• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Spiderman DS screens

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
ultimate-spider-man-20050715045621270.jpg

ultimate-spider-man-20050715045621676.jpg

ultimate-spider-man-20050715045621989.jpg

ultimate-spider-man-20050715045622317.jpg

Mupepe

Banned
I don't think it looks that bad, especially not for a DS game. Nowhere near on par with the other systems, but it's still nice for the DS. Although the earlier screenshots looked a whole lot better.

Andy787

Banned
Mupepe said:
I don't think it looks that bad, especially not for a DS game. Nowhere near on par with the other systems, but it's still nice for the DS.
Why are people perfectly ok with this? I'll never understand this mentality. Either something looks good, or it doesn't. It doesn't matter if the system is as powerful as a cell phone, or as powerful as an Xbox 360, we're at the point now where each system is perfectly capable of doing things that look good for any system.

Andy787 said:
Why are people perfectly ok with this? I'll never understand this mentality. Either something looks good, or it doesn't. It doesn't matter if the system is as powerful as a cell phone, or as powerful as an Xbox 360, we're at the point now where each system is perfectly capable of doing things that look good for any system.

you just keep entering the DS threads and its always the same thing....trolling trolling and trolling......i guess then pple have been wrong with the GBA too right??just shut up...

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
yeah Andy's trolling is getting old, at least Drinky's trolling is entertaining. Anyway to be on-topic, I don't expect this game to be any good looks decent nothing bad and nothing amazing.

Andy787 said:

So using that logic, my GBA ought to be pumping out PS2 graphics?

My mind boggles.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Looks good.
Got to see it in motion though... anyway, I bet the game'll turn out to be complete crap, and I'll never buy a game like this for my DS.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
it looks like they are using the second screen as a "cutscene" screen that plays throughout the level, much better than the "pick your attacks" crap the first spiderman game used.

aoi tsuki

Technically it looks poor, but i like the visual style, despite the fact that the shots look like they've been saturated a bit more than normal.

Looks pretty good, but it seems again like it's a GBA style game with better graphics and some gimmicky touch screen uses. Most developers still aren't using the two screens with any creativity. Spiderman 2 DS sold pretty well though, so they probably decided not to mess with it too much.

Amir0x

Banned
Man, that doesn't look bad at all. I don't think I'd buy this version because I intend to get it for one of the consoles, but visually it's nice for the lil' DS that could.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks pretty good, but it seems again like it's a GBA style game with better graphics and some gimmicky touch screen uses.

Isn't that exactly what the DS is -- a marginally improved GBA with slightly better graphics and some gimmicky touch screen uses? I haven't seen a single DS game that disproves that.

siege

Banned
Drinky Crow said:
Isn't that exactly what the DS is -- a marginally improved GBA with slightly better graphics and some gimmicky touch screen uses? I haven't seen a single DS game that disproves that.

...and online play later this year.

It doesn't matter what the system is as long as it pumps out fun games. And I would say Kirby's use of the touch screen is far from "gimmicky." Even if you dislike the game, the touchscreen is absolutely vital to it.

CoolTrick

Banned
Yeah, but they just copied online play from Sony and the PSP.

I guess it is tit for tat though cause Sony obviously copied the handheld idea from Nintendo.

A stupid, weak troll in response to a stupid, weak troll.

Shao

I love alot of graphics on GBA, and I like alot of graphics so far on DS, its all about how the developers make games and styles which suit the machine.

I really hope 3D capabilities dont make people go 3D just for the sake of it, 2D and 2D gameplay is ultra succesful on a handheld platform and I would be satisfied to never see that change.

Hence, Spiderman DOES look like crap, also disappointed thay they havent shown any interesting uses for new technology. No reason why a different approach couldnt be realised with the spiderman franchise.

Andy787 said:

Graphics really aren't that big of a deal.

TheDiave

Banned
Lookin' good! I haven't played Spider-man 2 on the DS, but if this one's any good, I may give it a look. After all, if there's one thing Vicarious Visions knows, it's how to make a portable game. Look at the GBA Tony Hawk games!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Drinky Crow said:
who copied the GB Camera, the analog stick, the Dpad, shoulder buttons, face buttons, rumble, connectivity, and a handheld from Nintendo. ^_^

temp

posting on contract only
happyfunball said:
It actually looks like you are playing as Venom in those shots
All right, then why is Venom talking in the third person? I've never read the comics, so I don't know if he's some really stuck-up super villain or anything.

D

dicklaurent

Unconfirmed Member
Don't know about 'stuck-up', but Venom ain't exactly the quickest mick in the bar-brawl, "hic!"

gotta rhyme, yo

Well, VV's last Spidey for DS looked a whole lot better in motion than in screenshots. Played like crap though, so I hope they've turned around for Ultimate.

koam

Andy787 said:

Because we play graphics?

D

dicklaurent

Unconfirmed Member
We do play graphics.. well, I play graphics at least.

Jado

Banned
Drinky, you must be ignoring the good games in order to continue saying that.

If anyone has played Spider-Man 2 on DS they'd know that while the game itself isn't good, the graphics do look pretty nice. 3D characters and stages on a 2D plane. Everything looks sharp and moves along at a smooth 60 FPS. A map for the huge stages and some mission variety would've made it a genuinely good buy.

I'd say the still shots for this game are deceiving, much like still shots for several other DS titles we've seen such as Sonic Rush and the aforementioned Spidey 2. I'll just wait for a gameplay video.

Donnie

Either you don't understand the word "marginally" or your a crazy troll:

4.jpg

GBA

metroid-prime-hunters-20050515004737620.jpg

DS

The difference between GBA and DS is at least a generation (SNES to N64).

koam

dicklaurent said:
Enjoy your audio-games, bucko.

Why would I enjoy my audio games? I'm fine with any graphics if the gameplay is good. It must really suck not being able to play classic games, but ah well, I'm sure you'll have fun playing only Unreal Engine 3 games next gen.

D

dicklaurent

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sorry you didn't get it. Also, I apologise. :)

Zeo

Banned
Drinky Crow said:

ROFL.

I don't think you've ever said anything so stupid.

Because we all know that PSP was the first online handheld.

Hell, Sony created the internet.

Anyway, the graphics in this look pretty good I guess. Better than the boring (but nice) graphics in Spider-Man 2.

SM2 was a shame too. I bought it because I thought it would end up nice, but it was the definition of average. A 5.0/6.0 game at best.

Here's hoping they fix the gameplay in the new one.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Drinky Crow said:
Drinky, that's the worst troll you've ever done. :lol

as3.jpg

Lol guys the PSP is just a marginally improved GBA with some gimmicky multimedia functions :lol

Top Bottom