• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (PS3/360 - Nov. 15) [Up: Entire Roster Leaked, Art In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dahbomb said:
Man East Coat vs West Coast at Seasons Beating is going to be FREE as hell just like last time only this time probably. Only two people from East Coast have defeated Combofiend and Justin Wong in an extended set of some sort... PRBalrog and MarlinPie.

You know this shit is free when Combofiend owns the captain of EC 5-0.
Not having Chris G on the team is a crime.

Was kind of afraid they would reveal the trailers on Friday and introduce that build to NYCC on the following Saturday..if the trailers pop up tomorrow, that means that new build will be on the show floor for Thursday...right? =D

Edit - Huzzah for new Assist Me!

Kimosabae

Banned
East Coast has been a disappointment ever since Wong left, and it's only gotten worse. Can't put my finger on it, but East Coast just doesn't seem focused enough to be successful at these games.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Hyperfludd said:
Was kind of afraid they would reveal the trailers on Friday and introduce that build to NYCC on the following Saturday..if the trailers pop up tomorrow, that means that new build will be on the show floor for Thursday...right? =D

Edit - Huzzah for new Assist Me!

Erm. I heard that Niitsuma confirmed no PW for build @ NYCC, but if you are going on Thursday. Please let me know! :)

LeMaximilian said:
I love how quickly heartless spire comes out as an assist. You also did a fantastic job of pitching Firebrand too. Those flight cancels and that level 3 are freaking insane now that I understand how they function. Felicia wishes she had that for Kitty helper haha.

You might want to use a little Aloe Vera that has been cooled if you want those burns to heal. ;)
Kimosabae said:
East Coast has been a disappointment ever since Wong left, and it's only gotten worse. Can't put my finger on it, but East Coast just doesn't seem focused enough to be successful at these games.
Is Mahvel bigger on the West Coast overall? I've always assumed that this was the case.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
awesome vid, Danm Speed boost + Baby Firebrand lol oh mahvel.

Max isnt clear enough on the grabs, whether they have throw or hit properties

Great stuff Max. I'm not sure how I feel about Firebrand's air mobility being done via motion inputs, but that's some ridiculous mobility he has. He'll definitely be a great replacement for Phoenix as my point character. Especially since he'll be just as scary with 5 bars as she is, it seems. I'm disappointed in the wall cling though; I thought he'd be able to chill on the wall while spitting fire.

I'm dying to send you my huge list of questions... :-O

i had no idea Firebrand burned meter during his speed up hyper
He doesn't. He can still gain meter, is what he said. So, as long as you're getting a combo from your Luminous Body, and can build one meter per combo, you'll be able to keep it up all the time, unlike Wolverine.

I'm contemplating using it right at the start of my matches, and then letting Dark Harmonizer keep it up permanently.

Dahbomb

Kimosabae said:
True ... it's hard to pin point the problem.

I just feel that for the most part EC is just behind in the meta game of MVC3. Only 4 people who seem to "get" MVC3's meta are PRBalrog, ChrisG, Noel and MarlinPie. MarlinPie is in fact AHEAD of the meta and it's only now that the meta is catching up to him. Then there is the fact that the number of Phoenix players in EC is really low and the number of She Hulk/Spencer/Taskmaster players even lower. WC players do better against Combofiend because they know the match ups... EC players get owned for free against Spencer.

Other EC players just appear to be stuck in MVC2 mentality. I see so many EC players tri-jump with H randomly and get air throw because that's not what you are supposed to do in MVC3. There is a much lower emphasis on air throw game unless Wesker is involved. Plus so many EC players are pringles to Wolverine because they don't know how to space him properly.

Watching Max video as I speak.

robut said:
I thought he said he gained meter.
He did and that honestly scared me half to death.

:(
Dahbomb said:

I just feel that for the most part EC is just behind in the meta game of MVC3. Only 4 people who seem to "get" MVC3's meta are PRBalrog, ChrisG, Noel and MarlinPie. MarlinPie is in fact AHEAD of the meta and it's only now that the meta is catching up to him. Then there is the fact that the number of Phoenix players in EC is really low and the number of She Hulk/Spencer/Taskmaster players even lower. WC players do better against Combofiend because they know the match ups... EC players get owned for free against Spencer.

Other EC players just appear to be stuck in MVC2 mentality. I see so many EC players tri-jump with H randomly and get air throw because that's not what you are supposed to do in MVC3. There is a much lower emphasis on air throw game unless Wesker is involved. Plus so many EC players are pringles to Wolverine because they don't know how to space him properly.

A lot of the folks here on the EC that I know just kept blabbing on and on about Mahvel 2 being the greatest thing ever and didn't bother to learn MvC3 because they weren't hot shit anymore. It was getting really frustrating and I'm the only one in my group besides a friend that doesn't act like that.

I wouldn't be surprised if the lack of interest were also related to a lack of talent.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Making 'Assist Me!'...it's rough man...
itsroughmanmrbh.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Not done watching yet, but it appears they removed Ghost Rider's 1/2 meter gain after Penance Stare. One other level 3 had it too (Vergil? I don't remember), so I hope that's gone completely.

Lol at that pic of Max. Right click + Save.

Dahbomb said:

I'd throw MastaCJ in there as well. Some of the Ammy sword combos he was pulling off at the Break last night were absurd.

Dahbomb

I told you guys in my previous "top 10" OP post about Firebrand's meter gaining during Luminous Body and Ghost Rider Heartless Spire (esp as an assist).

Especially Firebrand... WTF why does he get meter off of that? That is absolute bull shit and it stacks with the LVL3. 0_0! Firebrand is going to take a while to learn his air mobility but once he does he is going to be a monster. The only thing I can take solace in (like I said last time) is that his normals aren't GODLIKE and his damage is OK at best, nothing spectacular.

Also I already have a ton of ideas for extending Ghost Rider combos with assists and using his numerous chain throw stuff... should be able to squeeze in 700K damage with him by day 5 using 1 bar. I definitely like that the Heartless Spire is useful for setting up resets because I love my resets.

I only have a couple questions that I feel should've been addressed. Does Ghost Rider Bike hyper have super armor or invulnerability? I have seen it go through stuff. Sorry no Youtube account or web cam to post in the Q&A.

I also want to confirm whether Hell Fire persists on the screen even if Ghost Rider is hit.

I have questions about Firebrand but.... I don't want to know the answer to those. >_>

Dahbomb said:
I only have a couple questions that I feel should've been addressed. Does Ghost Rider Bike hyper have super armor or invulnerability? I have seen it go through stuff. Sorry no Youtube account or web cam to post in the Q&A.

I also want to confirm whether Hell Fire persists on the screen even if Ghost Rider is hit.

I have questions about Firebrand but.... I don't want to know the answer to those. >_>
I'm actually curious about which hyper he uses for THC when his assist is heartless spire. I really really really hope it is the bike hyper...

Dahbomb

Why no new character teaser at the end of the video? :(

Although my guess is Nemesis and Strange due to the Wesker appearance.

Frantic said:
So good. You playing Ghost Rider is the best thing ever, lol.

Ghost Rider is looking really good, I have to admit. Not so sure about him being overpowered, but he looks high tier at the least. Firebrand is already scaring me, too - why can he build meter during his power up? D:
He must build meter because it ain't Mahvel without tears.

Dahbomb

Ghost Rider is fine as of now. He has clear weaknesses and he has to have assists with him to keep the pressure up, extend his combos for more damage and general protection. I know quite a bit of his moves cause a lot of push block including his hyper. He's annoying as hell but he is going to be used a lot because his assists range from REALLY good to S tier level. If Heartless Spire also persists after Ghost Rider is hit that shit is the new Tron.

Frantic

SolarPowered said:
He must build meter because it ain't Mahvel without tears.
Make Dante and Vergil's Devil Trigger build meter while activated, flood the earth with tears.

Dahbomb said:
Ghost Rider is fine as of now. He has clear weaknesses and he has to have assists with him to keep the pressure up, extend his combos for more damage and general protection. I know quite a bit of his moves cause a lot of push block including his hyper. He's annoying as hell but he is going to be used a lot because his assists range from REALLY good to S tier level. If Heartless Spire also persists after Ghost Rider is hit that shit is the new Tron.
Oh most definitely. His assists look really good. I'm definitely going to be using a lot of Ghost Rider when Ultimate drops. :p

I told you guys in my previous "top 10" OP post about Firebrand's meter gaining during Luminous Body and Ghost Rider Heartless Spire (esp as an assist).

Especially Firebrand... WTF why does he get meter off of that? That is absolute bull shit and it stacks with the LVL3. 0_0! Firebrand is going to take a while to learn his air mobility but once he does he is going to be a monster. The only thing I can take solace in (like I said last time) is that his normals aren't GODLIKE and his damage is OK at best, nothing spectacular.
Firebrand creating salt before the game is even released?! :-O

The Luminous Body stacking with his helper is hilarious. He can probably lock down Phoenix (or anyone else) with that and get mix-ups all day.

Firebrand gets meter from Luminous Body because it's not in the "combo creating" category. Characters like Wolverine and Dante don't get meter because their self-buffs give them the ability to open opponents up in ways that they didn't have before. Firebrand doesn't have the sort of mix-ups those guys have with his, and I think that's the logic behind it.

I have a list of 15 questions if you want to add to it...

Edit: It looks to me like Ghost Rider is really going to need a strong anti-air, because he just doesn't have a lot of options to cover that space well.

Dahbomb

Man Capcom had to make SS non-meter gaining, have no block damage AND make the 2nd formation another meter just to balance that hyper. Imagine if that hyper gained you meter during it (even just Vergil's hit gave you meter).

Firebrand gets meter from Luminous Body because it's not in the "combo creating" category. Characters like Wolverine and Dante don't get meter because their self-buffs give them the ability to open opponents up in ways that they didn't have before. Firebrand doesn't have the sort of mix-ups those guys have with his, and I think that's the logic behind it.
Any hyper that buffs up your speed means your ability to open up the opponent just got better and faster speed means different/better combos.

It looks to me like Ghost Rider is really going to need a strong anti-air, because he just doesn't have a lot of options to cover that space well.
? Full screen anti-air = DP+M. Mid screen anti-air = j.H and launcher. Close range anti-air = Heartless Spire aka the best anti-air move in the game + anti-air Hell Fire. Only space that he doesn't cover well enough is the area right behind/above him where some teleports occur. That's an area that Trish's Peakaboo assist covers very well in my experience playing as Chris/Deadpool.

Firebrand creating salt before the game is even released?! :-O
Only among a very few select people paying close attention. It's like how SRK is always salty over Zero despite him not really winning any tournaments. Maybe Firebrand ends up that way... good on paper but tough to win tourneys with him.

Any hyper that buffs up your speed means your ability to open up the opponent just got better and faster speed means different/better combos. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO DEFEND THIS!
That's not what I'm talking about. What I mean is that Wolverine can do Berserker Slash -> Berserker Charge. Without Berserker Charge, Berserker Slash could just be canceled into Berserker Barrage X for mediocre damage. In a sense, the damage you get from Berserker Charge IS the hyper's damage, and it wouldn't make much sense if you could gain meter from it as well.

Firebrand doesn't have any sort of use for Luminous Body similar to that, it's just a general speed boost, so it's more acceptable for him to build meter.

Hypers that allow you to keep building meter but do not persist on tag-out:
Astral Vision, Kitty's Helper, Silent Kill, Healing Field, Chaos Dimension

Hypers that persist on tag-out but prevent meter building while active:
Devil Trigger, Vale of Mist, Sougenmu, Rimoukon, Berserker Charge

Hypers that allow you to keep building meter and persist on tag-out:
Viewtiful God Hand, Golden Armor, Mad Beast
Looking at this list always helps me categorize the boost. It's definitely not as strong as Sougenmu or Vale of Mist. In my head, I pair each one with Dark Harmonizer, and ask myself: how ridiculous would this be if the character could be permanently self-buffed? Sougenmu and Vale of Mist would be essentially unbeatable, but I don't think that's the case for Luminous Body.

It could definitely turn out to be ridiculously OP - don't misread me, I'm aware of how startling it is to find out he builds meter. I'm just trying to comprehend Capcom's line of reasoning.

? Full screen anti-air = DP+M. Mid screen anti-air = j.H and launcher. Close range anti-air = Heartless Spire aka the best anti-air move in the game + anti-air Hell Fire. Only space that he doesn't cover well enough is the area right behind/above him where some teleports occur. That's an area that Trish's Peakaboo assist covers very well in my experience playing as Chris/Deadpool.
When I say "strong" anti-air, I mean one that covers the superjump range. Ghost Rider looks like he's going to have problems against characters that can stay in the air and be pains in the ass, like Trish.

Only among a very few select people paying close attention. It's like how SRK is always salty over Zero despite him not really winning any tournaments. Maybe Firebrand ends up that way... good on paper but tough to win tourneys with him.
It'll be interesting to see if people go right to easymode characters on release or try to up their game since we're starting fresh yet also have a strong fundamental. I remember in that first month of release, we saw so many crazy teams; I'm hoping we'll at least have a month of that post-release for interesting stream watching.

I'm still 100% set on Firebrand/Dormammu/Morrigan. Permanent Luminous Body is going to be hilarious fun. Also I'm becoming much more certain that Chaotic Flame -> Luminous Body will lead to a full combo. I mean a blank Chaotic Flame, not one after a long combo.

Something like this seems possible to me:
Chaotic Flame -> Luminous Body, Bon Voyage, combo

Bon Voyage is full-screen with Luminous Body up, and Chaotic Flame causes a soft knockdown if it's done without any hitstun decay from a combo.

Briarios

robut said:
sethkillian Seth Killian
My advice to everyone waiting for new announcements: "Hold it!"

Clearly, it either means he doesn't want us to pee .... or -- he's hinting at the big reveal coming up: NOVA!

... Or, you know, that other guy that yells "hold it!" all the time ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom