• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt S2 |OT| Spiderman Too, 2 Many Spidermen (April 15th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hope Dong comes back. After the way the last season ended. Kimmy needs to rescue him from his new wife.

And Tina Fey could easily play someone else. I mean how many people did she have Amy Poehler play on 30 Rock? It's all about the disguise. She could do one guest character per season. No one would care as long as the costume is different enough.
Tina Fey is in, but playing someone else
Yeah, I'm hoping he returns. I like Dong and the actor throws in a good performance as one of the better characters in the Maze Runner movies. Don't think he was in any season 1 promotional material, so it might be the case this time around.

I could definitely get behind her dropping in as a completely different character.

So ready for season 2!

enhanced-buzz-30478-1426090990-40.jpg

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I would hope Dong comes back. After the way the last season ended. Kimmy needs to rescue him from his new wife.

Season 2 spoiler:
The season begins with that as a story thread, teasing with the idea if it's ok for Kimmy to be a homewrecker. There's a scene where Kimmy visits Dong and his wife and it's amazing.

Catvoca

Banned
I thought the first season was only ok, so i'm hoping this season shows a big improvement. I imagine having the freedom to make the show through Netflix rather then making it for a network (like the first season originally was) will have a big positive impact on the show, so I'm cautiously optimistic right now.

First season was decent, but I hope it can level up to peak 30 Rock quality this year. With no Jack Donaghy I fear it will never get there.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
The Verge (spoilers in this one):

I still want to spend time with these characters, and I want to watch them grow, even if Kimmy’s experience in the bunker is becoming more and more of a distant memory. That fondness is the surest sign of a comedy’s success, and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt’s second season continues to inspire it.

AV Club:

That isn’t to say Kimmy’s second season isn’t as funny as its first. Like Fey and Robert Carlock’s 30 Rock before it, Kimmy’s comedy is impossibly dense, and there’s a thrill in knowing your hysterical laughter is probably making you miss jokes you’ll be able to revisit later. The show is still jam-packed with goofy one-liners, esoteric pop-culture references, and meta-gags. Not to mention the jokes that combine all three elements, like a Mad Men-themed shout-out to Hamm that will sail right over the heads of anyone who didn’t follow the show. Fey’s comic sensibility is referential as hell, but her shows don’t get enough credit for the amazing jokes that don’t require having committed two decades of pop culture to memory. A metaphor involving biscotti is one of the best bits in the half-dozen episodes screened for critics, the kind of structurally elaborate joke that couldn’t have possibly been captured in a single take.

We got this covered:

Now that Fey and Carlock have the canvas to run rampant with Netflix’s nebulous time restraints, not to mention a newly devout fanbase that knows the ins and outs of every Peeno Noir and Daddy’s Boy by heart, it’s tempting to say some drastic changes were made to Kimmy and the gang this go-around. But, in all honesty, not much has changed. That’s a good and bad thing (it’s mostly good). The show’s second year is comparably weird and its stars are as reliably brilliant as ever but, if anything, Fey and Carlock simply never manage to outdo their opening salvo.

addik

So how does Netflix usually release their stuff? Say I'm from Asia, does Kimmy Schmidt get released here at midnight (It's April 14 here now)? Or do we wait for the US timezones to hit midnight?

First season was decent, but I hope it can level up to peak 30 Rock quality this year. With no Jack Donaghy I fear it will never get there.

Yeah thats never gonna happen. This is more like the last couple seasons of 30 rock....without jack donaghy

It's funny and I love it but 30 rock was on another level imo

Bulzeeb

I tried watching the first episode months ago and I couldn't even finish it because it bored me, should I give it another go?

TripOpt55

Busy week and totally forgot this show was back today/tomorrow. I will probably try and catch an episode before bed if I'm awake when it goes up still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom