• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK New 3DS Ambassadors - Free Skull Kid Figure

Rich!

Damn, wish they'd do this for Australia. I mean, I got a new 3DS last year lol, how's that for being an ambassador?

Haha well I live in the UK and I got my New XL last November too! I'm like, a super ambassador in terms of Nintendo UK

If anyone isn't going to use their club Nintendo code from Majora's Mask i'd love to grab one for my Son so he can get the Skull Kid figure i'd really appreciate it.

Rich!

If anyone isn't going to use their club Nintendo code from Majora's Mask i'd love to grab one for my Son so he can get the Skull Kid figure i'd really appreciate it.

Buy the game from the game collection for £29. Take the code out. Trade it in to CEX for £25 cash.

That's an option

LAA

Awesome! Would love a skull kid figure, but already have a new 3DS XL. Just sucks the only way to get it officially is with the 3DS. I'd buy the LE if it would give me statue.

Jackano

Will this happen for France too? We have the Skullkid figure for pre-orders at Micromania IIRC. I doubt this will happen outside UK, at least, maybe on a country per country basis.

They must have received complaints from ambassadors about having to buy a second N3DS is as many months for a stupid figurine and instead of making the figurine available for general purchase gimmick done instead.

Damn exclusive 3DS models AND free figurines? Your move, NoA
Exclusive modes only obtainable by invite determined by raffle you mean?

Europe is killing it. Damn.
By only offering this to people in the UK who won the Ambassador raffle that they are won't admit was a raffle and just say "loyal customers" making people like me feel like worthless dogshit (I don't care for the figure the figure and wouldn't have ordered the N3DS but to not even be given the choice...). UK/=/Europe.

NoA: Pay 10 bucks extra and sit at your computer 24/7 waiting for random 30 minute periods in which the figure is available.

NoE: Have it for free with many options available and no stock issues. No stock issues and for free? The only way to get it for free is to have an Ambassador New 3DS which you could only get by invite and MM3D. Otherwise you have to buy a N3DS bundle with MM3D from the Nintendo UK store which is way more expensive than many other retailers. Oh yeah thats not even getting to the matter of UK/=/Europe...

Fuck NoA.
Read bolded. Fuck everyone :)

Rich!

Wait, hang on

Am I eligible for this too? I have a PAL New Nintendo 3DS XL I got last November. Its an Australian import, but its an EU model, set to the UK and I've accessed and bought stuff from the UK eshop with it with my UK NNID. And that eshop is linked to my club Nintendo account.

Also, I'm buying Majoras mask next week.

There's no club Nintendo codes with the N3DS, so how would they know I have one?

Crayolan

Read bolded. Fuck everyone :)

OP says you can also get it just by registering MM 3D on Club Nintendo. So MSRP for the game and figure as opposed to MSRP+$10. I suppose it's still to be seen if there are stock issues but so far this sounds a lot better than how the US had it.

Mob

Wait, hang on

Am I eligible for this too? I have a PAL New Nintendo 3DS XL I got last November. Its an Australian import, but its an EU model, set to the UK and I've accessed and bought stuff from the UK eshop with it with my UK NNID. And that eshop is linked to my club Nintendo account.

There's no club Nintendo codes with the N3DS, so how would they know I have one?

The console has to be bought via the UK Nintendo store, the game can be bought anywhere and registered on Club Nintendo.

rebonack

Wait, hang on

Based on the email in the OP, I think the system needs to be bought from the Official Nintendo UK Store, even if the game can come from elsewhere. That's how I'm reading it, anyway.

OP says you can also get it just by registering MM 3D on Club Nintendo. So MSRP for the game and figure as opposed to MSRP+$10. I suppose it's still to be seen if there are stock issues but so far this sounds a lot better than how the US had it.

That email was sent to owners of the ambassador New 3DS though, that's why they only need to register MM3D -- because they already bought a New 3DS from the Nintendo UK Store.

Rich!

The console has to be bought via the UK Nintendo store, the game can be bought anywhere and registered on Club Nintendo.

Based on the email in the OP, I think the system needs to be bought from the Official Nintendo UK Store, even if the game can come from elsewhere. That's how I'm reading it, anyway.

Ah bollocks. Ah well.

I'm not fussed, having the console three months early was more than worth it.

LAA

Wait, hang on

Hmm good point. I did get a survey a while ago about the new 3DS. So Nintendo obviously know I have one despite not getting the ambassador 3DS. From the looks of it though, it does seem this is a thing only for ambassador 3DS owners (I have the ambassador certificate though...:( )
I'm gonna say I doubt we'll be accepted though.

bms2993

Banned
Well, I tried making a relevant gif. Tried.
giphy.gif

TheMoon

Hmm good point. I did get a survey a while ago about the new 3DS. So Nintendo obviously know I have one despite not getting the ambassador 3DS. From the looks of it though, it does seem this is a thing only for ambassador 3DS owners (I have the ambassador certificate though...:( )
I'm gonna say I doubt we'll be accepted though.

This is for people who bought from the Nintendo UK store only. The NUK store handled the UK New 3DS Ambassador orders.

Crayolan

That email was sent to owners of the ambassador New 3DS though, that's why they only need to register MM3D -- because they already bought a New 3DS from the Nintendo UK Store.

Oh, never mind then. Still hoops to jump through then I suppose.

RiggyRob

The last part about being able to get it by registering Majora's Mask 3D is brilliant, that really is a good idea.

Anyone else think getting physical rewards by registering games on the Club Nintendo successor program will be a trend like with this and the soundtrack CDs with Smash Bros?

bms2993

Banned
Haha but man

Why would shibata be unleashing salt? The people giving salt are the American fans.

Wasn't really sure about who should be driving. I'm sure I'll get better at gifs as time goes on. This won't be the last one and I intend to do more. Just.. don't expect sunhilegend gifs lol I'm not worthy!

Also, yeah, it should be Americans bringing the salt. Aw well what are ya going to do? :p

Rich!

The last part about being able to get it by registering Majora's Mask 3D is brilliant, that really is a good idea.

Anyone else think getting physical rewards by registering games on the Club Nintendo successor program will be a trend like with this and the soundtrack CDs with Smash Bros?

I would actually prefer a system that, whilst having those rewards for certain games, is more like the Digital Promotion that just ended for the Wii U. Like a loyalty programme that lets you spend your points on further games. It will be digital only restricted in that case though, so hm.

Rich!

I really want this figure but won't buy a n3DS for it. :(

:(

The New Nintendo 3DS is without a doubt the best Nintendo handheld I have ever owned since I got a Game Boy in 1994. 3D is stunning, build quality is fantastic.

Uppppgrrraaade!

SuperSah

Banned
The New Nintendo 3DS is without a doubt the best Nintendo handheld I have ever owned since I got a Game Boy in 1994. 3D is stunning, build quality is fantastic.

Uppppgrrraaade!

I have no reason to, I don't really play 3DS much other than for Smash, so it's kind of worthless.

bms2993

Banned

Uppppgrrraaade!

I disagree. I own a new Nintendo 3DS and if you already have a current 3DS, then why bother? Only marginally better with just a few extra buttons and improved 3D. Not a big deal and all your old games will work just fine. Don't bother unless you just really want the latest and greatest. Think of it like an incremental iPhone upgrade.

Sane_Man

I'm a bit confused by this. I've ordered the 3DS XL Majora's Mask console and bundle from Amazon. Does that mean I qualify? Or only if I bought the special early release of the new 3DS from Nintendo?

Lucreto

So let me get this straight.

I ordered the MM CE from the UK Nintendo store.

I then ordered the MM New 3DSXL from Gamestop.ie which has the game downloaded on the machine already.

Will I get 2 statues if I register?

TheMoon

So let me get this straight.

I ordered the MM CE from the UK Nintendo store.

I then ordered the MM New 3DSXL from Gamestop.ie which has the game downloaded on the machine already.

Will I get 2 statues if I register?

Read the post above yours.

Lucreto

Read the post above yours.
If you have pre-ordered the game from another retailer

If you have already pre-ordered The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D from another retailer you can still qualify for this promotion. To do so, simply register your game on Club Nintendo by Saturday 28th February 2015.

We will dispatch your Skull Kid figurine once we have confirmation via Club Nintendo.

It doesn't say anything about ordering from Gamestop. Club Nintendo Ireland and UK are the same so it should work.

Zafir

It doesn't say anything about ordering from Gamestop. Club Nintendo Ireland and UK are the same so it should work.

Only if you bought a Ambassador's 3DS I think? As I understand it, it's exclusive to New 3DS handhelds sold by the UK's Nintendo Store.

TheMoon

You didn't read the post then. This is for people who bought an Ambassador New 3DS through the Nintendo UK store.

misterck

Half those ambassador consoles got sold on eBay etc for profit, saw someone trying to get £400 for one the other day.

mr_lakitu

Neo Member
Can I ask a stupid question please. I have the ambassador edition new 3DS but it didn't come with a product registration pamphlet thing for points and doesn't appear under my registered products list. I assume they know I have it through being linked up to the Nintendo ID and that it came from them directly while logged in to my account? I didn't get the email about the Skull Kid but then again I didn't get it about the ambassador edition either.

I have the limited edition of LoZ MM 3D coming directly from the Nintendo store so I guess I'll find out next week if I get it or not.

Top Bottom