• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unannounced PS4 PhyreEngine Port In Development

maverick40

It has to be Demon's Souls.

It is the only 1st game left that is worth a port. I was also convinced it used PhyreEngine

Hype for Demons Souls Remastered!!

tumblr_inline_mfmwwiS31T1qjspyw.gif

Ok whats worth getting hype for that uses Phyre engine, all the big titles i know have already been ported

Here's the picture so more people can see. The reason why people think otherwise is because wikipedia goofed up a few years ago and so many people were misled.

e289f8888fc398451a8f316e3ec19d3e.png

(He's part of the PhyreEngine team at SIE Euro R&D)

I seriously can't believe this. Sony is fucking remastering Gravity Rush, a game that doesn't have the selling power that a Demon's Souls would have. Yeah Yeah, there is GR2 coming but seriously, come one.

Plum

What if the Remaster uses this engine????!!!

That is a possibility, but I'd think that if they were going to do it they'd either just port over the original engine with bumped up graphics or use the Bloodborne/DaS3 engine.

Here's the picture so more people can see. The reason why people think otherwise is because wikipedia goofed up a few years ago and so many people were misled.

Tweet in response to this article:

8c3fd46bffbd597b74cf94d5f1901403.png

Thanks, I edited OP with your post.

Again, sorry :/

maverick40

Yeah it is some obscure japanese game so...BOO!

I seriously can't believe this. Sony is fucking remastering Gravity Rush, a game that doesn't have the selling power that a Demon's Souls would have. Yeah Yeah, there is GR2 coming but seriously, come one.

I still think it will happen. There seems to be a lot of demand, Sony would be mad to not do it.

Drencrom

Yeah, if Gravity Rush could get a Bluepoint remaster, so does Demon's Souls.

jonno394

Yeah, if Gravity Rush could get a Bluepoint remaster, so does Demon's Souls.

The difference being that GR got the remaster to hype the sequel, rather than just letting it drop with most ps4 owners not knowing the franchise. There's reasoning behind it.

Other than appeasing fan clamour, there's no REAL reason to remaster Demon Souls when there are three soulsborne games on the ps4.

We need both but we need Dark Souls more

List of platforms Dark Souls is playable on: PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PC
List of platforms Demon's Souls is playable on: PS3

We need Demon's Souls more. It would have large enough of an audience too with new Dark Souls and Bloodborne fans.

What engine did Puppeteer use? I want it to be Puppeteer so that the remaster becomes a rousing success with the PS4 demographic and we get a sequel as a result.

Thanks, I edited OP with your post.

Again, sorry :/

Thanks, and no worries at all! You certainly weren't the only one who thought DeS used PhyreEngine, many others did too and it didn't seem to crazy to think that anyway, especially with Wikipedia saying so a couple of years ago!

Plum

The difference being that GR got the remaster to hype the sequel, rather than just letting it drop with most ps4 owners not knowing the franchise. There's reasoning behind it.

Other than appeasing fan clamour, there's no REAL reason to remaster Demon Souls when there are three soulsborne games on the ps4.

Surely the fact that the series has a lot of exposure on PS4 would make a remaster sensible? It's guaranteed money!

GeoramA

In terms of beloved PS3 games that haven't been remastered yet, it's pretty much at the top of the list.

I could see Bluepoint tackling it next, or the first two inFamous games.

Kyoufu

I actually find it baffling that Demon's Souls hasn't been re-released on PS4 now that Souls is a big thing.

I'm guessing one thing stopping Sony from doing it is that Bamco/Atlus have overseas publishing rights? If so, boy oh boy what a fuck up.

I actually find it baffling that Demon's Souls hasn't been re-released on PS4 now that Souls is a big thing.

I'm guessing one thing stopping Sony from doing it is that Bamco/Atlus have overseas publishing rights? If so, boy oh boy what a fuck up.

I thought about this and the most logical reason for me is for no remaster, that like RDR, it would be a pain in the ass.

I see Demon's Souls Remaster outstelling the sequel to Gravity Rush.

From what i understand those rights are only for the PS3 version. A PS4 remaster shouldnt be affected by them.
At least thats what i remember being posted by someone else

mieumieu

Sometimes a port may use a completely different engine to act as just a renderer, so it remains to be seen as to what that actually is.

Raist

Banned

They published DS on PS3. That doesn't give them any rights on a remaster, if it happens.
Probably has more to do with From not interested in remaking it, and no one really wanting to go for that. Many of the game's design aspects are quite outdate and it wouldn't be easy to update them without breaking it.

Falcom is still really succesful on Vita, they aren't going to abandon the handheld any time soon. Especially not in the middle of a trilogy.

Oh? I thought i heard somewhere that they said no more games on Vita. must have imagined it. I only just started Cold Steel 1 on Vita but i kidna wish it and 2 were coming to PC since i've got TiS FC (ain't finished that either) on there.

Kyoufu

They published DS on PS3. That doesn't give them any rights on a remaster, if it happens.
Probably has more to do with From not interested in remaking it, and no one really wanting to go for that. Many of the game's design aspects are quite outdate and it wouldn't be easy to update them without breaking it.

The lack of bonfires could be brutal for newer Souls fans today, I guess.

Top Bottom