• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK New 3DS Ambassadors - Free Skull Kid Figure

Boogybro

i415XveqkT9Qw.gif

TheMoon

Can I ask a stupid question please. I have the ambassador edition new 3DS but it didn't come with a product registration pamphlet thing for points and doesn't appear under my registered products list. I assume they know I have it through being linked up to the Nintendo ID and that it came from them directly while logged in to my account? I didn't get the email about the Skull Kid but then again I didn't get it about the ambassador edition either.

I have the limited edition of LoZ MM 3D coming directly from the Nintendo store so I guess I'll find out next week if I get it or not.

Club Nintendo for hardware is dead already on top of being dead soon altogether. They know because you bought it from the NUK store.

I cancelled my Amazon preorder and preordered it from the Nintendo UK store to get this as i bought an ambassador edition new 3ds.

seems stupid not to really.

It's really cool Ninty went to the effort of doing this for people who ambassador edition and not just the special Majoras mask XL.

Sakujou

Banned
fuck, why is this uk only???? what is wrong these days in europe?

euro is going down, now the island people getting an extra treat(you folks already have the best prices for games)

TheMoon

I cancelled my Amazon preorder and preordered it from the Nintendo UK store to get this as i bought an ambassador edition new 3ds.

seems stupid not to really.

It's really cool Ninty went to the effort of doing this for people who ambassador edition and not just the special Majoras mask XL.

It doesn't matter where you buy the game from. It just matters that you bought an Ambassador N3DS in the UK. Which you did through the NUK store. Hence why this is for Ambassadors only. Where you buy the game is completely irrelevant. You could even buy it from France or whatever. Just needs to be registered on Club Nintendo before the promotion ends.

It doesn't matter where you buy the game from. It just matters that you bought an Ambassador N3DS in the UK. Which you did through the NUK store. Hence why this is for Ambassadors only. Where you buy the game is completely irrelevant. You could even buy it from France or whatever. Just needs to be registered on Club Nintendo before the promotion ends.

yeah i saw that, but figured i would cut down one step and cancell on Amazon and just get it straight from them.

TheMoon

So the UK.. where Nintendo does badly gets special treatment but other EU countries where they do somewhat better don't get it.
Great. Just great.

Yup. Pretty much.

Btw hilarious that we still get people coming in here saying Europe got it better even with the updated thread title clarifying it's UK-only.

Molemitts

Fuck sakes, I don't want to buy a New 3DS just to get this dumb figure. I just want the fucking figure. At least let me pay for it, if you're not doing a special edition.

:c

TheMoon

Fuck sakes, I don't want to buy a New 3DS just to get this dumb figure. I just want the fucking figure. At least let me pay for it, if you're not doing a special edition.

:c

If you don't have an Ambassador already, you're not getting one anyway.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If you don't have an Ambassador already, you're not getting one anyway.
Er... You can buy an N3DS from Nintendo now and get one.

But yeah, would have been nice to be able to get the figurine without buying new hardware, an area where NoA's solution was better despite what the yanks insist on saying.

OMG Aero

Are they sending these emails out in waves or something?
I'm in the UK and bought an ambassador New 3DS but haven't had this email.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Are they sending these emails out in waves or something?
I'm in the UK and bought an ambassador New 3DS but haven't had this email.
No idea, but the email doesn't say anything about needing the email to be applicable so I'm sure you'll still get a statue.

Hey Nintendo,

how about you make it possible to order from the european mainland and even SHIP these orders there?
I mean ... every little onlineshop in the UK seems to be able to do so ... the UK is in the european single market after all, so you don't even have to worry about customs and sh*t like that.

That way, everyone (at least in europe) would be able to enjoy these deals.

The biggest irony is that the main offices of NoE are in germany, yet i can't order stuff in their shop from germany? Yeah, sounds like a good idea.

Didn't get an invite for the ambassador unit (got one from a friend), didn't get the Monster Hunter 4 Demo Code (got one from Mendrox here, thanks again!), can't order from the onlineshop and thus missing some nice deals and/or special editions ... for me, while NoE makes good decisions on games and limited stuff ... they still are run by buffoons with no common sense!

JoeM86

Thing that worries me is the Nintendo UK Store account and my Club Nintendo are on different e-mails, and I got the e-mail saying it. Only hope it registers that I'm on a N3DS on their system when I register MM.

weekev

Banned
I love that i dont need to buy the game on the nintendo store and they are still giving it to me. Already had it on preorder. Thank you Shibata.

Highwind

To the people that got emails: were you included in the second wave of ambassador emails?

I was, bought the system and did some questionnaires but I haven't gotten an email about this promotion yet. :(

Hey Nintendo,

how about you make it possible to order from the european mainland and even SHIP these orders there?
I mean ... every little onlineshop in the UK seems to be able to do so ... the UK is in the european single market after all, so you don't even have to worry about customs and sh*t like that.

That way, everyone (at least in europe) would be able to enjoy these deals.

The biggest irony is that the main offices of NoE are in germany, yet i can't order stuff in their shop from germany? Yeah, sounds like a good idea.

Didn't get an invite for the ambassador unit (got one from a friend), didn't get the Monster Hunter 4 Demo Code (got one from Mendrox here, thanks again!), can't order from the onlineshop and thus missing some nice deals and/or special editions ... for me, while NoE makes good decisions on games and limited stuff ... they still are run by buffoons with no common sense!

Yeah. Why not have one big online store for most of Europe?

kubus

I'm hoping that I'll be able to receive the statue but I haven't received any email telling me of this offer even though I got the ambassador edition 3ds. Come on Nintendo give me something for those 37985 stars.
Same :(. I'm constantly checking my inbox but I don't know, something tells me this isn't going to happen outside the UK.

Same :(. I'm constantly checking my inbox but I don't know, something tells me this isn't going to happen outside the UK.

Yep I should of stayed in Scotland rather than returning to Ireland. But who knows maybe Nintendo will pull their thumb out of their ass and send me a email.

Just noticed the email, however while I did order the Ambassador edition, I shorty after decided to cancel it but it seems im still able to get the statue.

Also like how I dont have to buy the game from the nintendo store, had my eye on MM3D for £29.95 at TGC

Shiina

I was considering getting a N3DS for MH4 but I want something with a high resell value so I could sell it after I'm satisfied with the game. Shame I can't find any of the LEs anywhere anymore.

jimi_dini

Hey Nintendo,

What's funny is that their shop is managed by thehut group.
Which is also zavvi.

And zavvi ships EVERYWHERE. Why the fuck doesn't Nintendo tell them to ship everywhere - I mean at least whole Europe.

NoE is even located in Germany. The whole thing makes no sense whatsoever.

Debs

Just cancelled my Game pre-order bundle so I can get this, for £8 more I'd rather have an official charger and the free skull kid figurine. I've never ordered from the UK Nintendo Store before, do their pre-orders normally arrive on release day?

Debs

It's not for Ambassadors only, if you buy a bundle from the Nintendo store you get the figure free: http://store.nintendo.co.uk/nintend...as-mask-3d.list?autocomplete=searchsuggestion

Mob

Just cancelled my Game pre-order bundle so I can get this, for £8 more I'd rather have an official charger and the free skull kid figurine. I've never ordered from the UK Nintendo Store before, do their pre-orders normally arrive on release day?

Everything I've preordered from them so far has arrived on release day or earlier.

I got my Bayonetta games 2 or 3? days before the release date, was amazed.

ktroopa

To the people that got emails: were you included in the second wave of ambassador emails?

I was, bought the system and did some questionnaires but I haven't gotten an email about this promotion yet. :(

I was in the 2nd or 3rd wave yes and my skull kid email dropped this morning, so hold tight :)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

I was in the second or maybe even third wave of invitations.

Just got off the phone with Nintendo customer support, apparently it's UK only and the rest of Europe including Ireland get the rock hard shaft up the hole as usual.

lewisgone

Sorry for the bump, but I was interested to know if anyone has received the Skull Kid figure who ordered the game from the Nintendo UK website yet. Has anyone even received a dispatch email yet? I haven't, and didn't expect to, but as the delivery isn't being treated like a regular order it's a bit unnerving not knowing if it's even registered that I should get one, let alone if it's being delivered.

Sorry for the bump, but I was interested to know if anyone has received the Skull Kid figure who ordered the game from the Nintendo UK website yet. Has anyone even received a dispatch email yet? I haven't, and didn't expect to, but as the delivery isn't being treated like a regular order it's a bit unnerving not knowing if it's even registered that I should get one, let alone if it's being delivered.

I haven't got the game or figure yet!

Top Bottom