• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (PS3/360 - Nov. 15) [Up: Entire Roster Leaked, Art In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

That's not what I'm talking about. What I mean is that Wolverine can do Berserker Slash -> Berserker Charge. Without Berserker Charge, Berserker Slash could just be canceled into Berserker Barrage X for mediocre damage. In a sense, the damage you get from Berserker Charge IS the hyper's damage, and it wouldn't make much sense if you could gain meter from it as well.
How do you know that for sure? Why can't he do OTG Flame Carpet, Luminous Body relaunch? Or ground Dive forward (L or M) and cancel into Luminous Body before bouncing back or going through? Not saying these may be possible but I wouldn't quite discount the fact that the Luminous Body can be used to make combos that wouldn't otherwise be possible.

I also heard Seth say stuff about buff specials/new specials? Anyway I see your reasoning and logic behind this. I think this utility hyper needs more research and lab time but to me it is leaning more towards the "better" utility hypers that don't gain you meter.

When I say "strong" anti-air, I mean one that covers the superjump range. Ghost Rider looks like he's going to have problems against characters that can stay in the air and be pains in the ass, like Trish.
Ah I see... that's definitely true though. I think Hidden Missiles is going to be one of the day 1 pairings with Ghost Rider. So annoying...

It'll be interesting to see if people go right to easymode characters on release or try to up their game since we're starting fresh yet also have a strong fundamental. I remember in that first month of release, we saw so many crazy teams; I'm hoping we'll at least have a month of that post-release for interesting stream watching.
There should be a lot of new interesting teams to see but I expect domination of older characters and teams especially the buffed ones. Unless one of the new characters end up being really good fundamentally like Vergil and Hawkeye are that allows them to be competitive day 1. Should be an interesting ride to say the least.

How do you know that for sure? Why can't he do OTG Flame Carpet, Luminous Body relaunch? Or ground Dive forward (L or M) and cancel into Luminous Body before bouncing back or going through?
Firebrand can already relaunch from OTG Fireball solo; he doesn't need Luminous Body. He uses it to get full combos off of his air throws.

He can also solo relaunch twice as I shall express below:
c.LMHS, sj.MMH, Dive Kick, fly-cancel, s.S, sj.MMH, Bon Voyage, s.S, sj.S

If he can OTG Fireball, Luminous Body into a third relaunch, it's just going to be into sj.S, because at this point hitstun decay will be massive.

Diving forward and canceling into Luminous Body is not a mix-up like Berserker Slash is, it's just a charge attack. It seems like a waste of meter to me. Reports are that Bon Voyage is safe on block, so if you want to make a charging attack that leads into a full combo, why not save a whole bar of meter and Bon Voyage?

I also heard Seth say stuff about buff specials/new specials? Anyway I see your reasoning and logic behind this. I think this utility hyper needs more research and lab time.
Yeah, Luminous Body buffs his specials, but it's not clear how except for Bon Voyage, which goes from about half screen to full screen it looks like. I didn't notice any difference in his fireballs in the various videos I watched except for the fact that they're faster (duh, haha). The rest of his specials haven't really been given enough attention to know what goes on with them.

However, one thought I had is that Demon Missile H (the swoop) causes a spinning knockdown against airborne opponents until auto-recovery and then puts him in flight state. We know for a fact that Firebrand recovers fast enough normally to lead this into a full combo, so maybe, with Luminous Body, he can link Demon Missiles together? That might be his go-to Luminous Body combo.

There should be a lot of new interesting teams to see but I expect domination of older characters and teams especially the buffed ones. Unless one of the new characters end up being really good fundamentally like Vergil and Hawkeye are that allows them to be competitive day 1. Should be an interesting ride to say the least.
We should all take a guess at what the first team to win a major tournament will be after the reveals are all done.

Dahbomb

Well Bon Voyage ups the damage scale too much to be used as a combo initiator. With the dive forward move you limit the hits, save the wall bounce and still get a full combo off of it if you cancel it into Luminous Body (if it even cancels into it). I didn't say anything about a cross up/mix up just a hit confirm that would otherwise not yield much.

Again, without lab time/research it's hard to comment. All I know is that I have my eye on Firebrand just like I have my eye on quite a lot of characters. In fact I have been eyeballing Firebrand since his reveal. QisTopTier gets it too.

Winning team is hard as hell to predict even winning single character. If you had to point a gun at me and say who would win with what team... I would say that Clockw0rk with Strider/Vergil/Doom has the best bet but it's just a blank shot in the dark. Who knows what Justin/Combofiend find out in the lab with UMVC3.

Don't believe his lies.
Remember Sammy Jankis...

Well Bon Voyage ups the damage scale too much to be used as a combo initiator.
No way! It's like a Chaotic Flame, but it builds meter instead of using it! ;-) It's certainly not the IDEAL initiator, but you can bet your butt that any time my opponent whiffs anything I'm going to Bon Voyage his ass into oblivion.

With the dive forward move you limit the hits, save the wall bounce and still get a full combo off of it if you cancel it into Luminous Body. I didn't say anything about a cross up/mix up just a hit confirm that would otherwise not yield much.
Personally, with my team, I would rather save the meter for Dormammu and have my combo do ~100K less damage. It's not a big deal in the long run.

I see Demon Missile M as primarily being used for mix-ups. At least that's how I intend it.

c.LMH, call Dark Hole, Demon Missile M, Dark Hole crosses up, Bon Voyage into a full combo.

Winning team is hard as hell to predict even winning single character. If you had to point a gun at me and say who would win with what team... I would say that Clockw0rk with Strider/Vergil/Doom has the best bet but it's just a blank shot in the dark. Who knows what Justin/Combofiend find out in the lab with UMVC3.
What about Dios X? Haha.

Dahbomb

I still haven't seen any high quality trailer with Vergil in it. :(

I always thought that Vergil vs Ghost Rider would make a perfect match up in a high quality CG trailer. They ditched Dante/Deadpool from vanilla which I thought was perfect as well for Dante/Ghost Rider in UMVC3.

TDLink

~Devil Trigger~ said:
nah. i mean in motion

Like so

I don't think we're getting one of those for Ultimate. The still CG image thing is what we get instead for the game intro. I think. I would love to be wrong about this but I am pretty sure Seth confirmed this is the case in an interview.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
TDLink said:
I don't think we're getting one of those for Ultimate. The still CG image thing is what we get instead for the game intro. I think. I would love to be wrong about this but I am pretty sure Seth confirmed this is the case in an interview.

It looks okay, but compared to those very nice action packed videos it feels very meager.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The "Hold it" is only another joke after the Objection, I think.
Come on, tomorrow is THE day.

TDLink

Nils said:
It looks okay, but compared to those very nice action packed videos it feels very meager.

Oh I completely agree, just saying, I am pretty sure that is how it is. I really would have loved another full motion CGI short with all the new characters, it sucks it probably isn't happening.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lucky Number Seven Force said:
I'm guessing Capcom's CG guys are more focused on the SFxT trailers at the moment.
More focused on SFxT in general by the looks of.. Everything.

EDIT: Sorry about double post.

There's not gonna be another motion trailer, we would've seen it teased ages ago like the new one we are getting (the still frames). I like it, personally. Seth was talking about it recently and said on paper he thought it was lame until he saw it executed. I like the detail and drama of it.

I just felt like posting my Firebrand questions I have for Max; anyone have anything to add?

If Firebrand does launcher, sj.MMH, Bon Voyage, and then j.S, does the j.S spike his opponent?

What are the inputs for Firebrand’s fireballs while wall clinging? Can he do any other moves off of the wall cling? Can he call assists while clinging? How long can he cling for?

If Firebrand has used his wall bounce, does Bon Voyage cause a soft or a hard knockdown?

What sorts of follow-ups can Firebrand get off of his Demon Dash M and Demon Dash attacks H, if any?

Can Firebrand get full solo combos off of his ground throw?

What is the durability on his fireballs? (i.e. what happens when they clash with a Hadoken?)

Does dive kick canceled into flight leave Firebrand with enough frame advantage that he can pretty much dive kick lockdown until his opponent decides to pushblock?

Is Bon Voyage safe on block?

What happens if Bon Voyage hits an assist, or hits an assist plus a character?

If you launch and spike immediately, can Firebrand pick up a character via his OTG fireball? Visually, I am thinking of something like Super-Skrull’s advanced relaunch combos.

Does Luminous Body’s speed boost open up the possibility for any new combos? For example, since Firebrand’s aerial Swoop attacks cause what seems to be a spinning knockdown with auto-recovery at some point, can he loop swoops? What about looping something like his OTG fireball, where you use the ability, dash forward, repeat?

How fast are Firebrand’s flight-cancels? (compare to another character if you can)

Can you control Firebrand’s level 3 helper while Firebrand is in blockstun or hitstun?

What do you feel makes Firebrand’s flight mode stand out from others? This has been something that Seth Killian mentioned in the past. Can he cancel into flight multiple times while in the air, staying aloft for a long time? Can he cancel into flight through his projectiles?

What is the difference between Firebrand’s three Bon Voyage commands, especially while he is in the air?

Guys, I hope you're going to be hype for me. Just like you did with dahbomb and Vergil, and shaowebb and Iron Fist. That friend of mine is coincidentally here and chances are I'll not meet her for a few years afterwards, so of course she's important to me. But so is Rocky. Hence I need you guys to keep the hype until I arrive at home.

eidrian said:
Game has new CGs. ;)

tumblr_lgihd8AWZ01qbhyqgo1_400.jpg

Becquerel said:
Guys, I hope you're going to be hype for me. Just like you did with dahbomb and Vergil, and shaowebb and Iron Fist. That friend of mine is coincidentally here and chances are I'll not meet her for a few years afterwards, so of course she's important to me. But so is Rocky. Hence I need you guys to keep the hype until I arrive at home.

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgihd8AWZ01qbhyqgo1_400.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I will hold the fort for thee *off to find RR Hype Pictures*

Grecco

Becquerel said:

tumblr_lgihd8AWZ01qbhyqgo1_400.jpg

Dat hype will last till November 14

Khal_B

Akihabara said:
How many hours left till the release ? It's getting late here and I want to know when I should sleep haha.

We should still have a while to go again until any reveals. Get some rest and wake up to a nice surprise. :)

So does that mean the two revealed characters will be Rocket Raccoon and Phoenix Wright (who the twitter posts were alluding to anyway)? Pity, I wanted some Nova action but I'll take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom