• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK: PS4 sales triple thanks to PS4 launch

kyser73

My brother reckons his store only sold 2 on day one. 1 of those was a staff member buying one. That doesn't represent the whole country obviously, but he works for JB

EB in Toowong where I bought mine shifted over 40 on pre-order and had sold an additional 20 to walk-ins by lunch on launch day according to the manager,

Welfare

I think some people expected similar PS4 launch numbers.

Sony sold 180k PS4s in the first week (if I'm not wrong).
250k, or in other words, Pro did 16.8% of launch week. Pro was never going to get even half of the PS4 launch sales in any country.

Vetro

It's kinda of "sold out" in germany. I am still waiting for my shipment from amazon. Mediamarkt online store lists 6-7 days delivery time.

So Sony did it again, whut whut?

My brother reckons his store only sold 2 on day one. 1 of those was a staff member buying one. That doesn't represent the whole country obviously, but he works for JB
Anecdotal as well, but FWIW I tried to preorder a Pro at EB Games Broadway and they'd already sold out their entire launch shipment. They told me I'd have to wait at least two weeks to get one.

In the end I had to beg JB Hifi Broadway to put one aside for me on launch day (long enough for me to get down there before they sold it).

Yesterday Tesco was selling for £179

Xbox One 500GB Console - Matte Black
Forza Horizon 3
Gears of War 4
Rise of The Tomb Raider
Quantum Break

What is that making the Xbox One about £80?

I saw that, it's ridiculous. That's as good as deals for the PS3/360 6 years into their lifecycle. It shows that MS is fast-tracking the end of life for the XB1 as £150 is the lowest they went for the 360 after 8 years on market and they are close to that now. Scorpion is like tge start of a new gen for them.

Sales of the Pro in Australia are currently at one or better. I have one.

I have one as well, pretty sure that means that everyone in Australia has two?

It is worth noting that 9 of my friends bought the console digitally though, if that skews the numbers.

DBT85

Those are good numbers for the Pro since it covers only 4 days sales.

The original PS4 released on a Friday so how much did it sell in those 3 days?

250,000 PS4 were sold in the opening weekend, 150,000 for the Xbone.

But new consoles are always going to sell more than iterations of those consoles. Also, it had been fucking ages since the PS3 and 360 launched lol.

Don't forget these sales don't include digital so we can expect at least another 30% more than reported. Maybe 90% depending on your friend types.

Izuna

Banned
3*0=0

--

I really hope this means amazing deals for Xbone soon

Nvm, saw the Tesco deal. Gunna buy one for my nephew brb

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
DBT85 said:
But new consoles are always going to sell more than iterations of those consoles.
That isn't always true (PSP slim outsold the original launch in Japan IIRC) but the comparisons are almost always flawed because one (or both) launches are usually supply constrained as opposed to demand constrained.
Won't really know until a few months in where things fall.

Welfare

I saw that, it's ridiculous. That's as good as deals for the PS3/360 6 years into their lifecycle. It shows that MS is fast-tracking the end of life for the XB1 as £150 is the lowest they went for the 360 after 8 years on market and they are close to that now. Scorpion is like tge start of a new gen for them.
The Xbox 360 Arcade dropped to £129 as early as 2008 but then rose back up later on.

Top Bottom