• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4 is much, much better now. Bless.

Alec

How does a refund work with digital stuff? Do they remove the license? How will they be able to refund you?
It goes back into your PSN wallet. They take away the license and it just disappears from your download list.

AmyS

I guess this is maybe a few hours old now by the time I'm seeing & posting this, but, Finally -- Polygon weighs in:

Ultra Street Fighter 4's PlayStation 4 port has some problems.

VIA Shoryuken

Edit 1:

We've reached out to Sony Computer Entertainment and Capcom reps for comment and will update with any new information.

Ultra Street Fighter 4's PS4 version, which was handled by iDARB developer Other Ocean Interactive, is slated to be at this year's Evo Championship Series as the primary platform for tournament matches.

Kei-

They had control over who was going to port it. They could have done it themselves to make sure it was up to snuff but they chose to be lazy.
So yes crapcom

I thought Sony published this so they provided the budget for the developer and chose the developer I'd imagine. How is this Capcom's fault? They weren't being lazy, they were developing Street Fighter 5 instead.

The brutal lag is the same in all regions. I live in Spain and with good connection can not play with another of my town. This game needs a super patch

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I thought Sony published this so they provided the budget for the developer and chose the developer I'd imagine. How is this Capcom's fault? They weren't being lazy, they were developing Street Fighter 5 instead.
Are you arguing that Capcom wasn't involved at all with this port of their own property? Because if they were, they share the blame.

Anyone else kinda worried about the about the Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition port?
After the SF4 port I am kinda holding my money this time,
or has it been confirmed to be the real deal? ( I hope so?)

vg260

How did this get released like this without anyone at Capcom seeing it? Just starting up the game and trying to start a match, they should have immediately known something was off.

Not only that but they're forcing this as the tournament standard, yet just passed it off to some third-third party to port?

Doesn't Sony have their own third-party studios? That's who it sounded like was doing this originally.

Was there some sort of massive communication breakdown going on? It's really just baffling.

Anyone else kinda worried about the about the Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition port?

Not worried at all as it's their internal DMC team handling it. But really, best to sit out launch day/week to be sure.

DMC4 is being handled by Capcom internally, USF4 was outsourced to some third party developer.

Meaty

Asking again since it got lost in limbo.

Guys, it appears to me that sony changed the game description on the PSN store. CAn anyone else confirm that?

If so, thats a good argument about the false advertisement the game had. Not only it was false, but sony knew it and changed it.

Kei-

Are you arguing that Capcom wasn't involved at all with this port of their own property? Because if they were, they share the blame.

Sure, they share the blame, but the response I quoted made it sound as though they are the only ones at fault. I don't think they even take the brunt of the blame personally.

There is literally no comparison other than the fact that they are two Capcom properties.

DMC4 is the real deal and there are tons of gameplay videos to back it up

In fact, they are streaming nero gameplay as we speak! http://www.twitch.tv/capcomunity

AmyS

Just posting what that twitter feed currently looks like atm. (hope it's okay just once)

Hv7TpIM.jpg

Dubz

Another disappointing issue is that you can not fully mute the BGM. I tried muting it so I could listen to Spoitfy, and it's still there in the background.

/sadface

BiggNife

I just don't know how you can go out and say "this is the definitive, tournament-standard version of this game" and then release something like this. There wouldn't be nearly as much of an uproar if they didn't hype it up like that and coordinate with EVO. Not saying it would've made the fact that they released a shitty port better, but it really does feel like (to quote gaf lore) Sony shot themselves in the foot.

chronosic

I just don't know how you can go out and say "this is the definitive, tournament-standard version of this game" and then release something like this. There wouldn't be nearly as much of an uproar if they didn't hype it up like that. Not saying it would've made the fact that they released a shitty port better, but it really does feel like (to quote gaf lore) Sony shot themselves in the foot.

It's straight up false advertising which makes it ridiculous that they wont provide refunds.

I just don't know how you can go out and say "this is the definitive, tournament-standard version of this game" and then release something like this. There wouldn't be nearly as much of an uproar if they didn't hype it up like that and coordinate with EVO. Not saying it would've made the fact that they released a shitty port better, but it really does feel like (to quote gaf lore) Sony shot themselves in the foot.

Yeah, it's that and just...the type of game that Street Fighter 4 is.

If, I don't know, they ported Resident Evil 4 to PS4 and it was a bit botched, had visual glitches, and was basically on the level of this port, it would be an annoyance and would be worthy of complaining about, but it wouldn't nearly be as big of a deal because Street Fighter 4 is a huge competitive game. Input lag and other such issues mean way more here than it would in 99% of other games.

You can't get lazy about a port of the biggest fighting game out there.

I have absolutely no interest in this game (or the genre) but I sincerely hope this is fixed as soon as possible. A port this shitty is entirely unacceptable.

Edzi

Seriously though, I'm legit shocked they screwed up this badly. Killed all hype I had for getting into this game. I really hope people keep being loud about this and force Sony/Capcom/whoever to fix it, or at the very least understand how badly they screwed up.

Erigu

And here I was wondering why Capcom wasn't saying anything about a Japanese release... Guess they were wise not to announce a release date.

Skullkid

Are there any other Gen players here?

His hands move feels very weird at times. It's as if the hits don't connect evenly over time. I have played thousands of matches with Gen on PS3 and it feels very different now.

Why wouldn't you hold your money? All these preorders months/years ahead of time are encouraging these kinds of shitty releases. I look on PSN and there's games like uncharted 4 that are up for preorder. "Give us your money before we even tell you when we think the game will be released". That preorder has been there since last E3. And especially with how difficult it is to get a refund for digital games I just don't get why people are so quick to preorder games

Are there any other Gen players here?

His hands move feels very weird at times. It's as if the hits don't connect evenly over time. I have played thousands of matches with Gen on PS3 and it feels very different now.

People have noticed issues with multi-hitting moves like Honda's hand slaps, they don't work properly

Even when USFIV for PS4 wasn't released yet, I had a really bad feeling when they said this version is gonna be the one for Evo a few months ago. I mean betting on a port to be "THE" definitive version just months before the biggest fighting game tournament was just really f'in dumb on Capcom and Sony's(and Evo) part. People been playing on the 360 version at tournaments for years and through many revisions of SFIV, they should at least "thought" of the possibility of the port not being good before just straight up announcing and making it the official port of Evo.....what a screw up.

Rising_Hei

Well, atleast they outsource to shitty devs for ports and not for new games like they did a lot in the past (Ninja Theory doesn't count as shitty)

AmyS

Looking back on this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIxFeq_OvkE

It all seems like a wasted opportunity now.

I hope Sony and Capcom will come together have to get the job we deserve done -- the entire a PS4 port rebuilt from the ground up by a different and far more capable team. Or at least find a successful way to patch what presently exists.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Even when USFIV for PS4 wasn't released yet, I had a really bad feeling when they said this version is gonna be the one for Evo a few months ago. I mean betting on a port to be "THE" definitive version just months before the biggest fighting game tournament was just really f'in dumb on Capcom and Sony's(and Evo) part. People been playing on the 360 version at tournaments for years and through many revisions of SFIV, they should at least "thought" of the possibility of the port not being good before just straight up announcing and making it the official port of Evo.....what a screw up.

It's a requirement to use this port on for the capcom cup, so every major event jumped on. But Mr wizard has went on the record saying if this port isnt up to snuff by evo, they're going to switch back to the 360 version.

It's a requirement to use this port on for the capcom cup, so every major event jumped on. But Mr wizard has went on the record saying if this port isnt up to snuff by evo, they're going to switch back to the 360 version.

Yeah, I remember it being a requirement but I think they jumped the gun way too early just because of this Capcom/Sony exclusive SF thing they got going on nowadays. I get trying to get players hyped up for SFV next year but this really destroys a lot of it with a screw up this bad.

nikos

So I've put 11 hours into the PS4 version and it definitely needs work. Also seems like most people who have been playing since vanilla haven't picked this up yet, as everybody is playing like it's 2008.

I wonder if it's possible to get that 8 frame lag down to 360 delay times among other performance issue fixes in several weeks, it sounds like a lot of code under the hood needs to be refined to get that kind of performance back.

Also lol at sony and capcom not taking care with a port, one which is slated for evo tournaments.

Lucario

I wonder if it's possible to get that 8 frame lag down to 2 among other performance issue fixes in several weeks, it sounds like a lot of code under the hood needs to be refined to get that kind of performance back.

Also lol at sony and capcom not taking care with a port, one which is slated for evo tournaments.

Down to 2 is completely impossible. Even the x360 version has 5.

Also seems like most people who have been playing since vanilla haven't picked this up yet, as everybody is playing like it's 2008.

This, holy shit lol. Between that, glitches, laggy menu's and seemingly mediocre net code, I've had to put it down. Shame as well because I think it looks really pretty, and 1080p is appreciated...but damn.

Top Bottom