• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK: Miles Morales sales 264% compared to last week, Demon's Souls 401% thanks to new batch of PS5, 3D World + Bowser's Fury 180% bigger than Wii U

With the PS5 stock issue is there any point for any developer to put resources on a next gen game. I understand cross gen games is fine with the next gen version basically being a high end PC graphics setting mode. But exclusive games like Returnal and Ratchet just won't have enough users to buy those games. I think Sony are better off just delaying Ratchet and Clank until the PS5 is readily available to buy for everyone. I doubt they will be able to do that by June when Ratchet and Clank releases.

For the record, PS4 had stock issues till July 2014 IIRC. Also, InFamous came out in early 2014 and sold over 1 mil. in few days. I think both Returnal and Ratchet will do fine regarding install base.

DeS is a borderline bomba, it seems. Maybe it has long legs.

Looks like it's selling well, at least at retailers in UK. Also, there are monthly charts for PS Store ( NA/PAL region) and Demon's is pretty high on charts since PS5 launch. So, don't worry about Demons

Guilty_AI

It could use a systems overhaul, too. I would love to see it late in the Switch's life so that the whole franchise can be played on one system.
Game also looks reeeeeally good at higher resolutions. Its a crime having to play it at 720p on the wiiU.

DYhN7Hq.jpg

vsicbj2.jpg

ethomaz

Banned
Looks like it's selling well, at least at retailers in UK. Also, there are monthly charts for PS Store ( NA/PAL region) and Demon's is pretty high on charts since PS5 launch. So, don't worry about Demons

All evidences until now shows it selling pretty well but let’s the bomba narrative continue lol

Because you know Nintendo fans needs something to doom.

Last edited:

What's up with MK11 breaking the top 10??

It's a remake of a niche game and it's stil charting high on PSN at $70

I think it's doing fine for what it is.
Charts are extremely front-loaded (#1 usually outsells say #5 something like 4 or 5 to 1), so DeS charting at #8 isn't exactly great.

I guess it depends on your expectations. I just thought a AAA PS5 Sony exclusive would do better.

MrA

Banned
Nintendo got a wake up call. All the game design you can muster won't produce sales if consumers loathe the hardware.
Wii U was rife with UI problems and had the nonsense of a "tablet" that literally didn't work apart from the console.
that tablet is so obnoxious, I couldn't wait to replay wind waker, then no no no, you have to use the tablet, no wii classic controller for you. the only game I think benefitted from it was zombiU

I wouldn't put Demon's Souls in the AAA category
I think people are making hay over nothing with regard to Demon's Souls. We know more or less exactly how well it will sell: as well as Souls games usually sell on PlayStation. This is a series that sells primarily to its loyal fanbase, not the general public. Every Souls fan who owns a PS5 will buy Demon's Souls eventually.

Krisprolls

Banned
Miles is selling well but who knows how many copies sold are on PS4.

DeS is a borderline bomba, it seems. Maybe it has long legs.

A bomba is more like the Series X version of Hitman 3.

73 % of sales went to Playstation consoles versions. Xbox One + XSX +XSS versions accounted for only 27 % of sold games combined. So Series X version must be a few percents of the overall sales vs 49 % of the sales for the PS5 version alone.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/202...es_exceed_hitman_2_49_percent_of_sales_on_ps5

Last edited:
Don't understand. Nintendo bring out the same game as on the WiiU with some shitty add-on mode and it sells like hot cakes. They continually do this aswell.
They were great games on a console few people owned. It's not that difficult to understand.

Kerotan

We are seeing now why ps5 games are not getting sales yet. All these new PS5 buyers want brand new games and are happy to pay full whack.

pasterpl

Don't understand. Nintendo bring out the same game as on the WiiU with some shitty add-on mode and it sells like hot cakes. They continually do this aswell.
Isn’t ps5 demon souls remake of ps3 game?
Well, if you sold 100 last week and 400 this week that's an increase of 400%. It's a completely meaningless way to contextualize data.
This.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
The game was a great game. Easily one of the best on the Wii-u. Also one of the best 3D Mario games

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Some here are sad because they thought $70 pricetag for a remake would tank like some of their favorite flops for much cheaper.

Kagey K

Banned
A bomba is more like the Series X version of Hitman 3.

73 % of sales went to Playstation consoles versions. Xbox One + XSX +XSS versions accounted for only 27 % of sold games combined. So Series X version must be a few percents of the overall sales vs 49 % of the sales for the PS5 version alone.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/202...es_exceed_hitman_2_49_percent_of_sales_on_ps5
Call me when they factor in digital.

These numbers don’t take in a near majority of the market anymore. Especially during a pandemic and a country in lockdown.

It says to me that certain fanboys are less respectful of the rules and spend thier outside time buying the wrong things.

With the PS5 stock issue is there any point for any developer to put resources on a next gen game. I understand cross gen games is fine with the next gen version basically being a high end PC graphics setting mode. But exclusive games like Returnal and Ratchet just won't have enough users to buy those games. I think Sony are better off just delaying Ratchet and Clank until the PS5 is readily available to buy for everyone. I doubt they will be able to do that by June when Ratchet and Clank releases.

That's responsibility of first party studios to drive that hardware adaption. Because no one else will do it for them.
3rd parties have to remain on cross-gen to make sure profits are safe.

That may be for some of the second batches and on. But preorders made up the majority of units out and they weren’t bundled.
Just want to find out if majority of the sales go to real customers, who buy additional games voluntarily, or scalpers, who only buy the console or games if forced.

Kagey K

Banned
Call me when they factor in digital.

These numbers don’t take in a near majority of the market anymore. Especially during a pandemic and a country in lockdown.

It says to me that certain fanboys are less respectful of the rules and spend thier outside time buying the wrong things.
I love you Krisprolls Krisprolls .

Your triggered reactions tell me I’m on point. Don’t stop kiddo

The proof is in the pudding.

Last edited:

H-I-M

I can't wait for them to run out of Wii U games to port.

Top Bottom