• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 MP Beta Thread: Cinematic Murder Testing

pharmboy044 said:
People complaining of this being slow....you do know that there is sprint button? USE IT!
U2 plays 100x better and there is no sprinting.

TheFatOne said:
My ps3 finally died today, or I think it's dead. At least I got to play uncharted this morning.
Lyulf, NOOO!

Who will teamkill us and block doorways now?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
finalozzo said:
the fuck? This is ridiculous, unplayable.
i'm fucking disappointed.

A free beta on day one with servers getting smashed and you're unhappy.

Fucking gamers.

Wario64 said:
The sprint doesn't feel any faster and it limits your movement.
I didn't play a lot of games, due to the weird framerate issue but to me the movement was almost exactly like UC2.

I don't see where this slow complaint is coming from.

Kintaro said:

Fucking gamers.
This happens with nearly every beta, though.

You'd think developers would learn, no?
Conversely: you'd think we'd learn, too?

Norml

Lens of Truth has some screens. http://www.lensoftruth.com/first-look-uncharted-3-multiplayer-beta/

Looks kind of low in resolution or lighting?
mJu8X.jpg

Uncharted 2 from DF for comparison.
Photomode.JPG.jpg

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
wasn't the Killzone 3 public beta completely broken for a week and GG did nothing about it? Hopefully this gets fixed up soon (hopefully the freezing issues are taken care of first.)

yencid

i deleted the beta and am redownloading. I have not been able to connect a single time. havent gotten past the press start menu infact

Finalow

Kintaro said:

Fucking gamers.
yeah, i'm not happy because in an hour i did not play a single match but i got six freeze, if this is the situation don't even release a beta.
it's not unexpected that a lot of gamers will flood servers on day one.

LProtag

yencid said:
i deleted the beta and am redownloading. I have not been able to connect a single time. havent gotten past the press start menu infact

Uh, a lot of people haven't. It's not a problem with the download.

jett

D-Member
Looking at those Lens of Truth screens the image quality looks fine...eh, I guess it's just the menu that's jaggy then.

Well, I managed to fight my way though the constant errors and crashing and finally got in one game of co-op. I'm REALLY disappointed with it. U2's co-op modes were way more fun.

Maybe it was just the map I was on, but I really didn't care for the objectives. Stand in a little zone and fight off a wave? Really?

The controls and shooting don't really feel as good to me either. Granted it's been a while since I've played U1-2, but I did platinum them both and I played U2's MP to level 30-40ish and the beta so I'm pretty comfortable with the series.

TheFatOne

alr1ghtstart said:
TheFatOne
TheLuckyOne (lol)
(Today, 09:02 PM)

Shit this ps3 survived so much. Dropped it once and the blu ray drive stopped working. Eventually it just fixed itself. I have a feeling I will be able to play on this thing a few more times before I get a ylod. I think the rsx is over heating or damaged, but sometimes it will let me play for a while.

RyanardoDaVinci said:
U2 plays 100x better and there is no sprinting.

Lyulf, NOOO!

Who will teamkill us and block doorways now?

I tried to team kill everyone once we started a match on the plane stage. The grenade just flew away lol

the thing that is really bothering me right now and had bothered me about uncharted is the sound effects. After playing BFBC and COD, the guns on in the beta sound so cheap and hollow

LProtag

ThirstyFly said:
Well, I managed to fight my way though the constant errors and crashing and finally got in one game of co-op. I'm REALLY disappointed with it. U2's co-op modes were way more fun.

Maybe it was just the map I was on, but I really didn't care for the objectives. Stand in a little zone and fight off a wave? Really?

The controls and shooting don't really feel as good to me either. Granted it's been a while since I've played U1-2, but I did platinum them both and I played U2's MP to level 30-40ish and the beta so I'm pretty comfortable with the series.

I'm fairly certain there's another co-op adventure mode that will be part of the later stages of the beta.

arne

NeoUltima said:
I basically stopped playing UC2 before 1.05 came out. I'm a little confused by the posts in here, is the complaint that they increased health or decreased health too much? I thought they decreased it, but some of the posts in here imply they increased it?

(I know I loved it how it was)

I think the bigger issue at hand is - understandably - the comparisons are being drawn to U2 and everything is based off of that and what I think many of you expected it to go in one direction or another. While many things are similar (not to mention the foundation of engine, tech, gameplay mechanics, etc.) -- this is really an entirely different game. You can consider MP more or less overhauled from the ground up to allow for how many more options we've added in there.

In general, people hate change, and need a frame of reference. There's no way really around that, other than time passing to get used to the new and look at it for what it is.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
ProtoCents said:
This game is god-like. So curious as to why people aren't loving it.
Because most of us can't play it.

I'm enjoying the fuck out of the game when it isn't freezing and stuttering all over the place. I even think the power plays add a neat little twist and I was expecting to hate that aspect.

Mik2121

WOW. It might be because I'm in Japan and we got (maybe?) a different server here, but it works SILKY SMOOTH. I was playing with some guys just now and it was a lot of fun.

Day 1 purchase definitely.

Back to the game now :D

jett

D-Member
Chateau is really pretty, you don't really notice it when you're playing.

first_look_uncharted_3_multiplayer_gameplay_12.jpg

first_look_uncharted_3_multiplayer_gameplay_18.jpg

first_look_uncharted_3_multiplayer_gameplay_16.jpg

first_look_uncharted_3_multiplayer_gameplay_09.jpg

arne said:
I think the bigger issue at hand is - understandably - the comparisons are being drawn to U2 and everything is based off of that and what I think many of you expected it to go in one direction or another. While many things are similar (not to mention the foundation of engine, tech, gameplay mechanics, etc.) -- this is really an entirely different game. You can consider MP more or less overhauled from the ground up to allow for how many more options we've added in there.

In general, people hate change, and need a frame of reference. There's no way really around that, other than time passing to get used to the new and look at it for what it is.

I can agree with this. I'm coming to grips with the fact that it IS an entirely new game and not Uncharted 2 with new maps. It is very fun though. It's actually possible to escape from someone getting the jump on you, again! :p I've done it many times already.

RyanardoDaVinci said:
How much time did you put into U2?
I put in my fare share. Maybe not hundreds of hours and I never played it competitively but I would be able to tell if there was a huge difference between the two.

Now, this is coming from someone who's only got to play a few matches and I could be completely wrong.

ProtoCents said:
Unable to play due to freezing and framerate issues could be a reason.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
arne said:
this is why i'll give this a chance. It doesn't look like it got KZ3'd yet.

p.s.
the new pulldown animation/camera is very nice.

gillty

Banned
Games pretty fun, wish it would have design servers (coming from PC). Never played an uncharted...

Add me Gaf: tGill604

shwimpy

Loving the game (only played Hardcore) but I keep freezing about 3/4 of every match. =(

I'll try again later tonight when the East Coasters go to bed.

arne said:
Is anyone/everyone with the freezing linked with their Facebook account in-game too?

Nope. Don't have a facebook and I've had it totally lock the system up probably about 5 times in the hour or so I was attempting to play it.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
arne said:
Is anyone/everyone with the freezing linked with their Facebook account in-game too?
I've frozen a couple of times, nothing linked to Facebook.

arne

alr1ghtstart said:
this is why i'll give this a chance. It doesn't look like it got KZ3'd yet.

p.s.
the new pulldown animation/camera is very nice.

Don't worry, I'll put up a poll on July 15. ;)

Hazanko

Banned
ProtoCents said:

Well I don't know about other people but I think it's too early to say either way. It doesn't feel overpowered... yet. Most people are only level 3 and 4 at the moment so it's pointless to judge it just yet.

Oh and about the graphics, I thought they looked terrible when I first played that air strip map but strangly when I played it again it didn't look too bad. Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me but it seemed kind of odd.

arne said:
No facebook link here.

The weird part is, the first 5 minutes of the match was perfect than all of a sudden it turned into a slide show.

So two people can shoot and kill each other at the same time? Gotta say I always hate that. Both players feel cheated, everyone loses.

Otherwise I'm getting low fps and crashes like everyone else. Will be curious to play it after stuff is sorted out.

And to those complaining, it is impossible to simulate the real world. You can test and prepare as best you can but you're not going to know what's going to happen until it's out there. Try and keep some perspective.

LProtag

Ah, starting to get some games with the bad framerate issues.

Yeah, it plays way smoother usually. Must be an issue with the servers.

Bisonian

arne said:

Not linked, getting hard system freezes/crashes, got the 2 FPS/motion blur problem in one game, and seen a lot of people dying and not being able to respawn in various team deathmatch games. The times of the freezes is completely random but I have not been able to finish a game yet.

Top Bottom