• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK: Miles Morales sales 264% compared to last week, Demon's Souls 401% thanks to new batch of PS5, 3D World + Bowser's Fury 180% bigger than Wii U

Are Nintendo fans really trying to shut down people pointing out that the respective sales of a company's games are impacted by the available stock of consoles?

...oh, silly me, they were insisting this was proof Sony was magically dead two weeks ago, why am I surprised?

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
81K-jC9nu3L._SL1500_.jpg

god_of_war_3_remastered-2736497.jpg

133784035.jpeg

uncharted_the_nathan_drake_collection-3107321.jpg

63971a_1543c6a3a48348fab8fc5a156d5585c9~mv2_d_1539_1902_s_2.jpg

71Us5ZUtyDL._SL1000_.jpg

parappa_the_rapper_remastered__ps4__my_box_art_by_gawain_hale-daxuh1g.png

c26b2e59c560a6b19f56321b243997f4.jpg

jak_and_daxter_collection_ii_ps4_remastered_hd_by_9029561-damhnax.png

ps4-medievil-box.jpg

Still better that no retro, 60 $ scam porting. Try again.
lol Nintendo only releases old games
Don’t lie. I can sense the fanboy within.

Don't understand. Nintendo bring out the same game as on the WiiU with some shitty add-on mode and it sells like hot cakes. They continually do this aswell.
The Wii U clearly held back what were really well made games. Releasing them on Switch is allowing them to reach an audience that just wasn’t possible on Wii U.

The Switch is a monster and the hybrid nature is appealing to a wide demographic which is fueling software sales beyond what was even possible on past successful Nintendo platforms. Nintendo has a blueprint for a lot of future success by simply building on the Switch’s hybrid nature. It really is a game changer for the mainstream audience and core gamers as well.

sainraja

don't leave out the Xbox fanboys :messenger_tongue:

frankly they all suck but the ones with a persecution complex are the worst (all sides have ones like that, the people that get upset if you dare say anything critical about their favorite plastic box/the company that makes it)
I think he left Xbox fanboys out because he identifies with them, perhaps? lol
PS players also buy digital...
I suppose he thought digital only exists on the Xbox.

^^^ All joking aside, all this sales comparisons will end when the generation matures and people stop giving a crap about it all. Why not start that now? ;p

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Damn fuckin’ straight.

Wii U sold less than 14 million worldwide. People need to get over the fact that it’s smart to re-release the system’s best games into a healthier ecosystem.
Kirby Rainbow Curse is another game that needs a Switch release. The Wii U version was, arguably, very flawed since you had the tablet for drawing but the main screen for viewing.

KAL2006

Banned
That's responsibility of first party studios to drive that hardware adaption. Because no one else will do it for them.
3rd parties have to remain on cross-gen to make sure profits are safe.

What is there to drive if there is no hardware available. My issue is you can release first party exclusives but if there are no PS5s available to buy then the sales potential of the first party game is limited as consoles are so far sold out regardless. Lets say they figure out the console shortage and around that time Horizon Forbidden West comes out, games like Ratchet and Returnal will be old news so they won't reach their sales potential.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Kirby Rainbow Curse is another game that needs a Switch release. The Wii U version was, arguably, very flawed since you had the tablet for drawing but the main screen for viewing.
You could also play the whole game on the tablet without even blinking an eye to the TV screen. The only problem, the game looks much much better on the TV. The tablet really didn't do its aesthetics any justice. So yeah, I'd like to see that moving over to the Switch. Controversial take, but I'd like to see Star Fox Zero on the Switch. Cut the tablet bullshit that made the game janky, focus on butter smooth gyro controls, enhance the graphics (after all the reason why the game looked so subpar was the fact they needed to render the game in 60 FPS twice because of the gamepad), add multiplayer, and call it a day. Perhaps with so many changes, a completely new game would be the better idea. I just want Star Fox with gyro controls in the end.

Woopah

You could also play the whole game on the tablet without even blinking an eye to the TV screen. The only problem, the game looks much much better on the TV. The tablet really didn't do its aesthetics any justice. So yeah, I'd like to see that moving over to the Switch. Controversial take, but I'd like to see Star Fox Zero on the Switch. Cut the tablet bullshit that made the game janky, focus on butter smooth gyro controls, enhance the graphics (after all the reason why the game looked so subpar was the fact they needed to render the game in 60 FPS twice because of the gamepad), add multiplayer, and call it a day. Perhaps with so many changes, a completely new game would be the better idea. I just want Star Fox with gyro controls in the end.
I'm really curious what comes next for Star Fox. It's one of those IP that don't have a Nintendo team dedicated to it so there's no obvious resource to do it. Maybe the Arms team could make one.

People didn't buy the Wii U because it was a terrible product. Nobody was asking for a home console with an inconvenient tablet controller.

The Switch, on the other hand, is an excellent product: a home console that can function reasonably well as a fully-fledged handheld, or in the case of the Switch Lite the best dedicated handheld console ever.
Idiots didn't buy the Wii U cuz "confusion".

Switch sold way better despite basically being a Wii U Pro.

3D World was and is an amazing game, and Bowser's Fury is just as great.

It's selling better cuz it's socially acceptable to like the Switch. People were told it's okay to like the Switch therefore they can go buy one and not feel insecure.

It was a meme the Wii U gave you aids and Switch is sexy.

Idiotic public perception is important.
You didn't need a Wii U to enjoy Mario or whatever Nintendo was releasing during that time. There was a much cheaper alternative in the 3DS where you can play Mario 3D Land instead.

Everyone that was buying the 3DS is now buying the Switch.

I'm really curious what comes next for Star Fox. It's one of those IP that don't have a Nintendo team dedicated to it so there's no obvious resource to do it. Maybe the Arms team could make one.

Based on the franchise history, it will be a reboot that showcases the current console's gimmick. You remove the joycons and the Arwing's wings come off mimicking what the joycons are doing. It will be terrible just like Zero was.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Yeah that was my main issue (as a fan of the DS version): it made sense to keep your eyes on the screen, but it looked sooooo good on the big screen. The tablet didn't do the game justice at all. Haven't played SF:Z but I think eventually most of the remaining Wii U orphans will make it over.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Based on the franchise history, it will be a reboot that showcases the current console's gimmick. You remove the joycons and the arwing's wings come off an mimic what the joycons are doing. It will be terrible just like Zero was.
Just make the controls like Splatoon. Moving with the left stick, aiming with the gyro and the right stick as an addition to that if needed. That's works perfectly fine, is fast and precise. Look at this gem for example:

Developers first made the difficulty based on the two-stick control scheme but after people from Nintendo played it they thought it was way too easy because they played it using the IR sensor of the Wii Mote. So they adjusted the difficulty as an answer.

Zero would've been decent (the game sadly has enough problems besides the jank) if they didn't try to hammer asynchronous gameplay in your face. You really need both the gamepad and the TV screen and it's just janky and confusing playing it like that. I get asynchronous gameplay in games like ZombiU, but in a fast-paced action game like Star Fox, it doesn't work.

I'd be down for another Star Fox Assault type game (basically I want Rogue Squadron with a Star Fox skin).
Most under-appreciated game in the series and the last entirely original one (sadly).

Last edited by a moderator:

nordique

Nintendo made some great games on the Wii U that went overlooked outside of core Nintendo gamers

my gf had no idea this game came out at the end of 2013 nor any idea about the Wii U
She thought the switch was the first Nintendo system since the Wii and purchased this game

Lots of people in similar situations I imagine.

agree with comments above that other first party Wii U exclusives should find their way to the switch for a new lease on life (we can forget about devils third though)

nordique

Nintendo got a wake up call. All the game design you can muster won't produce sales if consumers loathe the hardware.
Wii U was rife with UI problems and had the nonsense of a "tablet" that literally didn't work apart from the console.

agreed. I’d rather have a failed Wii U and successful Switch than a successful Wii U

for me, the switch is the superior and more focused product in every regard. Perhaps Miiverse lacking is one omission but otherwise I don’t really see anything better about the Wii U. And that’s a perhaps to Miiverse

Last edited:

MrA

Banned
agreed. I’d rather have a failed Wii U and successful Switch than a successful Wii U

for me, the switch is the superior and more focused product in every regard. Perhaps Miiverse lacking is one omission but otherwise I don’t really see anything better about the Wii U. And that’s a perhaps to Miiverse
that's true without miiverse how will we ever know which games have nice water

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
It’s an exclusive available at launch and it showcases the systems capabilities day 1. Doesn’t happen everywhere...
That really is a luxury apparently. It's not easy to get launch-day games -- let alone such a good one that showcases system capabilities -- which creates a Halo effect and makes people Infinitely sad.

Last edited:
That really is a luxury apparently. Some can't even get a launch-day game -- let alone such a good one that showcases system capabilities -- which creates a Halo effect and makes them Infinitely salty to post comments on threads like these.
At least it's a bit more effort than posting a wojak meme.

Top Bottom