• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK GAF PS5 & Xbox Pre-order Watch

Kuranghi

I'm still in the Game queue for someone else, but its not changed from "over an hour" since the start even though the bar has progressed nearly 45%

edit - mine says sold out now, I closed it

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
Heads up, sackboy, and probably others, default to the ps4 versions. Press options and choose version before you have to play like a peasant.

Wondered why it took so long to download and install.
Thankfully you can delete the PS4 version in the storage section in settings, however if you use a PS4 disc then everytime you play it will attempt to redownload Sackboy on PS4.

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
Fucking hell what a rollercoaster.

Amazon tracking says its one stop away. I check the tracker and can see it's near by.

Check the tracker again 10 mins later and it looks like the fucker is heading around the M25 in the wrong direction! lol

Turns out my Amazon driver now needs to make 'a few more deliveries on the way to your address'.

Mines arrived. Played a bit of Astro and now just waiting on Demon Souls to install. All good so far thankfully.

Amazon were meant to deliver at 12.00pm but it ended up getting here at 1.30pm lol. Don't fret if your still waiting from Amazon. Amazon delays are common.

Last edited:

Dibils2k

havent seen anything change from amazon (in tracking) since requesting address change, still says arriving tomorrow so hopefully it will just go to "Out for Delivery" ASAP tomorrow

NeonDelta

got an email from Currys saying my PS5 order will be delivered by 15th December. ordered at 7.57am.

now do i cancel Very or wait just in case.

got an email from Currys saying my PS5 order will be delivered by 15th December. ordered at 7.57am.

now do i cancel Very or wait just in case.

Just got the same email - arriving BY the 15th December... so could arrive before.

I'm keeping both open - can cancel VERY a lot easier than cancelling Currys as you have to call them or go on a live chat.

NeonDelta

Just got the same email - arriving BY the 15th December... so could arrive before.

I'm keeping both open - can cancel VERY a lot easier than cancelling Currys as you have to call them or go on a live chat.
yea that's what im thinking. Very has a cancel button. if both end up being dispatched then i'll either return one or should be able to sell on facebook easy at £450.

Orta

Banned
Just found this on r/ps5, unique set up to say the least!

lzs09zmub7061.jpg

lz1rxfqub7061.jpg

That can't be real, shirley?

Resenge

Setting up at the moment.

Got to be honest, it looks fucking awful.
I have to agree, I was getting used to the design online but now I have it in my hands It does not fit with my setup at all. I always lay my consoles flat, I dislike having them stood up but the PS5 looks terrible laid flat with my setup. I think I am going to have to buy a new unit just to make it look better.

This is not my setup but this guy has the perfect TV unit for a PS5.
qkwj5uo497061.jpg

Last edited:
I'd be very surprised if anyone will get free stock now - VERY is saying delivery by December 17th. Curry's is saying delivery by December 15th. Game is also now into December.

Amazon MAY get some odd ones popping in and out of stock...

KAL2006

Banned
So any UK Gaffers have had any of the early issues that the US guys have had such as coil whine, freezing, crashing and etc

klosos

So any UK Gaffers have had any of the early issues that the US guys have had such as coil whine, freezing, crashing and etc

None so far mate, the only noise I have heard is from the disk drive apart from that occasionally it's dead silent

The only thing my 2 buddies said, was that they were disappointed in Sony for not including a charging cable for the controller. You need to use a USB-C to USB cable to pair the controller to the PS5... and as there wasn't one in the box, they couldn't do it.

Kuranghi

I don't have mine yet but my mum did emit a loud whining noise when I told her I was going to buy a PS5.

I just don't get it still, imagine you turned 30 and said "Well I'm not gonna play tennis again because its too childish" lol

I have to agree, I was getting used to the design online but now I have it in my hands It does not fit with my setup at all. I always lay my consoles flat, I dislike having them stood up but the PS5 looks terrible laid flat with my setup. I think I am going to have to buy a new unit just to make it look better.

qkwj5uo497061.jpg

That's a terrible placement for the sound bar! Rest looks clean and nice!

Chittagong

Gold Member
The only thing my 2 buddies said, was that they were disappointed in Sony for not including a charging cable for the controller. You need to use a USB-C to USB cable to pair the controller to the PS5... and as there wasn't one in the box, they couldn't do it.

It is in the box actually, but it is in a weird and unintuitive place. Almost threw my box out with it

Ogbert

qkwj5uo497061.jpg

Playing Demon Souls now and all is forgiven. It is glorious.

But no one is convincing me that the design is not awful. I hate the plates too; feel tacky.

Kuranghi

That was just in the dualsense standalone, I believe usb-c is in the box of the console.

Last edited:

chigstoke

There is definitely one in the box, same compartment as the HDMI cable is in. Unless you mean the controllers separately, in which I can’t help with that one.

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
Had an issue where the picture didnt come on at first. Was a tense 10 minutes lol.

Just in logging in process and it keeps asking me to create a new online ID even though I'm selecting my email tied to my main account? Anyone had that issue.

Resenge

There is definitely one in the box, same compartment as the HDMI cable is in. Unless you mean the controllers separately, in which I can’t help with that one.
Can confirm, what did your buddies do with the one that comes with the console or was it missing?

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.

But there is one in the box. Very strange.

Last edited:

chigstoke

Both said it was missing - he said "It should be in the top section, there is a fold over box section".

One came from Amazon, the other Very.
That's very odd. I wouldn't imagine them completely forgetting to pack it in at the factory, and it would be a bizarre thing for a courier staff member to steal beforehand! They are defo in the box though mate. Unless it's fell out somewhere for them both? God knows.

Not sure what else to suggest other than for them to contact where they ordered from and request replacement USB-C to A cables free of charge if they are genuinely missing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom