• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt S2 |OT| Spiderman Too, 2 Many Spidermen (April 15th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
weird cliffhanger but I loved the season. Now the terrible wait begins

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I love Ellie's facial expressions. Like in episode 6 when she is doing the stand-up impression.

tauroxd

I really wish Kymmy would've come back or at least been acknowledged once Kimmy and her mom got together as it felt where they didn't really talk about her but her father gets mentioned. Also it's pretty funny how her mom is someone who was in friends, that got a laugh out of me. The reverend coming up at the end is just really creepy as I feel like there's implied rape in the bunker throughout the series. Thought he was gonna say he was getting out but since he said marriage I'm thinking it might be Kymmy. I wish there would've been more Donna Maria in the present since she's always funny.

I missed (Whole season spoiler)
Kymmy
, I thought that appearance was a given. Hopefully it is a thing for season 3.

carlsojo

I just got to the episode with Tina Fey. I've been rewatching 30 Rock constantly the last like four months, so this version is throwing me off to an INSANE degree.

Especially when she
calls herself "dummy". It made me all nostalgic :(

The opening to episode 10 though... omg.
"Aaaand it was a total bangfest!" the singing delivery killed me.

aparisi2274

I just got to the episodes where
Tina Fey
shows up. Yo when she says to KImmie, "Whats your roommates name again? Titties?, I absolutely LOST IT!

Oh, and when Kimmie [SPOILER}finally lost her shit in the supermarket and punched the carboard standee of the old lady and pulled out an apple and said " I will eat your heart!" was great![/SPOILER]

Also, the episode where Titus and Mikey go to his parents for Sunday dinner. Wow, another solid laugh fest for me.
The fact that his Grandmother was a puppet
, had me rolling!

I seriously love this show!

scarlet

And don't forget the shade

http://www.vulture.com/2016/04/tina-fey-taylor-swift-shade-unbreakable-kimmy-schmidt.html

Fellow binge-watchers, come sit with us underneath the shade tree. If you've reached the ninth episode — and arguably one of the best — of the second season of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, then you might have caught some shade thrown at one mega pop star, Taylor Swift. During the episode, Titus (Tituss Burgess) refuses to allow Kimmy (Ellie Kemper) to use the shower because he is giving his collection of Barbies a perm. Kimmy goes to work as an Uber driver unshowered, where she picks up psychiatrist Andrea Bayden (played by none other than Tina Fey), who gives her drunk advice to put herself before others. Kimmy gets home and tells Titus she's not going to take it anymore, and will take a shower anyway, Barbies be damned. "How could you do this to my Barbies?" Titus wails. "You know there's a special place in hell for women who don't help other women."

TheWorst

"The only person who's ever killed on this show is the hilarious Louie Anderson, and that woman deserved it."

Jeff Goldblum was fucking amazing in that episode.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Episode 7:

Where the bad guys are plants, oh and Marky Mark was there.

Took me a bit to figure out which one he was talking about because it was so bad. I had erased it from my memory.

Asbel

Just finished this season. First episode and Goldblum one were easily the funniest ones of the season. Great season overall. Felt like they really got a feel for the characters. Titus' wife Robocop dancing out.

VanWinkle

Finished it. Quite good. I liked the first season better. I thought Lilian was used too much (I think she works better as a minor character), there wasn't enough Kimmy and Jacqueline together, too much Mimi (though she was funny in some areas), etc. Mostly not enough of some characters and too much of others. I also preferred Titus' story arcs in the first season more than the relationship stuff of the second season. That being said, my least favorite part of season one was Kimmy's "dad" and it was nice to not see that here.

The Goldblum episode was far and away my favorite.

Dice//

Banned
pmWxpK3.gif

4ajRPDo.gif

Currently on the 10th episode but the season has been getting better and better as it goes on, a bit opposite of the first season.

FafaFooey

Lillian's character is hit or miss with me. The first 6 episodes were very meh but after she started her war on hipsters she actually had a decent plot line.

Tina's character has to go asap. "Omg I'm a drunk woman and I talk about drugs and sex and lol". Ugh.

Overall good season but I felt they cramped in too much jokes every second of every episode. It's like they had a jokes per minute monitor and OMG WE NEED MORE JOKES QUICK. Slow down with Kimmy mumbling in herself after every. single. sentence. Couldn't binge watch this in one weekend because it was just too tiring.

Titus <3

SoulUnison

Banned
This season was still some of the best TV comedy around, but it was a weird follow-up to season 1, I felt.

I still don't understand the point of the "Three Months Earlier" cold open to the entire season.
It just...didn't have any sort of pay-off.

Tons of quotable one-liners, but way more inconsistent than the last season was.

Alpha_eX

Really not feeling this, it's trying way too hard.

In episode 2 a joke is made around Kimmy using Siri and it not hearing her properly and then in the next episode, someone calls her to check her 'electronic mail' so she declares she must run to the library to use the internet.

The kicker is, she is then using her iPhone while at the library using the internet.

Small but that really griped me, it just tries way too hard to make the jokes sometimes.

addik

This season was still some of the best TV comedy around, but it was a weird follow-up to season 1, I felt.

I still don't understand the point of the "Three Months Earlier" cold open to the entire season.
It just...didn't have any sort of pay-off.

IMO
It's because Fake Christmas is central to Kimmy's arc in Season 2. After sending the Reverend in prison, Kimmy (and in a meta-sense, the viewers as well) thinks that the worst is over and that she can move on to celebrate with her life (including having fun on Christmas, which she truly missed). Opening with that makes it very clear that Kimmy still has unresolved issues and these will be the "reverends" Kimmy will have to overcome. Thus, when she does, we end the season with an actual Christmas dinner.

My gripe is that the pay-off is too long and it really didn't do much. The show should have played around with that structure because it was an interesting idea, just not well executed.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Episode 11:

Goldblum was fantastic.

I thought you were a good doctor. But you are a creep, like Doc Brown from Back to the Future. Why is he asking a 16-year-old boy to meet him alone in an empty parking lot with a video camera?

Tina Fey stole every single scene she was in. Absolutely fantastic addition to the season.

Finished it last night, super bittersweet. Oddly enough, that Velcro flashback gave me chillbumps. Ellie Kemper sold that reaction so damn well. Like I just felt so incredibly sorry for her in that moment. I mean it was a genuine moment of absolute sadness.

I don't want this show to ever end.

I know many people didn't like it but I loved the courtroom episodes in season 1. Richard Wayne Gary Wayne was hilarious in how easily he manipulated the jury. It's too bad he didn't return in season 2 (well, I have one episode left but I'm not holding my breath).

Binge watched seasons 1-2. Such a great show.

Kimmy Meets a Drunk Lady!
is my favorite episode so far. Titus Burgess and
Tina Fey
are so perfectly on point throughout.

Tetra-9

Just finished ep10 and for the most part have enjoyed it but... Wtf is with all the musical-type bits? It's bringing back s7 Sons of Anarchy montage flashbacks. Everything else has been great though, and I'm loving all the Frasier references

Really enjoyed this season. For some reason the joke that made me REALLY busy a guy was Tina Fey drunk, saying, "No! Me baby! Baby doesn't have to go to sleep!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom