• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (PS3/360 - Nov. 15) [Up: Entire Roster Leaked, Art In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really, they couldn't do anything other than what they're doing with pricing and existing DLC unless they wanted to REALLY piss people off.

A lot of people who are angry about UMvC3 existing as a disc-only "new" game will still buy it at $40. If it were $60? That'd be beyond the general "bend-over and take it, it's only $40" limit for a decent chunk of people. If I see a deal on it or haven't used my trade in credit, I might break on my "I'll buy it used or super cheap" stance... If I'm paying full price and choosing between say Uncharted 3, Skyrim, Arkham City, Battlefield 3, MW3, etc. or UMvC3, I'll probably skip it unless I'm a die hard fighting fan and loved MvC3 more than any other fighter and any other genre.

Now the DLC... Capcom's stance with fighting games, it seems, has been "buy it once, and it will keep working, but we won't give our DLC away for free in updated releases". Look at SSF4 and SSF4AE disc release. Neither of them gave you previous costume packs, which were around $4 or $5 a piece. Plus they'll probably use it as a gauge as to whether to go the NRS/MK9 route or to abandon DLC characters for the game period.

Dahbomb

MVC3 was released early to meet the Q1 earning reports for Capcom. You can't prove this as fact because you will never hear Capcom say it... but that's the truth.

In other news Event Hubs picked up my Changelog list. LOL... I wrote it mostly for GAF that's why I had the little extra information underneath it. Now people on EventHubs and SRK will see it and be like "LOL @ this character being high tier this scrub don't know anything" or whatever. A lot of the stuff about characters moving up or down was in fact just theory fighter, I am hoping people took it as such (haven't seen anyone complain about it yet so I think I am good).

In my next revision of the changelog, I might remove the discussion bit just so it doesn't get picked up by other sources. I may even remove some of the stuff that isn't confirmed like Haggar's trash can (lol).

Mit-

detail.jpg

Think I found it

EDIT: And I don't know if you saw my post earlier Dahbomb but I can in fact disconfirm the trash can. It was wishful thinking by the Skullgirls dev, my friend thinking it was fact.

DR2K

Banned
Knux-Future said:
Obviously we don't.

We are too busy taking it up the ass from those evil Capcom assholes.

No, you're justifying the ass fucking while Capcom does it to you with a wooden spoon. No eye contact either.

I'm just poking fun of the above posts.

Dahbomb

Yeah I didn't have the trash can thing in the actual changelog, just in the discussion where I say it's an unsubstantiated rumor. Going to edit that out too.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SolarPowered said:
These threads are going to become horrible now that the information is running out.

EVO can't come soon enough.
Yeah when the information well runs dry we get.. well we get these same looping arguments over and over again.

Do we know when UMvC3 will be playable? Will it be every day all weekend?

God I pray characters get announced at Evo. I wonder if they adjusted their reveal order based upon leaks. They'll still leave Phoenix Wright for the very end IMO.

Choppasmith said:
Isn't Classic Thor already in as a DLC Costume?

Anyway, it's kinda hard to tell if that Storm outfit is white, looks kinda blu-ish and thus could be this one, maybe?

zki1E.jpg

I'm looking through Marvel Wiki galleries to identify the others...
What Storm outfit is this?

So I talked to a friend of mine who was at Comic- Con and is a solid socal player (I fight against him often) who reps Dante, Trish and Wesker.

He pretty much said Trish's voltage projectiles and traps all of much faster start up. This has been known before.

But he also said something is terribly wrong with Dante. As a person who could do a lot of advance BnB's on routine, he said Dante's day 1 combo proved difficult.
In fact, the only combo that would land regularly with Dante was the day -50 combo. The magic series, into air magic series, killer bee, reverb shock, fireworks into million dollar.

If you relaunch after the killer bee, good luck landing the sky dance. It's not going to happen.

The bold cancel into volcano into air play into standing H, then launcher doesn't even land anymore.

And this guy has been using Dante since the beginning, easily matching any kind of advance youtube combo that comes out. So it kind of concerns me that all of Dante's BnB's are being dropped so easily.

Even the 'other' route, which is to launch into air juggle then prop shredder is fucked. The opponent drops faster after the prop shredder, making it much harder to land a relaunch, or even to teleport and then hammer. The hammer whiffs.

So you can't even -get- into cold shower, stinger, bold cancel, teleport, helm breaker situations.

They've cocked blocked all three primary combo starts for Dante.

What the fuck is this shit? Take one of the most interesting fighting game character with one of the most interest executions and mechanics and strip them all? On a character who wasn't even god tier to begin with. Nobody won a major tourney crutching on Dante. Even I, who spend the most time in training mode with Dante, find him to be my least effective character when I'm at various SoCal tourneys. (I use magneto, taskmaster and dante).

So, eh - fuck Dante. I'll put his superior brother in his place.

And watching the various video feeds out there, I see a lot of people dropping Dante combos. I first thought they just lacked execution ( even though they were perfect with execution with their other two characters, but hearing this from Rokos was concerning over at SRK)

EDIT: Basically, it seems to be two minor changes that is just train wrecking everything Dante does. Enemies are recovering faster out of attacks (or falling faster) - and some of his attacks longer start up. Also, his killer bee floats downward a bit, much like Wolverines dive kick - giving it less horizontal coverage.

When did Dante's killer bee become broken?

Neki

GatorBait said:
Pretty much agree with you. I have zero qualms about Capcom releasing this update during the timeframe they are at the price they are, but something really rubs me the wrong way about STILL not getting the full current character roster when we upgrade to UMvC3.

It really disappoints me that Shuma and Jill are going to be relegated to "DLC tier"...minimal presence online, probably an afterthought on balancing/tweaking with the rest of the original cast in UMvC3, and totally absent from tournaments. It'll be a real shame if Capcom ultimately decides not to include them on disc; Shuma deserves better.

don't worry, jill and shuma aren't even good, people won't be missing much.

Hootie

I dont know if this has been asked/answered in here yet but, is there going to be a turbo/turbo 2 mode added to UMvC3? I have Turbo 2 on by default in MvC2 and I couldnt believe it was taken out of MvC3.

DR2K said:
So Dante isn't as brain dead as before? Nice.

Well, considering he was the only character where players were actually implementing new strategies, and combos - in which his primary crutch was to involve a 3 frame cancel and jump cancels into his regular combos (something that essentially all the other top characters didn't have to do because their magic series retard proof combos did so much damage) - I wouldn't even say Dante was brain dead to begin with.

At least, not anymore than Taskmaster, Wolverine, She-Hulk etc. etc. who had infinitely more unimaginative combos that did more damage.

But yeah, sure - I guess now he's not as brain dead.

But then again - if landing all of Dante's more advanced combos because more of a bullshit annoyance to use offline at an actual tourney level, invariably, Dante goes back to day 1 safe combo mode. Effectively diminishing whatever combo potential Dante had the community was beginning to unravel. So, whatever potential Dante had to mix shit up gets taken away because you aren't going to risk it at a tournament. So all these changes simply promote the need to go back to being basic, back to being brain dead. They should have just nerfed Dante's damage output, his character - even from his source game inception back in 2001, is combat creativity, you don't accomplish or reinforce this by making his enemies recover out of his combos after the 4th fucking hit. Good job Capcom, geniuses they are!

Nedjoe said:
Maybe some of Dante's unused moves will be key in combos now, like that fire pillar.

-_-

The only way that attack becomes effective is if it's anti-air properties are buffed.

But beyond that, there is no way it gets used in combos. It was barely comboable in vanilla mvc3, before they nerfed Dante combo potential. So highly unlikely now.

Dahbomb

lowhighkang_LHK said:
So I talked to a friend of mine who was at Comic- Con and is a solid socal player (I fight against him often) who reps Dante, Trish and Wesker.

He pretty much said Trish's voltage projectiles and traps all of much faster start up. This has been known before.

But he also said something is terribly wrong with Dante. As a person who could do a lot of advance BnB's on routine, he said Dante's day 1 combo proved difficult.
In fact, the only combo that would land regularly with Dante was the day -50 combo. The magic series, into air magic series, killer bee, reverb shock, fireworks into million dollar.

If you relaunch after the killer bee, good luck landing the sky dance. It's not going to happen.

The bold cancel into volcano into air play into standing H, then launcher doesn't even land anymore.

And this guy has been using Dante since the beginning, easily matching any kind of advance youtube combo that comes out. So it kind of concerns me that all of Dante's BnB's are being dropped so easily.

Even the 'other' route, which is to launch into air juggle then prop shredder is fucked. The opponent drops faster after the prop shredder, making it much harder to land a relaunch, or even to teleport and then hammer. The hammer whiffs.

So you can't even -get- into cold shower, stinger, bold cancel, teleport, helm breaker situations.

They've cocked blocked all three primary combo starts for Dante.

What the fuck is this shit? Take one of the most interesting fighting game character with one of the most interest executions and mechanics and strip them all? On a character who wasn't even god tier to begin with. Nobody one a major tourney crutching on Dante. Even I, who spend the most time in training mode with Dante, find him to be my least effective character when I'm at various SoCal tourneys. (I use magneto, taskmaster and dante).

So, eh - fuck Dante. I'll put his superior brother in his place.

And watching the various video feeds out there, I see a lot of people dropping Dante combos. I first thought they just lacked execution ( even though they were perfect with execution with their other two characters, but hearing this from Rokos was concerning over at SRK)

EDIT: Basically, it seems to be two minor changes that is just train wrecking everything Dante does. Enemies are recovering faster out of attacks (or falling faster) - and some of his attacks longer start up. Also, his killer bee floats downward a bit, much like Wolverines dive kick - giving it less horizontal coverage.

When did Dante's killer bee become broken?
I saw this guy play on stream, he was pretty good and you are right the only combo of Dante that was working was Killer Bee into Reverb Shock Fireworks Million Dollars.

I know the Pop Shredder into Gun loop doesn't work as well now or it has stricter timing. That was gonna get fixed.

So I just want to ask a few things:

Does Stinger -> BC -> Volcano -> jump cancel M -> Air Play -> st.H into Launcher still work? If it works until the launcher then you can do a simpler combo which involves the Killer Bee into Devil Trigger combos. You can also do a double jump and Killer bee before landing too.

Also after a hard knockdown does Hammer or j.S into Volcano into above combo work also? This is also very important.

Yeah I noticed all this stuff too but it was very hard to confirm given that a lot of people didn't know how to play or lacked the execution so it was hard to judge. We probably need more lab time with Dante to see what got affected. My guess is that Dante's changelog is going to be massive just because he has so many ways to do long combos and if Capcom essentially attempted to nerf his long combos you can expect a long changelog.

Killer Bee having less horizontal distance is a good thing IMO, whenever I used it to come in it usually went over the opponent's head. Not really a great dive kick because of that.

I am willing to bet that for UMVC3 they nerfed Taskmaster and Zero combos too (maybe even Doom's multiple relaunch combos). Seems like Capcom doesn't want people to be doing 2 minute long combos that do over a million damage. We know that both Magneto and Dante were affected who were the kings of combo video. Next character in line is C Viper.

Nedjoe said:
Maybe some of Dante's unused moves will be key in combos now, like that fire pillar.
Firepillar is useful if you don't have an assist and you need to self-combo after an air throw with Dante. Timing is strict though and you can only get damage out of it if you have meter or X Factor. I wouldn't be surprised if they buffed this move though it was one of his most useless moves.

Like I said before, since Dante has so many moves and so many ways to combos that if Capcom attempted to nerf his comboability it's going to be a big ass changelog for him. I am feeling really queasy in the stomach right about now. :(

I guess those scrubs didn't like Dante STYLIN' on their sorry asses.

Dahbomb said:
I saw this guy play on stream, he was pretty good and you are right the only combo of Dante that was working was Killer Bee into Reverb Shock Fireworks Million Dollars.

I know the Pop Shredder into Gun loop doesn't work as well now or it has stricter timing. That was gonna get fixed.

So I just want to ask a few things:

Does Stinger -> BC -> Volcano -> jump cancel M -> Air Play -> st.H into Launcher still work? If it works until the launcher then you can do a simpler combo which involves the Killer Bee into Devil Trigger combos.

Also after a hard knockdown does Hammer or j.S into Volcano into above combo work also? This is also very important.

Yeah I noticed all this stuff too but it was very hard to confirm given that a lot of people didn't know how to play or lacked the execution so it was hard to judge. We probably need more lab time with Dante to see what got affected. My guess is that Dante's changelog is going to be massive just because he has so many ways to do long combos and if Capcom essentially attempted to nerf his long combos you can expect a long changelog.

Killer Bee having less horizontal distance is a good thing IMO, whenever I used it to come in it usually went over the opponent's head. Not really a great dive kick because of that.

I am willing to bet that for UMVC3 they nerfed Taskmaster and Zero combos too (maybe even Doom's multiple relaunch combos). Seems like Capcom doesn't want people to be doing 2 minute long combos that do over a million damage. We know that both Magneto and Dante were affected who were the kings of combo video. Next character in line is C Viper.

No, he couldn't land the Stinger - BC - Volcano - j.M - airplay - j.H - s.H - launcher. The enemy would recover and be out of range (could be one or the other or a combination of both) of the standing H.

Maybe, if you cut the fat out of some of those attacks, you could land it. But he didn't try or mention it to me.

As for post-killer bee combos, you could argue the whole point of killer bee is to get into relaunch combos. But sky dance won't connect, the enemy recovers out of it. Maybe the timing is much stricter, or it must be in the corner. I don't know. Luckily I'll be at E3, so I'll play with Dante on the demo, and post back here.

He also said the TV was laggy, that may have contributed to some of his problems. But it shouldn't to that extent. I don't play online (fuck that shit) but I've played some local house-tourneys where the TV had some lag, after a couple of matches you adjust. I don't find that being a legit excuse.

I have just always thought that Dante was the premiere target for an idealized 'top tier' - fair character.

His damaging combos required clever use, you know a mother fucker who lands multiple acid rain loops on you or does 4 bold cancels in one combo fairly, and legitly practiced his shit in the lab for weeks. But even then, Dante doesn't have a touch of death combo that was tournament viable. And even most damaging combos that took a lot of execution was all for nothing if and when Dante got hit by a Taskmaster BnB that took of 900,000 health. Which was all of Dante's health.

Again, there is a reason why nobody has won a major primarily crutching on Dante. He was never instant - win abusable character.
Dante should have received no buffs, no nerfs. But oh well. Real Talk # Nobody with tier salt at a major tourney complained about Dante. The complaints were X-factor, Wolverine, Phoenix, and maybe a few quips about Tron assist shenanigans.

Like I said, I'm switching in Vergil and Trish - magneto and dante are getting the boot.

I liked Magneto because ROM'ing on mother fuckers all day was fun. If I can't do that anymore, the character doesn't hold an interest for me. I may do Vergil, Trish and Wesker. Hmmm...

Dahbomb

No, he couldn't land the Stinger - BC - Volcano - j.M - airplay - j.H - s.H - launcher. The enemy would recover and be out of range (could be one or the other or a combination of both) of the standing H.
Then you probably have to double jump into Killer bee before doing the s.H. I don't know, too much speculation from my end here.

Gonna be a hard hit for Dante in UMVC3. He will still be very strong because he has a lot of tools to stay competitive. I wonder how hard Devil Trigger got hit because it had some really OP moves.

Dahbomb said:
MVC3 was released early to meet the Q1 earning reports for Capcom. You can't prove this as fact because you will never hear Capcom say it... but that's the truth.

In other news Event Hubs picked up my Changelog list. LOL... I wrote it mostly for GAF that's why I had the little extra information underneath it. Now people on EventHubs and SRK will see it and be like "LOL @ this character being high tier this scrub don't know anything" or whatever. A lot of the stuff about characters moving up or down was in fact just theory fighter, I am hoping people took it as such (haven't seen anyone complain about it yet so I think I am good).

In my next revision of the changelog, I might remove the discussion bit just so it doesn't get picked up by other sources. I may even remove some of the stuff that isn't confirmed like Haggar's trash can (lol).
I was honestly pretty excited by Trish's changes. I've always wanted to use her, but I found her awkward to play with. I'm thinking that I'll give her a shot again and see what happens.

Her keepaway potential with Gold pendulum must be SSS class annoying.

SolarPowered said:
I was honestly pretty excited by Trish's changes. I've always wanted to use her, but I found her awkward to play with. I'm thinking that I'll give her a shot again and see what happens.

Her keepaway potential with Gold pendulum must be SSS class annoying.

Actually Trish is slick - he was loving the changes. Her heavy projectile was coming out as fast as her medium projectile in vanilla. Her traps come out faster as well. Both as point and on assist. And her health and everything else seem to be on point.

http://www.twitch.tv/marquezsf/b/290895534

Skip to about 1 hour 10 minutes. There is a guy using Trish, Taskmaster, and Firebrand and bodies everyone for about 40 minutes.

He doesn't even seem -that- great, but Trish is just lighting the shit out of everyone. With her keepaway game improved, and her rushdown kept the same - intrestingly, with Wolverine's dive-kick nerf, Trish (along with Doom) now have the better dive kicks.

Dahbomb

It's gonna be a sad fucking day when on Team Devil May Cry... Dante is going to be the weakest link on the team. :(

Trish is basically the Fei Long of UMVC3. She was always good and a high tier character. All the top tiers getting nerfed and her getting buffed puts her pretty much either in the same level as them or possibly higher. Trish/Morrigan/Phoenix is going to be a super strong team now.

Dahbomb said:
It's gonna be a sad fucking when on Team Devil May Cry... Dante is going to be the weakest link on the team. :(

With Trish's buffs, this statement could very well be true.

I did notice however, but these are arm-chair observations watching video mind you, that Dante's cold shower does an insane amount of damage. Weird.

I also noticed that Dante's pressure game/keepaway game (i.e, super jump canceling into air dash jumping H) and chaining those over and over back to to back to keep pressure on opponents also seemed less effective.

God damn Dante got stealth nerfed.

Anyway, like I said - I'll be able to get my hands on the game and I'll be purely focusing on Dante, Wesker and Trish. So i'll have a long write-up on that.

I'm hoping that frustration on dropping a combo in a tourney has caused people to exaggerate on Dante's nerfs, but then again - you can watch the unity stream of the uMvC3 tournament again - the three top characters guilty of dropping vanilla MvC3 bnb's are Wolvering, Maggy and Dante. That just can't be a coincidence.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I'm kinda tight they stole some of Dante's swag. Aside from the -1 combo, you had to actually put in lab time to learn his stuff. Team DMC should still be dope though, especially if Vergil turns out how everyone is hoping he will.

Dahbomb

There are no stealth nerfs because nothing is being said by Capcom. We just need more game time with the game and then we can confirm all this.

Wolverine didn't drop combos when they were started properly at all. 2 reasons why Wolverine combos were dropping that people got to the bottom of really quickly:

1) If you start a combo with a Dive Kick stagger, you cannot use a Dive Kick ground bounce in the combo or it will miss. This was mentioned in the changelog and a lot of people have discovered this.

2) Wolverine has a tougher time following up a full combo with Slide OTG into Tatsu into something else. The last part misses because Tatsu causes enemy to recover in the air now so you need to do something really meaty like Berserker Barrage to follow that up.

Magneto combos were definitely affected greatly in between the changes to his j.H and air dashes as those were the two major components of ALL his combos.

Zero's D-loop combo is removed by the way, I just need a little more confirmation on this then I can list it. It's very possible his Lightning Loop is gone too among other variations of his loops.

Heezzi

Banned
Captain Commando was left out for a shitty non action/fighting character by the name of Phoenix Wright?

BS. How else am I going to Captain Sword into a Proton Cannon?

Well, it's a stealth nerf because it isn't obvious.

Like Wesker having less health. Or Magneto having slower tri-dashes.

It seems that Dante is causing less hit stun with his attacks. I honestly think that's the best way to describe it.

Khal_B

Looks like my fears of Dante's combos being nerfed have been confirmed. Honestly, I love long combos, doing them and watching them. Seeing an amazing Dante, Viper, Zero and more recently, Clockwork's Doom on streams have been very satisfying.

I'm holding out hope that there will be even more stylish combos to be had for Dante in UMVC3, but honestly, I'm not seeing the possibilities...Wasn't the entire point of Dante to be stylish?

Anyway, like I and others have said before, if he isn't as viable or fun anymore to use, then Vergil's taking his place.

lowhighkang_LHK said:
Anyway, like I said - I'll be able to get my hands on the game and I'll be purely focusing on Dante, Wesker and Trish. So i'll have a long write-up on that.

Cool, looking forward to that, that's 2/3 of my team there, so looking forward to your analysis.

Azure J

I'm not trying to hear all that mess on Dante, considering I think every one of the teams I've made has revolved around him somehow. Team Devils Night Out relies on Dante & Vergil being godlike and with Morrigan becoming HBIC tier in Ultimate, it'd really fucking sting if Dante actually dropped a place or two because of this.

I'll just chalk it up to non-final build shenanigans and wait for reality to tell me otherwise (if it turns out to go that way).

Edit: Something people should keep in mind since I've seen it alot over the net, Dante & Vergil, while both having a OTT ways about their combat are pretty damn different. If Dante is about doing a long string of "what the fuck awesome" shit to reach his end goal, Vergil is essentially all about being as efficient and decisive as possible.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oldschoolgamer said:
I'm kinda tight they stole some of Dante's swag. Aside from the -1 combo, you had to actually put in lab time to learn his stuff. Team DMC should still be dope though, especially if Vergil turns out how everyone is hoping he will.
Yeah this is my stance on it. Dante's swag is what kept him interesting to watch. Pre-release I got sooooooooo tired of the basic killer bee relaunch combo that I never wanted to watch anyone play Dante ever again but then we saw that style in action.

In no way is Dante a braindead character, you have like a billion opportunities to fuck up and drop the combo because of all the bold cancels and shenanigans going on that keep you stylin, not only that, but you need some super godlike execution to hit those every time. The whole thing that kept me hyped watching Dante was the sheer amount of fucking style you see in his combos. I always thought through the massive damage scaling, he was still a fairly balanced character.

ibOuIE.gif

LOOK AT THIS SHIT
DON'T TAKE THIS AWAY FROM ME CAPGOD
SWAG WOOP

Imagine if they give Dante a new move in UMvC3, that shit would be mapped to reverse dp + back/select button.

DR2K

Banned
Heezzi said:
Captain Commando was left out for a shitty non action/fighting character by the name of Phoenix Wright?

BS. How else am I going to Captain Sword into a Proton Cannon?

Eh, Capcom was only listening to the fans on that one. Viril, Strider, and Wright were heavily demanded. I still don't know how the other 9 got in.

Azure J

enzo_gt said:
ibOuIE.gif

LOOK AT THIS SHIT
DON'T TAKE THIS AWAY FROM ME CAPGOD
SWAG WOOP

Imagine if they give Dante a new move in UMvC3, that shit would be mapped to reverse dp + back/select button.

Christ I can't watch this and not remember the hype in the room when it got pulled off. So good. <3

Dead from reading the last line. :lol :lol :lol

Dahbomb

lowhighkang_LHK said:
It seems that Dante is causing less hit stun with his attacks. I honestly think that's the best way to describe it.
That's how I see it too. But since his combos have so many moves in them it's difficult to pin point which particular move either has less hit stun or less start up or is pushing characters too far away/dropping too low too high.

I still believe that players will be able to circumvent some of this and be able to produce high damaging combos with Dante.

Dante doesn't have any RDP motion moves by the way he can easily get like 6 more moves with it.

I wonder how spread out the character reveal trailers will be..I can't remember for the life of me how spread out the ones were for vanilla mvc3.

Dahbomb said:
It's gonna be a sad fucking day when on Team Devil May Cry... Dante is going to be the weakest link on the team. :(

Trish is basically the Fei Long of UMVC3. She was always good and a high tier character. All the top tiers getting nerfed and her getting buffed puts her pretty much either in the same level as them or possibly higher. Trish/Morrigan/Phoenix is going to be a super strong team now.

Nah, to me she's rather overrated in MvC3, people put her as high tier just a bit outside of the top 10 but if that's the case why did everyone drop her and stopped using her in competitive play? She has her share of weaknesses, losing DHC Glitch is a significant nerf for her, without it I am not sure if she will be able to do respectable damage. The improvement to keep away seems to be common with most keepaway characters, with Iron Man/Doom/Chris/Deadpool all getting buffs to their specials. But on the other hand I do think that her Peekaboo assist will be used much more often now that the Tron and Haggar assists have been nerfed.

Dahbomb

RiderKairuu said:
I wonder how spread out the character reveal trailers will be..I can't remember for the life of me how spread out the ones were for vanilla mvc3.
Every month we got 2 characters on average until the release date and in some months we got 4 or more.

If the same trend is followed of 2 characters per month:

4 in July

2 in August

2 in September

2 in October

Final 2 in November

scytheavatar said:
Nah, to me she's rather overrated in MvC3, people put her as high tier just a bit outside of the top 10 but if that's the case why did everyone drop her and stopped using her in competitive play? She has her share of weaknesses, losing DHC Glitch is a significant nerf for her, without it I am not sure if she will be able to do respectable damage. The improvement to keep away seems to be common with most keepaway characters, with Iron Man/Doom/Chris/Deadpool all getting buffs to their specials. But on the other hand I do think that her Peekaboo assist will be used much more often now that the Tron and Haggar assists have been nerfed.
She wasn't used much because the top 5 were sort of better, rushdown was much stronger in MVC3 and her damage output was on the lower end. Most of these changes are fixed in UMVC3 and it paves the way for her. Trish was in fact brought up a lot when Wolverine became dominant because she is considered one of his worst match ups. Trish is good because she has very little bad match ups and her toolset is amazing, the ability to both rushdown and runaway is nothing to take lightly.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
DR2K said:
Eh, Capcom was only listening to the fans on that one. Viril, Strider, and Wright were heavily demanded. I still don't know how the other 9 got in.
Ghost Rider, Dr. Strange and Frank West were certainly demanded as much as Vergil was from what I've seen. Frank West demand was there, but we all accepted his inevitable inclusion anyways and rolled with it. Strider and Wright are on another level of demand.

Dahbomb said:
Every month we got 2 characters on average until the release date and in some months we got 4 or more.

4 in July

2 in August

2 in September

2 in October

Final 2 in November
Makes sense to me! Thanks.

DR2K said:
Because of marketing characters for future projects, the capcom method of choosing random characters for roster diversity, niche fan appeal, half done models that already existed, characters that Niitsuma or people working for him personally liked, promotion of characters for future projects, use of current characters rather than ones from 10-20 years ago (on both sides. Arremar is the exception.) Wanting to introduce new exciting play-styles, to fill out specific factions already existing in the roster, to represent a previously untouched portion of the marvel universe with more than one character. Being unable to use certain characters due to copyrights, or characters in the marvel u being in a state of dead/flux.

DR2K

Banned
enzo_gt said:
Ghost Rider, Dr. Strange and Frank West were certainly demanded as much as Vergil was from what I've seen. Frank West demand was there, but we all accepted his inevitable inclusion anyways and rolled with it. Strider and Wright are on another level of demand.

Virgil was pretty high up on the Capcom side. Marvel's side went with none of the top fan demands. If you don't believe me go look at the SRK poll and the Capcom unity poll. Marvel's top picks are almost exactly the same. Frank West was probably expected so that killed actual demand, but the Marvel picks are definitely lower tier on the totem pole.

Professor Beef said:

I wasn't aware Capcom was buying their own games. I do think when you make a game based on fan requests and not really take many fan requests this kind of back lash is to be expected.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Dahbomb said:

4 in July

2 in August

2 in September

2 in October

Final 2 in November

I'll say 4 during TGS

DR2K said:
Virgil was pretty high up on the Capcom side. Marvel's side went with none of the top fan demands. If you don't believe me go look at the SRK poll and the Capcom unity poll. Marvel's top picks are almost exactly the same. Frank West was probably expected so that killed actual demand, but the Marvel picks are definitely lower tier on the totem pole.

Marvel gets the final say whether a character' in or not

shaowebb

Given Dr. Strange and Iron Fist's pole ranking they could have been passed up even if they was on the table for consideration at Capcom. However, now that we know an Ironfist movie has officially been confirmed and is being penned at this moment and that Dr Strange is set to follow it I think we know who pushed for them the hardest.

Any way it goes I'm happy as hell. Two good characters that will have a lot of options in how they can be built will mean a lot of new tricks will get thrown in by the team on them simply because their characters offer that kind of leeway in how they could be portrayed.

Its always cool when characters with Leeway like this make a list. They tend to get some of the more interesting tricks. Case in point Dormammu, Trish and Dante are mad flexible in how you could've made them. They ended up being full of surprises and are a lot of fun to throw into matches because they change the game up a lot.

Can't wait to see how all the new cast works. Rocket Raccoon is gonna be full of surprises I'm betting. Here's hoping hes a midget cable whose beams you can't slide under.

I hope The Iron fist punches a train on screen haha.
DR2K said:
Marvel top votes had too much 90's, honestly. Still, Marvel's picks are much weaker than Capcom's picks.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Someone had a pretty good prediction list up before of the characters they'd announce according to the events coming up in the next few months.

I just wonder, what will they show off at Evo? New stages? More alt costumes? Gameplay changes? New moves? There has to be something as the panel won't just be entirely discussion and Q&A:

Friday, July 29

4:00-5:00 PM (EVO Panel Room)

Marvel Vs Capcom 3: Past, Present, and Future!

Capcom producer Ryota Niitsuma will share behind-the-scenes insights from the MVC3 development process and discuss thoughts on the future direction of the Marvel Vs Capcom franchise. He will be joined by MVC3 battle system designer and Capcom fighting legend Hidetoshi (“Neo_G”) Ishizawa (see below for credits) to discuss the thinking behind the battle systems, and what the future might hold for everything from character balance, mechanics, and more. Fighting fans will not want to miss this rare opportunity for insight and discussion.

DR2K said:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/marvelv...results__round_2_inforesults_(updated_w_UMvC3)

Ghost rider was definitely in third...Iron fist, and strange were above a good number of characters as well.

the rest were all 90s xmen and venom..who are all off limits...due to copyrights/diversity/dead/changing character in the comics.

Azure J

I'll be painfully honest with myself and GAF for a moment, the Capcom side of the MVC games has always been the more appealing of the two both in theory (who they could pull from) and execution (who has gotten in the games from MVC1 to now).

DR2K

Banned
SolarPowered said:
Marvel top votes had too much 90's, honestly. Still, Marvel's picks are much weaker than Capcom's picks.

90's were the bomb.

~Devil Trigger~ said:
Marvel gets the final say whether a character' in or not

Capcom has stated it's a compromise from both sides on numerous occasions. It's definitely not as black and white as Capcom picks 6 Capcom and vice versa.

DR2K said:
90's were the bomb.

Capcom has stated it's a compromise from both sides on numerous occasions. It's definitely not as black and white as Capcom picks 6 Capcom and vice versa.
90s may have very well been the bomb but we don't need 10 xmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom