• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (PS3/360 - Nov. 15) [Up: Entire Roster Leaked, Art In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel free to steal my Nemesis quotes, Capcom.

"Eat my RPG, bitch"

"You sure are pretty for a zombie"

"Ever fought a zombie with tentacles, Succubus?"

"I find this brutish behavior beneath one of my stature and power"

"Why must we continue to fight one another without cause or motive?"

"I'm going to rip your face off and use it as toilet paper."

"STAAAARZZZZ"

"You should have stocked up on herbs"

"I liked your old uniform better, Jill"

SolarPowered said:
Feel free to steal my Nemesis quotes, Capcom.

"Eat my RPG, bitch"

"You sure are pretty for a zombie"

"Ever fought a zombie with tentacles, Succubus?"

"I find this brutish behavior beneath one of my stature and power"

"Why must we continue to fight one another without cause or motive?"

"I'm going to rip your face off and use it as toilet paper."

"STAAAARZZZZ"

"You should have stocked up on herbs"

Hopefully he has an alt outfit with a monocle...and top hat...and cane...

*random but looking at the other 8 characters I think Frank West could be especially crazy in this engine with all that zombie summoning.

shaowebb

TheOGB said:
Are

are you... you fuckin serious?

YUP :D

I posted last night as soon as I found out The Iron Fist movie was officially being penned and was approved.

If you read his backstory regardless of whether you follow the character it actually would make a pretty good movie. I mean he trains in a mystical city that he ventured into and ascends to the trial of fighting an immortal dragon bare handed to claim the power and title of the Immortal Iron Fist by plunging his fist into the defeated dragons still beating heart.

Its kind of a big thing since that magical city has always had an Iron Fist for a protector and he's basically everything you could want in a mythical martial arts legend. The heroes for hire stuff is lame since its all 70's power with him and Luke Cage. Don't get me started on Misty Knight who is only recently proving interesting in a role similar to Oracle in DC.

Anyhow its a pretty decent kung fu hero sort of story with a lot of potential for cool training scenes, fantastic settings and a fight with a dragon just for starters. Already its got a better sounding plot than "depowered Thor makes an ass of himself on Earth as we await a good villain moment to arise or for a love interest that makes sense" the movie.

At least Iron Fist fights won't end in 2 seconds and will have more spectacular choreography and less hammer twirlies of fabulousness.

zlatko said:
A lot goes into a purchase from person to person. The people who are having a hard time with the value of UMvC3 are people who like myself already bought MvC3. People who were smart enough to NOT buy MvC3 right out the gate, and NOW buy UMvC3 are the ones getting their moneys worth.
I wanna pick up mvc3 now to practice for umvc3 gameplay wise. This game doesn't play like other fighting games and I wanna get some background experience in how it plays.

So what's a good price to pick this up used at?

BiggStankDogg said:
But now, within a year of my purchase, if I want the TRUE experience the way it should have been, I have to have spent $110.00 total on the actual game, while someone who may have a passing interest in the game might say, "Hey - that looks like it might be fun for $40.00". Except I now have to spend almost three times the money in the end to help fund the new version.
All the ppl who initially saw how they treated SF4 and said they'll wait for an Ultimate MVC3 have been validated a mere 9 months down the road and now have an abundance of more ppl looking to do the same whenever a new Capcom fighting game is released and will just wait it out.

I was never interested in this game but this Ultimate version has me interested because of the community and tournaments local to me. I don't see that happening with KOF13 so will learn this game and kof13.

BiggStankDogg said:
I have a $70.00 collector's paperweight less than a year after I bought it. . . Capcom can do whatever they want - they are a business and obviously people will pay $40 for the update (myself included, begrudgingly).
This is what happens when a company sells a game aswell as it does based on hype and franchise (Marvel). They know alot of ppl will pay day1 for this title that it doesn't matter if early adopters aren't getting value for money, it just matters to them and their balance sheets.

Supply and demand really. The way I see it is if someone complains about it but they still want to play it then the demand is there. I would probably not buy ultimate if I felt strongly about it, but then I'm not a fan of this game. I do feel sorry about the ppl who bought collectors editions though. It really does feel like only 9 months down the road an Ultimate release devalues it greatly.

Neki

enzo_gt said:
Yeah this is my stance on it. Dante's swag is what kept him interesting to watch. Pre-release I got sooooooooo tired of the basic killer bee relaunch combo that I never wanted to watch anyone play Dante ever again but then we saw that style in action.

In no way is Dante a braindead character, you have like a billion opportunities to fuck up and drop the combo because of all the bold cancels and shenanigans going on that keep you stylin, not only that, but you need some super godlike execution to hit those every time. The whole thing that kept me hyped watching Dante was the sheer amount of fucking style you see in his combos. I always thought through the massive damage scaling, he was still a fairly balanced character.

ibOuIE.gif

LOOK AT THIS SHIT
DON'T TAKE THIS AWAY FROM ME CAPGOD
SWAG WOOP

Imagine if they give Dante a new move in UMvC3, that shit would be mapped to reverse dp + back/select button.

hope Ryan Hunter wins evo. gooooo ryan!

Dahbomb

ibOuIE.gif

This pic makes me sad because Dante might not be able to do Pop Shredder into Teleport Hammer anymore.

We may never experience such a hype moment from Dante every again. :(

S-Kill MVC3 has way more juice left in it. He says that Capcom has seen those videos that are posted everyday on MVC3 technology... he states that there are probably a thousand more of those waiting to happen.

Also Doom hidden technology.

enzo_gt said:
I thought the hitstun was one of the main things that got nerfed about many of Dante's moves? Well that's what's been reported in this game of broken telephone anyways. I never saw a change in the hitboxes, can you/your friend confirm that many of the hitboxes on his normals are still the same?

I think Dante will be fine in the end though, just new, more down to earth BnBs will have to be crafted that's all. I just fear the style and outlandish combos will be gone, which were the source of some raw MvC3 hype. We've already seen some new basic ones on stream, which aren't as stylish, but still get the job done. Once developed upon, I'm sure Dante will still be a problem.

grumblegrumblespidermangrumblegrumble

The ranges are the same. And there doesn't seem to be any apparent changes in hitboxes that he noticed.

Just that some of Dante's combos are harder to pull off really. Shit that should connect doesn't, it may require different timing.

robut said:
Hopefully he has an alt outfit with a monocle...and top hat...and cane...
Someone here once mentioned that all the men should have gentlemen themed alternates and I agree completely. Magnus would look swag as fuck in his House of M uniform and Hulk would like like a straight up bouncer with a nice purple bowtie. That and a lady themed alternate pack should be mandatory for the next iteration.

Throw in three or so jazz themed tracks for maximum win and class.

TDLink

DR2K said:
Representation and promotion are 2 different concepts.

That may be, but if the promotion causes diverse representation I'm all for it. If you are complaining about the characters they added for Ultimate then chances are you simply aren't familiar with the characters. Nova, Doctor Strange, and Iron Fist are all fantastic characters who deserve to be in this game and are very popular now/in recent years in the Marvel Universe. Rocket Raccoon definitely seems to be an up and coming big name as well and is pretty cool. Don't knock these characters until you see them in action.

I mean really, if you need more incentive just look at this:

(SPOILERS for Annihilation)

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/13573/1252619-annihilation_02____6_super_super.jpg

XeroSauce

Becquerel said:
If it was supposed to reference Silver Surfer, he'd be completely white, at least the costume, and not black-and-white. It might be a FF costume (a Skrull, Lyja, was part of the FF at some point), but there's no way to see it since you can't see the chest.

Yea, since he's blocking his chest, we can't see some of the colour/any potential symbols.

Look at me getting all hype when I don't even own a Xbox/PS3. :(

Mit-

It really upsets me that the majority of Dante's flashier and damaging (and very, very difficult) combos won't even work in UMvC3. I know the game isn't final yet, but you know it's gonna happen that way. It just further highlights Capcom's bullshit method of balancing in their fighting games: nerf literally everything that was good before. Doesn't matter if it's a character, a move, an assist, whatever. They are unable to differentiate between overpowered and good/effective.

Wolverine nerfs? Great. Though zero armor on Berserker Slash PLUS slowing the move down is a bit much. Also leaving dive kick how it is but not allowing relaunch if you start with kick stagger doesn't really change anything (you just need an assist to relaunch with while utilizing Wolverine's own OTG). It's still got a bigass hitbox with humongous priority.

Phoenix nerfs? Great. Could probably use even more of them but I'm just jaded against her.

Tron assist? Erm, I guess it was a good assist, but what's wrong with good assists here and there? And nerfing her jumping H? Seriously? It was good, not overpowered, and a huge part of her ability to get in and score combos.

Wesker nerfs? Health is understandable. But nerfing him to below 1mil health AND nerfing his air throw AND slowing down his teleports? You'll never see a Wesker in tournament play again. Bet.

Breaking the fuck out of all of Dante's combos? Bullshit. They required more execution than anything else in the entire game, and you rarely even saw them executed consistently in tournament play to dominate a match. I can't even recall seeing a single Dante team win any majors. Dante was good, but not overpowered.

Sentinel not being able to combo after HSF in the corner? Also dumb bullshit. Sentinel is perfectly balanced how he is now. He's made of fucking glass. Decreasing his ability to do damage, EVEN when in the corner, on top of his health nerf, is stupid. He better be getting more health back if he can't combo as well anymore. Oh, and his drones assist, while useful in a different way now, are still not as useful as before, so there you go, fuck you Sentinel.

Zero. You like doing cool Sougenmu combos? Too bad. Even though that's what the goddamn powerup hyper IS MADE FOR, we're going to go ahead and get rid of any unique loops it might have created and just force you to do boring BnB's with it that don't damage as much as Rekkoha. Cool! Also, all the cool advanced combos you could setup utilizing the hard knockdown on charge shot? Fuck that. Soft knockdown. Again--a good, not overpowered move, being nerfed for no goddamn reason.

Magneto atleast received a fairly significant buff to make up for his nerfs, but no DHC glitch is a fairly big nerf in addition to his awesome air combos, he should've been able to keep SOMETHING besides hyper grav loop in the corner (which isn't even as valuable anymore since it was mostly a prime setup for DHC glitch). J.H should've remained the same. If it had to change, it should've just hurt a little less. Or, his air dash should remain the same. But nerfing his jumping H, air dash, combos, and disruptor? Again, let's nerf every fucking good thing about him just because it's good and we see it in tournaments a lot.

And HAGGAR ASSIST? With no noticeable buffs in the builds we've seen so far? Utter bullshit. Haggar was a humongous liability to the majority of teams that utilized his assist. Yes it helps teams a LOT, but Haggar also blows as an anchor, loses health every time he uses the assist, and is very vulnerable to being snapped in and killed. I get that the assist will still be pretty good with soft knockdown, but seriously, it didn't need to be nerfed at all. Haggar needs nothing but buffs.

Goddammit Capcom :(

Hey Dahbomb, since a lot of websites are referencing your list, I want to help you fill it out:
Haggar:
c.H now hits OTG.

Double Lariat assist is now vulnerable during startup.

Amaterasu:
I would remove the mention of her speed buff in XF2, because according to Seth Killian, all characters get the same XF boosts now. I think it would be better if you created a "General Changes" section, and mentioned X-Factor there, along with the fact that some characters who had no speed boost will have one now, and characters with massive damage boosts will be toned down as a result.

Arthur:
His j.S diving down isn't just good for relaunches, it helps him combo in general, since against some characters, he does have to rush (Arthur vs. Dormammu 1v1 is not to Arthur's advantage).

Felicia:
Toy Touch now causes less hitstun decay, making the cancel into Dancing Flash more difficult.

Rolling Buckler no longer bounces off your opponent on block, increasing her pressure game by giving her another way to close the distance.

Hsien-ko:
I think a lot of these notes are premature. Many characters seemed faster because the stream cut frames out due to being low quality. I think her superjump might descend faster, but the rest doesn't look particularly different to me.

She can also throw trash cans at her opponent; they look like the Final Fight ones (big red tubs).

Iron Man:
Somewhere around here there was a video that suggested Iron Man now has two air dashes.

Morrigan:
Astral Vision definitely is much faster on startup. Finishing Shower has faster startup, faster missile travel speed, and you can control their trajectory much more than before. For example, in MvC3, if you hold up after using Finishing Shower, the trajectory will "slant" up a bit, and the whole thing is pretty minor. In UMvC3, I saw a player curve the missiles upward to the top half of the screen and then swerve them back down to the bottom against a crouching opponent. They may even be able to reach superjump heights now.

Ryu:
IIRC, Chindogg said that Ryu's "buff" hyper also increases the damage on his level 3.

+ Ryu's Hadoken and Shoryuken can be charged for additional effects, such as making Hadoken so fast it's invisible and causing wall bounce. Can be used in the air.
They can't be charged, he just has a new Hadoken, which is qcf.S. If you charge the motion, you get the wall bounce special. If you let go early, you get a half-assed Hadoken that only travels half-screen. Not too sure about Hadoshoryuken.

She-Hulk:
+ Appears to be overall faster (?)
Seemed the same speed to me.

Tron Bonne:
I'm not sure if Gustaff Fire has a bigger hittable box, I think it's just vulnerable during startup now.

I can confirm that Tron's Servbot projectiles come out ridiculously fast now. She can chain them together so fast that the models seem to overlap.

Viewtiful Joe:
I think his dodge move is full invincibility, but has vulnerability on recovery, hence canceling it into Mach Speed in the trailer. I don't think it is high/low/medium specific, because unlike counters, it's not a "freebie" if you guess right.

And IMO, I would list the TAC changes (I can help you with this if you aren't sure) and remove the tier placement discussion - it seems premature.

pirateben said:
The excellent Mr Maximillian's breakdown of UMvC3 (Episode 3):

STRIDER HIRYU & ROSTER LEAKS

Excellent. Thx for the heads up.

EDIT: I thought you played DMC3:Special Edition Maximillian?

Anyway, as I have - the quickest way to describe Vergil is to say he's probably going to be a mix between Wesker and Karas.

Vergil has a Dante like teleport, but is also designed to track the enemy ground to ground, ground to air, and air to ground. Furthermore, Vergil has a "back" teleport much like Weskers medium teleport (taking him away from the opponent).

The Karas comparisons are based off the usage of a Katana with similar range properties.

It'd be really interesting to see if they include Beowulf and Force Edge as well with Vergil. Which actually mean Vergil would be a butt-sex creation of Wesker, Dante and Karas. And then you have Vergil's phantom swords, so you can throw in Spiral in that genetic mix as well. If they do Vergil properly like they did with Dante, Vergil would probably end up with the second most amount of moves in the game.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
lowhighkang_LHK said:
So I talked to a friend of mine who was at Comic- Con and is a solid socal player (I fight against him often) who reps Dante, Trish and Wesker.

He pretty much said Trish's voltage projectiles and traps all of much faster start up. This has been known before.

But he also said something is terribly wrong with Dante. As a person who could do a lot of advance BnB's on routine, he said Dante's day 1 combo proved difficult.
In fact, the only combo that would land regularly with Dante was the day -50 combo. The magic series, into air magic series, killer bee, reverb shock, fireworks into million dollar.

If you relaunch after the killer bee, good luck landing the sky dance. It's not going to happen.

The bold cancel into volcano into air play into standing H, then launcher doesn't even land anymore.

And this guy has been using Dante since the beginning, easily matching any kind of advance youtube combo that comes out. So it kind of concerns me that all of Dante's BnB's are being dropped so easily.

Even the 'other' route, which is to launch into air juggle then prop shredder is fucked. The opponent drops faster after the prop shredder, making it much harder to land a relaunch, or even to teleport and then hammer. The hammer whiffs.

So you can't even -get- into cold shower, stinger, bold cancel, teleport, helm breaker situations.

They've cocked blocked all three primary combo starts for Dante.

What the fuck is this shit? Take one of the most interesting fighting game character with one of the most interest executions and mechanics and strip them all? On a character who wasn't even god tier to begin with. Nobody won a major tourney crutching on Dante. Even I, who spend the most time in training mode with Dante, find him to be my least effective character when I'm at various SoCal tourneys. (I use magneto, taskmaster and dante).

So, eh - fuck Dante. I'll put his superior brother in his place.

And watching the various video feeds out there, I see a lot of people dropping Dante combos. I first thought they just lacked execution ( even though they were perfect with execution with their other two characters, but hearing this from Rokos was concerning over at SRK)

EDIT: Basically, it seems to be two minor changes that is just train wrecking everything Dante does. Enemies are recovering faster out of attacks (or falling faster) - and some of his attacks longer start up. Also, his killer bee floats downward a bit, much like Wolverines dive kick - giving it less horizontal coverage.

Capcom's crippling the real Dante so that people hate him before DmC's release. :(

When did Dante's killer bee become broken?

This post really makes me feel naseuous. I hope that they make some adjustments before release. Dante was never a real problem. And if you wanted to knock him down a tier, you just needed minor modifications to some of his moves, not a complete crippling of his combo potential. I refuse to not play Dante, so whatever happens happens... but that seriously sucks if this is what the final game is like.

Capcom's crippling the real Dante so that people hate him before DmC's released. :(

Mit-

Also, there's pretty much zero chance an Iron Fist movie will be out next year...

It's no doubt part of their plans after they move to Disney and finish up Avengers/Iron Man 3. But that's not for a while... And there's literally been no news on this Iron Fist movie since last year. If the movie was to be finished by next year, it would need to be getting underway by now. Something like a script or casting rumors or something.

MoxManiac

Wait so lariat nerfed on point too? Nothing, I mean nothing should be nerfed about Haggar's point game. The dude has enough trouble as it is when on the field without backup.

dankir

enzo_gt said:
I think this is it, props! More pictures of it via Google point to this being it as well as it appears a lighter blue similar to the in-game model in other pics.

Only one left now is this Skrull colour scheme's origin:

W27Tz.jpg

Not enough Super Skrulls in play at tourneys :(

I'll try to rep him in Ultimate.... FOR THE EMPIRE!

GuardianE said:
This post really makes me feel naseuous. I hope that they make some adjustments before release. Dante was never a real problem. And if you wanted to knock him down a tier, you just needed minor modifications to some of his moves, not a complete crippling of his combo potential. I refuse to not play Dante, so whatever happens happens... but that seriously sucks if this is what the final game is like.

Capcom's crippling the real Dante so that people hate him before DmC's released. :(

To be honest with you, I kind of hesitated to post Dante impressions for about a whole day. But after watching some videos, I kind of got the impression there is some substance for what was being told to me.

Because, really - just because somebody is dropping Dante combos, doesn't mean said characters properties were changed. But, when a good Dante player is dropping combos, and you see this occur with other decent Dante players on a live stream, 1+1 = 2, ya know?

I'm hoping they just made the timing on some of his bnb's a bit more strict, that's all. And I agree with you, Dante was probably the best balanced "top" character. Advanced combos takes skill. Dante doesn't have a tournament viable touch of death combo (despite all the crazy shit you see, none of them really got past 80% damage due to scaling). Dante was never considered to be a x-factor level 3 threat like Sentinel or Phoenix, and he had inherent weaknesses like 8 frame start up (at least) on most attacks plus 900,000 health.

Leave Dante alone Capcom...in more ways than one for fucks sake.

smurfx

get some go again
haggar really needs some sort of way to get in on characters with good keep away. letting his pipe hit otg the character don't mean shit if he can't get to them. a good trish against haggar is an almost impossible task for haggar. dormammu is another character that just has to lay traps and just chip him to death. not much haggar can do unless the player sucks with the character. he needs armor on his hoodlum launcher and i doubt capcom is going to give him that. the only things i thought needed to be nerfed on dante was his hammer's priority and getting rid of his back somehow being able to hit you if you sneaked up behind him.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
lowhighkang_LHK said:
To be honest with you, I kind of hesitated to post Dante impressions for about a whole day. But after watching some videos, I kind of got the impression there is some substance for what was being told to me.

Because, really - just because somebody is dropping Dante combos, doesn't mean said characters properties were changed. But, when a good Dante player is dropping combos, and you see this occur with other decent Dante players on a live stream, 1+1 = 2, ya know?

I'm hoping they just made the timing on some of his bnb's a bit more strict, that's all. And I agree with you, Dante was probably the best balanced "top" character. Advanced combos takes skill. Dante doesn't have a tournament viable touch of death combo (despite all the crazy shit you see, none of them really got past 80% damage due to scaling). Dante was never considered to be a x-factor level 3 threat like Sentinel or Phoenix, and he had inherent weaknesses like 8 frame start up (at least) on most attacks plus 900,000 health.

Leave Dante alone Capcom...in more ways than one for fucks sake.

It's just strange since people don't know what's changed about Dante... just that shit doesn't work anymore. Watching a few streams, it appeared that Dante's normals seemed to push his opponents farther away, but that would only explain the Skydance whiff, really.

The initial impressions I'd read were that most of his OTG combo potential was intact. Which would be fine. But that doesn't seem to be the case if he can't combo off of Prop Shredder, or connected after Volcano->Airplay.

I was expecting smaller changes, like taking some invincibility off of Hammer. I was hoping that Justin or Floe would use him a bit at the con, so we could get some insight on what's changed, but they ended up picking new characters. I really hope to see more impressions of the old cast at Evo.

smurfx said:
haggar really needs some sort of way to get in on characters with good keep away. letting his pipe hit otg the character don't mean shit if he can't get to them. a good trish against haggar is an almost impossible task for haggar. dormammu is another character that just has to lay traps and just chip him to death. not much haggar can do unless the player sucks with the character. he needs armor on his hoodlum launcher and i doubt capcom is going to give him that. the only things i thought needed to be nerfed on dante was his hammer's priority and getting rid of his back somehow being able to hit you if you sneaked up behind him.
also wesker

Has anyone actually tested the Hoodlum Launcher for armor? I saw what might have been armor on it on stream the other day. It went by quick though so I'm not sure.

Khal_B

The thing is, it's apparent that when they were making Dante for MVC3, their intent was to give him a lot of tools so that he could be as stylish as possible. Why take that away now? Like others have said, Dante seemed to be the most balanced top-tier in the game and you HAD to put time in the lab to get him up to scratch. Even then, you ran the risk of dropping combos with jump and bold cancelling etc. integrated into his combos.

I wouldn't mind if they nerfed him in some other way (damage perhaps?), but taking away his combo potential is crippling the character, and as cheesy as this sounds, what he stands for. No more SSS combos for us.

:(

Karsticles said:
And I don't know why Dante players are upset anyway. It's still early, and there's nothing to suggest that Dante won't still be crazy. Capcom might just want Dante players to have to figure out new styles. For all you know, changes made to him give you more options.

Perhaps, we'll just have to wait and see.

I thought one of Haggar's moves might have had armor, but like you, it was quick for me, I don't know where it is now, etc.

Having an 8 frame startup on your attacks isn't a weakness when those attacks cover half the screen. 900K health is normal in this game. Dante is very scary in XF3. Dante's advanced bnbs build almost 3 bars of meter, meaning he can end pretty much everything into his level 3 for a touch of death combo.

Edit: And I don't know why Dante players are upset anyway. It's still early, and there's nothing to suggest that Dante won't still be crazy. Capcom might just want Dante players to have to figure out new styles. For all you know, changes made to him give you more options.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Choppasmith said:
Unfortunately, there's no info on the Marvel Wiki page where I found it.
http://marvel.wikia.com/File:Storm_031.jpg

I looked around on Comics Vine and it looks like it may be this. It's Storm with the Phoeix Force.

Oh what the hell, that was actually on my list. Biggest longshot that made it in by far. I hope EVO gives us some new info so that we can finally maybe get past bitching about roster picks. We've only had this cycle like 8 times so far.

smurfx said:
Not to mention the nice buffs that zoning characters are receiving now. Morrigan is going to be an even tougher matchup now that her finishing shower has more flexibility, speed and faster start up. Other characters like Trish are improved and air X-factor is a major threat to a haggar that whiffs a pipe in the air.

We are still a few months away so I wouldn't get too worried about it, but I can definitely see how hopelessness starts to set in.

Not to mention the nice buffs that zoning characters are receiving now. Morrigan is going to be an even tougher matchup now that her finishing shower has more flexibility, speed and faster start up. Other characters like Trish are improved and air X-factor is a major threat to a haggar that whiffs a pipe in the air.
Air combat in general will be dangerous now against characters with good air throws. On more than one occasion someone would attack someone in the air, their opponent would block, XFC the blockstun, and then air throw into a hyper for a dead character.

shaowebb

HOLD THE PHONE...!?

Haggar's crouching H can hit OTG now? Unless you were trying to say the input for his standing pipe or something then thats his dropkick that we use currently as a way to force him into a roll for a go behind. That thing is cancelable into launcher!

I can use this!

Its nothing too major but it could easily give me a combo extension for him. I'll have to see how it works on his basic pipe reset combo since pipe has been changed. If I can't get a bounce out of air pipe I could land go into the new crouching H then launcher for an extra hit in that combo instead to get the relaunch.

Also any assist that puts you on the ground means I have an OTG with a pretty decent range to capitalize with. He still needs buffs to help put him inside since he is a character who is forced to super jump all day with no real tool to truly protect his landing but if he gets any priority to any of his jump moves that means I won't have to worry about super jump approaches anymore.

If I can just score new priorities on his jump moves for anything but pipe his new OTG may just make him viable since I would have a tool to follow up on things out of super jump that goes into his combos.

Its gonna be hard to notice since everyone avoids Haggar and all they do on jump ins are jump pipes, but I wanna start checking his jump ins to see if he tries anything that beats anything he shouldn't.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I know it might be very sketchy theory.

I decided to take a glance at umvc3 character selection and thing popped up in my mind.

We realized that Shuma and Jill didn't shown up on the screen yet right? and they already announced. I found it odd that they didn't put Shuma and Jill up right now so we wonder why?

http://www.eventhubs.com/images/2011/jul/20/character-selection-screen-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/

I think I may have a theory about it.

They don't want to reveal the design of DLC slots yet.

we may not getting button/square of Shuma and Jill. Instead of that, we are getting DLC slots on each side where we can pick amounts of dlc characters.

Dahbomb

Updated the changelog and removed the tier discussion since it's now being seen by many people now.

Karsts I would definitely like to have some "general mechanics change" stuff in it as well if you can provide it. Will edit them in as soon as I get them.

IntelliHeath said:

I decided to take a glance at umvc3 character selection and thing popped up in my mind.

We realized that Shuma and Jill didn't shown up on the screen yet right? and they already announced. I found it odd that they didn't put Shuma and Jill up right now so we wonder why?

http://www.eventhubs.com/images/2011/jul/20/character-selection-screen-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/

we may not getting button/square of Shuma and Jill. Instead of that, we are getting DLC slots on each side where we can pick amounts of dlc characters.

You got it wrong, I'm afraid.

You see those blocks right up top, in the same line as the company logos and the random buttons? This is where the 2 DLC characters will be going.
If you look at the roster build, you'll see Jill being on top of the Resident Evil column and Shuma sitting atop of the same column Dormammu is in (which mean Dr. Strange will be between those two).

Of course they could move the logos up or completely remove them to add 2 more DLC slots for each side. But Jill and Shuma are going to be in those corners.

IntelliHeath said:

They didn't want to pay the ten bucks.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Becquerel said:
You got it wrong, I'm afraid.

You see those blocks right up top, in the same line as the company logos and the random buttons? This is where the 2 DLC characters will be going.
If you look at the roster build, you'll see Jill being on top of the Resident Evil column and Shuma sitting atop of the same column Dormammu is in (which mean Dr. Strange will be between those two).

Of course they could move the logos up or completely remove them to add 2 more DLC slots for each side. But Jill and Shuma are going to be in those corners.

That I am aware of. In fact, I already foresight that but how you can be so sure about it? You can't write it off without any evidence until they add those two characters to the list.

It don't make sense that they haven't put Shuma or Jill on the screen yet, even they are completed.

God's Beard said:
They didn't want to pay the ten bucks.

:lol

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
IntelliHeath said:

Wow, fucking good call. I remember not seeing them on the roster, but made nothing of it. TO THE RUMOR MILL!

shaowebb

IntelliHeath said:

Hmm...if they allowed you to push left or right on those two empty slots off by themselves and it didn't move your cursor to the other side then it could be used to scroll through a list of DLC characters on that slot. Its not like we haven't seen a game where you selected one character and had to to do something to select someone else on that slot before.

Remember all the stuff in SVC chaos? This scrollable slot would be pretty decent compared to that and it would allow for an indefinite amount of DLC cast to be possible without select screen design changes ever becoming necessary. Maybe someday I'll get to see Gene from Godhand.

Dahbomb

Jill is going to be on the top left hand most slot and Shuma on the top right hand most slot.

It becomes much clearer when you realize that below Jill are (presumably) Nemesis, Chris and Wesker.

Under Shuma it appears to be Dr Strange and Dormammu.

All these characters are related, you can check the others for comparisons (Avengers in one column, X-Men, Darkstalkers, MM series, GnG series, DMC series, SF series all in one column).

Seems I am beaten to the logic.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
shaowebb said:
Hmm...if they allowed you to push left or right on those two empty slots off by themselves and it didn't move your cursor to the other side then it could be used to scroll through a list of DLC characters on that slot. Its not like we haven't seen a game where you selected one character and had to to do something to select someone else on that slot before.

Remember all the stuff in SVC chaos? This scrollable slot would be pretty decent compared to that and it would allow for an indefinite amount of DLC cast to be possible without select screen design changes ever becoming necessary. Maybe someday I'll get to see Gene from Godhand.

You meant like

WWE ALL STAR's DLC slot where you can pick one of those DLC characters in scroll manner style.

I think MK9 DLC slot is same thing right?

Dahbomb said:
Jill is going to be on the top left hand most slot and Shuma on the top right hand most slot.

It becomes much clearer when you realize that below Jill are (presumably) Nemesis, Chris and Wesker.

Under Shuma it appears to be Dr Strange and Dormammu.

All these characters are related, you can check the others for comparisons (Avengers in one column, X-Men, Darkstalkers, MM series, GnG series, DMC series, SF series all in one column).

Seems I am beaten to the logic.

Yeah, you are right. I'm even aware of this on first day they shown the character selection. Can you really answer why they didn't even show Shuma and Jill on the demo? I found it rather odd that they didn't include them on UMVC3 demo.

Edited:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNa7chzSufE

Look at how they select Rain.

I bet that Shuma and Jill would be default icon for dlc slots in order to match up with the roster.

Dahbomb

That's a good question and I have no answer for it other than what God' Beard said... they didn't want to pay $10.

MAX YOU TOTALLY COPPED OUT ON THE VERGIL ANALYSIS!!!
:(

You may not have played DMC3SE but Vergil is a playable character in that game. He doesn't just use a katana sheathed sword, he uses Beowulf gauntlets/greaves and a sword similar to Dante's called Force Edge. Since Dante was almost perfectly translated from his DMC3 self into MVC3, it's safe to say that Vergil will get a similar treatment.

Vergil can basically be described as a hybrid of Strider Hiryu, Spiral and Dante. He has mostly close ranged weapons but he has tools to attack from a distance including his signature Summoned Swords which revolve around him at first just like Spiral and then he sends them out in different patterns and even can lock them around enemies limiting their movements. In the game these were used defensively and offensively for extended combos. They required Devil Trigger meter to use though.

He is also a teleport beast and he has multiple tracking teleports sort of like Phoenix. He has no air dash though unlike Dante. His combat revolves around using 3 weapons simultaneously (as compared to Dante's 10).

On Yamato he has normals where he basically just hits you with the hilt of the sword and then as you progress he unsheaths for very powerful slashes that knockaway. He has aerial slashes and a dashing slash that hits behind him as he goes forward (possibly crosses up). He also has a very high priority vertical slashes that bring the opponent down hard. Yamato also gives access to one of Vergil's trademark moves the Judgment Cut which is a tracking projectile extension of his sword slashes. He can use these 3 times in a row.

On Beowulf he has a somersault move that is very similar to Dante's Revolver move in properties. It also has an exclusive move where is basically a double hitting anti-air "flash kicks" called Rising Sun. Then of course some basic punch/kick combos and last but not least he has a dive kick on it that is better than Dante's Killer Bee (to the naked eye they look the same).

On Force Edge he has similar moves to Dante except for the Round Trip which is what Trish has in MVC3.

Other abilities of Vergil include of course his Devil Trigger. As a boss, Vergil has access to newer tools including a projectile deflector (he deflects projectiles by twirling his sword) and a physical attack counter which allows him to counter attack with impunity.

Combining the 3 weapon combat, his multiple tracking projectiles and his Summoned Sword formations... he is a very lethal and precise character unlike Dante who has numerous multi-hitting moves and a plethera of options. Vergil has like 1/3rd of the options of Dante but that's all he really needs because he is so efficient at what he does.

Finally, also in DMC3SE Vergil has access to a darker power referred to as Nelo Angelo. Without getting too much into story details, this is like a SUPER Devil Trigger form of Vergil where he transforms into a black knight fully clad in armor. His sword also transforms and becomes massive in range and damage. He gets access to a very powerful fireball, flight mode (in DMC1), better teleport and better Beowulf moves. He also gains much more stamina during this.

There are multiple videos of him being played online with combos and such.

GatorBait

Hopefully high-level players give the Capcom representatives an earful at EVO about Dante being nerfed into a cookie-cutter combo character. He was one of the most interesting fighting game characters I've ever seen because of his versatility. He is a perfect representation of MvC3 being the "sandbox" of the fighting game genre. I don't want to see him end up as a character who uses the same bnb combo every time, thus rendering a majority of his massive special move list worthless.

Mit-

Well, since Shuma and Jill are still confirmed DLC that most likely will still have to be payed for (not 100% yet but that's just PR bullshit saying they might still be available for free in UMvC3), they are avoiding confusion and questions about "OH SO JILL AND SHUMA ARE FREE NOW :V " "No." "THEN Y R THEY ON CHAR SELECT SCREEN".

I wouldn't doubt that Shuma/Jill are unplayable in all preview builds of the game right up until release.

I also wouldn't be surprised if there were no more characters offered for DLC after launch.

Setting my sights low 8)

.la1n

If they give us a Jill alternate costume that looks like her Resident Evil 1 suit then all shall be forgiven (as far as what they have done to Jill anyway.)

The Dante paranoia is getting a little ridiculous. If he were as bad as Haggar or Arthur I'd honestly be afraid for Seth and the crew.

jeez
GatorBait said:
Hopefully high-level players give the Capcom representatives an earful at EVO about Dante being nerfed into a cookie-cutter combo character. He was one of the most interesting fighting game characters I've ever seen because of his versatility. He is a perfect representation of MvC3 being the "sandbox" of the fighting game genre. I don't want to see him end up as a character who uses the same bnb combo every time, thus rendering a majority of his massive special move list worthless.
Gotta chill for a second before calling for a revolution. We are still months away from release and Dante is still one of their bigger characters in and out of the game. Calling for restraint on Capcom's part is reasonable, but asking the best of the best to start making fools of themselves without more exposure to the character seems downright silly.
Karsticles said:
Air combat in general will be dangerous now against characters with good air throws. On more than one occasion someone would attack someone in the air, their opponent would block, XFC the blockstun, and then air throw into a hyper for a dead character.
Yeah, no doubt about that. It's just going to get easier to zone folks like Haggar as it is. He'll be better off compared to most of the cast thanks to his health, but it don't mean much if he does not receive some tools that let him get in on people.

.la1n said:
If they give us a Jill alternate costume that looks like her Resident Evil 1 suit then all shall be forgiven (as far as what they have done to Jill anyway.)
She'll still have the same moveset though :(

HOLD THE PHONE...!?

Haggar's crouching H can hit OTG now? Unless you were trying to say the input for his standing pipe or something then thats his dropkick that we use currently as a way to force him into a roll for a go behind. That thing is cancelable into launcher!
Yeah, I saw it hit OTG on the stream when a masher was playing. I hope it lets Mayor solo relaunch (also, maybe it would let him combo off of his piledriver?).

This is a question that should have been asked of S-Kill, haha. Why?

Karsts I would definitely like to have some "general mechanics change" stuff in it as well if you can provide it. Will edit them in as soon as I get them.
You'll want to check the colors I posted for TACs before adding this. I would, but my work computer's internet is garbage (30 minutes for a 3 minute video, I kid you not).

General Changes:
X-Factor:
X-Factor is now usable in the air, which means aerial hyper combos are now X-Factor-able, you can instantly recover after breaking a Aerial Exchange, you can cancel aerial blockstun, survive chip damage on an incoming character at low health, etc.

X-Factor boosts are now standardized; all characters receive the same boost when activating X-Factor. Characters which did not receive a speed boost in MvC3, such as Hulk, will now receive one. However, characters such extreme power boosts, such as Sentinel, are now toned down. X-Factor still scales based on the number of remaining characters on your team, but it appears as though X-Factor one boosts are either very minimal or non-existent now.

Team Aerial Combos (TACs):
In MvC3, an upward TAC provided a damage boost, a sideways TAC provided half a bar of meter, and a downward TAC provided a full bar of meter. In UMvC3, upward TACs appear to be unchanged, sideways TACs now drain a bar of meter from your opponent, and downward TACs provide meter.

New to TACs now is a color-identification system. When a TAC takes place, the character being hit will briefly flash one of three colors: red (up), green (side), or blue (down). The flashed color is an indication of which direction the TAC was made, making TAC counters based more on reaction time than luck. Several players have also reported that TAC counter time is longer than in MvC3 in accompaniment with this change.

Whether hitstun scaling is negated post-TAC until your incoming character touches the ground is unknown, but several post-TAC combos which work in MvC3 were seen dropping on-screen, such as Sentinel's Rocket Punch series. This may have been due to execution errors or changes in attack frames, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom