• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK Charts: PS4 exclusives Yakuza and Dreams crack Top Ten

Shin

Banned
A collection of remastered Yakuza games was the biggest new physical release in the UK last week.

Sega's PS4 exclusive debuted at No.3, behind the usual boxed chart toppers Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (No.2) and FIFA 20 (No.1).

It's one of four new releases in the charts this week, the other being Media Molecule's Dreams at No.8 (also a PS4 exclusive).
Dreams was made available in Beta in April 2019 and received its full release last week, complete with a physical version. As a result, the game will likely have performed stronger as a download.

Here is the GfK Top Ten for the week ending February 15th

Last WeekThis WeekTitle
11FIFA 20
22Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
New Entry3Yakuza Remastered Collection
64Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
35Grand Theft Auto V
56Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
77Minecraft
New Entry8Dreams
99Luigi's Mansion 3
1010NBA 2K20

Source: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...s4-exclusives-yakuza-and-dreams-crack-top-ten

Saber

Gold Member
Yakuza Remastered eh? Nice going.

I don't remember how well the new Yakuza sold though.

Enjay

Banned
GTA V is still a beast despite it feeling like everyone on the planet should have a copy by now. lol dreams

Pallas

Good to see Yakuza charting in the UK and what do you know.. GTAV lol I saw someone(a teenager and his mom) purchase GTAV today at Walmart for the PS4, and a controller. Sheesh hard to believe that game IS STILL selling.

MM2(same type of game) was released on Friday in much smaller userbase(Switch) but managed to open at ~40k.

Really sad result for Dreams 😔😞

Sad result for Dreams and suddenly, you, an Xbox fan care about PS4 game. LOL
MM2 wasn't in Early Access for 30$ or 25£ like Dreams was for almost a year. Use some damn logic and read this quote again :

Also, one thing to keep in mind is that Dreams has been on sale for a year via Early Access

Bunch of people bought this game digitally. When Kakarot with 7000 units managed to be at No.1 place across 3 platforms , no one said that this is a sad result. LOL.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

I'm glad for Yakuza since it's "only" a remastered trilogy plenty of people might already have for the PS3.

mcjmetroid

Fifa ffs. UK gamers have to be the most pig ignorant shower on the planet.
There are people out there that only buy FIFA every year and that's it. Nothing wrong with that I suppose. We'd hope for better but some.people just don't have the time or care.

That can’t be right, exclusives are all that matter. Every other games doesn’t count.
To put into perspective in the US.

By the end of 2016, sold through number of PS4 was 17.66M.
From 2013 to 2016, only one time PS4 1st party title managed to chart on yearly best seller chart.

By the end of 2019, sold through number of NSW was 17M.
From 2017 to 2019, 14 times 1st party titles managed to chart on yearly best seller chart.

What's more impressive, Nintendo software didn't include digital sales.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Naaah, it failed. Maybe few thounsands copies
It's one market, I think it's a reasonably good debut considering it's not a brand new series entry or not even a remake. It's really aimed only at the big fans of the series and it came out months after digital releases of Yakuza 3 and Yakuza 4 Remastered so it's only for the people interested in a retail release.

Last edited:
To put into perspective in the US.

By the end of 2016, sold through number of PS4 was 17.66M.
From 2013 to 2016, only one time PS4 1st party title managed to chart on yearly best seller chart.

By the end of 2019, sold through number of NSW was 17M.
From 2017 to 2019, 14 times 1st party titles managed to chart on yearly best seller chart.

What's more impressive, Nintendo software didn't include digital sales.

So, how's Xbox compared to these two?

mejin

Yakuza debuted on nintendo platform and failed hard. And on Xbox it is only coming cause MS is paying.

Anyway, can't wait for Like a Dragon.

Humdinger

I don't remember Yakuza 0 or the two Kiwamis charting that high, so #3 sounds good. I didn't even realize they were releasing a remastered set of 3, 4, and 5. I grew a little tired of Yakuza after Kiwami 2, so I doubt I'll complete it. I enjoyed the story, but I'm not much for fighter-brawlers.

Top Bottom