HOW DO I GET IN?
- Receive access by purchasing select copies of InFamous 2
- Be a PS+ Member
- Beg for codes
- Wait until July 4th. Everybody gets in.
WHEN DOES IT START? WHEN DOES IT END?
- The beta begins June 28th for InFamous 2 purchases and PS+ members.
- Everyone else gets in on the 4th of July.
- The beta will end on July 13th.
- November 1st, 2011
WHERE BESIDES NEOGAF SHOULD I GIVE MY FEEDBACK?
- You should post on Naughty Dog's beta forum -- here.
- Cluster Bomb: One grenade explodes into multiple grenades.
- RPG!!!: Spawn with an RPG.
- Smoke Bomb: Vanish in a puff of smoke.
- Speedy G: Get a speed boost.
- Cursed: The winning team sees all characters as skeletons and friendly fire is turned on. The losing team gets two points by either getting a kill or when someone on the winning ream kills one of there own. The winning team gets double cash for each member of the losing team killed.
- Double Damage: The losing team inflicts double damage while the winning team earns double cash for each kill.
- Exposed: The winning team's locations is revealed to the losing team. For every losing team member killed the winning team gets double cash.
- Marked Man: A player on the winning team is marked, if the opposing team kills him they are awarded 3 points. The winning team gets double cash for every kill they acquire and a special medal if the Marked Man survives.
1 booster per slot.
WHAT GAMES MODES WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PLAY?
- Team Deathmatch: Nothing special here, 5v5, first to reach the kill limit wins.
- 3 Team Deathmatch: New to the series, this game type pins 3 teams of 2 players against each other. Bring a buddy.
- Free-for-All: New to the series, but a familiar staple in online multiplayer. 8 players per match.
- Team Objective: Various objective type game modes.
- Plunder: Uncharted 2's most played game type makes a glorious return as opposing teams fight for possession of a golden idol.
WHAT IF I DONT WANT TO PLAY ONLY COMPETITIVELY?
- Hunters Mode (Co-op): "Two teams of two (2v2) are pitted against each other, one as the heroes and the other as the villians. The villians are aided by AI enemies and there goal is to stop the heroes from capturing any treasure. The villians start out weaker than the Heroes, like the AI goons. Medal Kickbacks are awarded to the Heroes for returning a piece of treasure while Hunters earn medals for obtaining kills, which allows them to pick a more powerful pirate or soldier to respawn as. After six minutes the teams are reversed. Spawn locations of the AI change throughout the match as well as more powerful gear becoming available as time goes on."
- Adventure Co-op: Similar to Uncharted 2's.
June 28 to July 4
Gametypes: Team Deathmatch, Plunder, Three Team Deathmatch, Co-op Arena
Maps: Airstrip, Chateau
June 4 to July 8
Gametypes: Team Deathmatch, Free For All, Team Objective, Co-op Hunter
Maps: Airstrip, Chateau
June 9 to July 13
Gametypes: Team Deathmatch, Three Team Deathmatch, Co-op Adventure
WHAT MAPS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE BETA?
- There are
2 maps3 Maps: Airstrip, Chateau, and Yemen.
IF ANYONE ELSE NEEDS TO KNOW WHEN THE EARLIEST THE BETA GOES LIVE FOR THEM, CLICK THIS LINK.
Level Cap: 25
Link to all available media footage. CLICK IT for videos of the modes described above.
Link to Arne's PS Blog post about the beta.
Naughty Dog's Beta FAQ
Is the beta 3D compatible? Yes.
Is the beta Move compatible? Uncharted 3 will not be Move compatible.
Will I be able to keep my XP from the beta for the retail game? No. But there are some perks to being a beta tester. Read about them here.
Is the customization in or out? In.
If I redeemed Sony's Welcome Back package for PS+, does that count? Yes. We think.
I have yet to redeem Welcome Back, when should I? July 3rd is the latest it's available.
If my PS+ ends during the beta, will I be locked out? No.
What if I choose to ignore the information in the OP and ask unnecessary questions? Paging mods?
Size of the download? 1.7 Gigs.
Barebones playlists? Yes.
Is the upload to YouTube feature available? No. Not in the beta.
Why would you do this much work for a beta thread? Because fuck you, that's why.
All information was taken from Naughty Dog's website, IGN, Uncharted Wiki, and the PS Blog. If there are mistakes in the text, PM me and I will fix it. If there are mistakes in the images... dealwithit.jpg.
Special thanks to: Bruiserk, Mikey Jr., Devil Trigger, and Shogun Pain.