understand your comment at all. Can you name any publisher with more franchises that have broken ten million this generation? Hell, can you name any publisher with more 10 million+ selling franchises across all of gaming history?

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
Game will be in the charts for the next decade like GTA

Nintendos started a revolutions that changed societies

TlbrReE.gif
IDK if it will, but I'll be playing for a while... I haven't beaten Ganondorf and dropped the game for now, but I know I'll go back to it every number of weeks or months to do more stuff like my cozy game. I have no rush to finish it, basically no other game get that status from me.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Hogwarts still has other versions to release

I don’t think TotK will pass it

So Hogwarts is GOTY?
I think Hogwarts definitely belongs in the conversation for Game of the Year. Just like Final Fantasy 16. The conversation will be short because the question will be, are either better than Zelda, and the answer is no.

I think Hogwarts definitely belongs in the conversation for Game of the Year. Just like Final Fantasy 16. The conversation will be short because the question will be, are either better than Zelda, and the answer is no.

Comes down to taste. I enjoyed a few games this year more than ToTK

I think it’ll win the media awards though, it’s the highest “rated” (overrated?) game this year

Either way a lot of people seem to be making an argument that sales is the biggest factor, which I think shouldn’t be a factor at all

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I think only Starfield has a chance. I do worry that they showed a lot of systems but not really moment to moment gameplay, and the fact that they didn't let anyone play it but IGN. They are confident in it so hopefully it'll deliver.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I think only Starfield has a chance. I do worry that they showed a lot of systems but not really moment to moment gameplay, and the fact that they didn't let anyone play it but IGN. They are confident in it so hopefully it'll deliver.
I’m damn certain that Starfield will be my game of the year, but I seriously doubt it will beat out Zelda I most places.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Comes down to taste. I enjoyed a few games this year more than ToTK

I think it’ll win the media awards though, it’s the highest “rated” (overrated?) game this year

Either way a lot of people seem to be making an argument that sales is the biggest factor, which I think shouldn’t be a factor at all
Sales plays a part, because they’re looked at almost as a validation of a great game, especially if the game continues to sell past its first week. First week sales are die hards for the most part. Sales weeks/months after release show something. I can’t put my finger on it, but it might show something about quality.

Impotaku

Because theres a whole expansion pass of new tracks still been released so it brings new people into buying it, probably each time a new wave drops some people finally jump on board.

Eotheod

Because theres a whole expansion pass of new tracks still been released so it brings new people into buying it, probably each time a new wave drops some people finally jump on board.
Plus there is no doubt Mario Movie magic happening.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Suitable and fun for all age, a staple for friend/family gathering, more tracks incoming.

You can never go wrong with this game.

Sojiro

More than 5:
Mario Kart
Animal Crossing
Zelda
Smash Bros
Super Mario(series-2D and 3D)
Mario Party
Pokemon
Luigi's Mansion
Splatoon
Ring Fit

Though Zelda and Luigi's Mansion are new to the double digit world, and Ring Fit is a new IP. Arms, Captain Toad, Astral Chain are over a million sales, but not perennial sellers-but very few games actually are. Probably Minecraft and GTA can boast that(cross generational and consistent sellers years after release).
Don't forget Splatoon!

* Whoops you didn't, I just can't read, carry on lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom