• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK GAF PS5 & Xbox Pre-order Watch

Njocky

Banned
Yeah, F an additional controller. I have preordered a disc version from Amazon but still hunting for a DE as I will play very few games on this. Only the exclusives.

DonJorginho

Banned
Ah cheers mate that's very kind of you.
It's fine man, let me know nearer launch if you still need one and as long as neither are cancelled (Smyths/Amazon) you can have it, they are both Digital Editions btw I should disclose that, but if anyone else wants a Digital if you don't feel free to PM me!

Malachai

It's fine man, let me know nearer launch if you still need one and as long as neither are cancelled (Smyths/Amazon) you can have it, they are both Digital Editions btw I should disclose that, but if anyone else wants a Digital if you don't feel free to PM me!
Ah was after the disc version cos I've got quite a few physical's on the PS4. Thanks anyway mate :)

Rolla

Banned
PS5 Disc version Preorder secured via Very!

But here's what I find absolutely astonishing. I started queuing at Currys just before 8am. And even at that point my place in line was 22K+ And this is just one retailer lol

2RdQX6Z.jpg

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Managed it through Very.co.uk (UHD Blu-Ray edition)... bit miffed that they charge £3.99 for shipping where most retailers offer free shipping for expensive items, oh well :).

I have a PS5 DE secured, and am pleased to see the scalpers on eBay don't make much on these. After the fees, it's barely worth the effort. Serves the scum right.

ksdixon

I had a really weird time with preordering mine from Very.

PS5 disk and PS5 digital I got from Very app, when website wasn't showing any search results.

XBSX my friend had a direct URL link on the website. Nothing was showing on the search results in the app, and he happened to check it as we were talking. He told me there was a console only SKU om the direct URL that wasn't showing up on the app. This was the day after preorders opened, and it was sold out. He threw me the link and I got it. I must have gotten someone's cancelled preorder, because once i got it, the website link showed souled out again. It was so ironic.

Rolla

Banned
Managed it through Very.co.uk (UHD Blu-Ray edition)... bit miffed that they charge £3.99 for shipping where most retailers offer free shipping for expensive items, oh well :).

Very small price to pay considering that by November the UK will be deep into the second wave of covid.

Zeus7

Managed to get PS5's for myself and two of my friends on Game earlier before any of the queues/crashes. Looks like anyone trying to get one just now from the website has very little chance unfortunately!

Got a Digital Edition on Amazon for myself and a disc edition on Smyths for the other half.

XSX and PS5 secured!

... now I need a new F5 key.

Nice!

£3.99? You'll make that back. Just don't buy takeout this week. Problem solved!

I have a PS5 DE secured, and am pleased to see the scalpers on eBay don't make much on these. After the fees, it's barely worth the effort. Serves the scum right.

They'll be selling at retail soon.

DonJorginho

Banned
Well what do you know, after about half an hour of battling with the shitty website I've managed to secure a disc version at Smyths for click and collect. Anyone having trouble just keep hitting that refresh button 🙂
Well done man! SoggyBiscuit SoggyBiscuit My Disc from ShopTo (if I get stock allocation) and Digital from whatever one arrives later (and doesn't get cancelled) are available to you!

DonJorginho

Banned
Thanks mate, my other half said she'd get one for Christmas so I'll see if she had any luck. Your offer is most generous. I'll hit you up once we learn of our fate...
It's all good man, luckily all my preorders are the retailers who don't charge till dispatch so it will just be the case of me allowing you on my account to sort out your payment details/delivery address.

The biggest chance is one of the Digital's being available if you are into being conned by Sony like I am haha, but if you aren't interested feel free to let anyone know who is.

It's all good man, luckily all my preorders are the retailers who don't charge till dispatch so it will just be the case of me allowing you on my account to sort out your payment details/delivery address.

The biggest chance is one of the Digital's being available if you are into being conned by Sony like I am haha, but if you aren't interested feel free to let anyone know who is.
Thanks man, really appreciate that. I'll PM you later if we didn't manage to procure one.

I'm with you on the digital front, love being a sucker!

DonJorginho

Banned
Thanks man, really appreciate that. I'll PM you later if we didn't manage to procure one.

I'm with you on the digital front, love being a sucker!
Sounds good to me man, yeah if you or your Mrs aren't able to get one just let me know and I will keep you updated nearer launch then I can give you whichever account the pre-order is one (fingers crossed neither get cancelled!)

I also have registered interest for a Digital PS5 on shopto on a separate account so a 50% chance you bag one!

And I just love Digital mate, takes so much stress out and my internet is more than capable of downloading heavy titles so I don't need that disc desperately. Also store credit is cheap as chips on ShopTo, and who would turn down a £90 discount compared to the disc version!

Last edited:
Sounds good to me man, yeah if you or your Mrs aren't able to get one just let me know and I will keep you updated nearer launch then I can give you whichever account the pre-order is one (fingers crossed neither get cancelled!)

I also have registered interest for a Digital PS5 on shopto on a separate account so a 50% chance you bag one!

And I just love Digital mate, takes so much stress out and my internet is more than capable of downloading heavy titles so I don't need that disc desperately. Also store credit is cheap as chips on ShopTo, and who would turn down a £90 discount compared to the disc version!

Every digital PS4 game I have was bought in a sale. I find it amusing when people think digital means high prices.

Top Bottom