• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 MP Beta Thread: Cinematic Murder Testing

rdrr gnr

HnZwm.png

steUL.png

twf7A.png

HnZwm.png

abE6P.png

HOW DO I GET IN?
  • Receive access by purchasing select copies of InFamous 2
  • Be a PS+ Member
  • Beg for codes
  • Wait until July 4th. Everybody gets in.

y6GJG.png

WHEN DOES IT START? WHEN DOES IT END?
  • The beta begins June 28th for InFamous 2 purchases and PS+ members.
  • Everyone else gets in on the 4th of July.
  • The beta will end on July 13th.
WHEN IS THE RETAIL GAME'S RELEASE?
  • November 1st, 2011

8nQGh.png

WHERE BESIDES NEOGAF SHOULD I GIVE MY FEEDBACK?
  • You should post on Naughty Dog's beta forum -- here.
HnZwm.png

vDd8S.png

EmGtq.png

• Cluster Bomb: One grenade explodes into multiple grenades.
  • RPG!!!: Spawn with an RPG.
  • Smoke Bomb: Vanish in a puff of smoke.
  • Speedy G: Get a speed boost.

s2GVS.png

• Cursed: The winning team sees all characters as skeletons and friendly fire is turned on. The losing team gets two points by either getting a kill or when someone on the winning ream kills one of there own. The winning team gets double cash for each member of the losing team killed.
  • Double Damage: The losing team inflicts double damage while the winning team earns double cash for each kill.
  • Exposed: The winning team's locations is revealed to the losing team. For every losing team member killed the winning team gets double cash.
  • Marked Man: A player on the winning team is marked, if the opposing team kills him they are awarded 3 points. The winning team gets double cash for every kill they acquire and a special medal if the Marked Man survives.

r3bxc.png

1 booster per slot.

2XAG3.png

WHAT GAMES MODES WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PLAY?
  • Team Deathmatch: Nothing special here, 5v5, first to reach the kill limit wins.
  • 3 Team Deathmatch: New to the series, this game type pins 3 teams of 2 players against each other. Bring a buddy.
  • Free-for-All: New to the series, but a familiar staple in online multiplayer. 8 players per match.
  • Team Objective: Various objective type game modes.
  • Plunder: Uncharted 2's most played game type makes a glorious return as opposing teams fight for possession of a golden idol.

WHAT IF I DON’T WANT TO PLAY ONLY COMPETITIVELY?
  • Hunters Mode (Co-op): "Two teams of two (2v2) are pitted against each other, one as the heroes and the other as the villians. The villians are aided by AI enemies and there goal is to stop the heroes from capturing any treasure. The villians start out weaker than the Heroes, like the AI goons. Medal Kickbacks are awarded to the Heroes for returning a piece of treasure while Hunters earn medals for obtaining kills, which allows them to pick a more powerful pirate or soldier to respawn as. After six minutes the teams are reversed. Spawn locations of the AI change throughout the match as well as more powerful gear becoming available as time goes on."

• Adventure Co-op: Similar to Uncharted 2's.

June 28 to July 4
Gametypes: Team Deathmatch, Plunder, Three Team Deathmatch, Co-op Arena
Maps: Airstrip, Chateau

June 4 to July 8

Gametypes: Team Deathmatch, Free For All, Team Objective, Co-op Hunter
Maps: Airstrip, Chateau

June 9 to July 13

Gametypes: Team Deathmatch, Three Team Deathmatch, Co-op Adventure
Maps: Airstrip,Yemen

HnZwm.png

3K393.png

WHAT MAPS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE BETA?

• There are 2 maps 3 Maps: Airstrip, Chateau, and Yemen.
kC3vQ.png

Q9Vnx.jpg

OfnEQ.png

HnZwm.png

ZM2qt.png

N/A

B94No.png

http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20110628T14&p1=137
IF ANYONE ELSE NEEDS TO KNOW WHEN THE EARLIEST THE BETA GOES LIVE FOR THEM, CLICK THIS LINK.

Level Cap: 25

Link to all available media footage. CLICK IT for videos of the modes described above.

Link to Arne's PS Blog post about the beta.
Naughty Dog's Beta FAQ
Is the beta 3D compatible? Yes.
Split-screen? Yes.
Is the beta Move compatible? Uncharted 3 will not be Move compatible.
Will I be able to keep my XP from the beta for the retail game? No. But there are some perks to being a beta tester. Read about them here.
Is the customization in or out? In.
If I redeemed Sony's Welcome Back package for PS+, does that count? Yes. We think.
I have yet to redeem Welcome Back, when should I? July 3rd is the latest it's available.
If my PS+ ends during the beta, will I be locked out? No.
What if I choose to ignore the information in the OP and ask unnecessary questions? Paging mods?
Size of the download? 1.7 Gigs.
Barebones playlists? Yes.
Is the upload to YouTube feature available? No. Not in the beta.
Why would you do this much work for a beta thread? Because fuck you, that's why.

All information was taken from Naughty Dog's website, IGN, Uncharted Wiki, and the PS Blog. If there are mistakes in the text, PM me and I will fix it. If there are mistakes in the images... dealwithit.jpg.

Special thanks to: Bruiserk, Mikey Jr., Devil Trigger, and Shogun Pain.

Dear Barrellama,

Please watch over us throughout this beta, please bless us with good reflexes and cunning so we can defeat our enemies. Amen.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Actually everyone is gonna play in 4 days because of the Plus gift

Desmond

Anyone else having trouble buying PS+ plus extensions?In the store theres no option to buy, just preview.

I don't want to miss any moment of the Beta

mollipen

Super-hyped to play this, especially now that we get some actual level of character customization. Never expected that I'd love the multiplayer in Uncharted 2, but whoa boy did I. Thanks free month of PS+!

cackhyena

WHAT IF I DON’T WANT TO PLAY ONLY COMPETITIVELY?

Hunters Mode (Co-op): "Two teams of two (2v2) are pitted against each other, one as the heroes and the other as the villians. The villians are aided by AI enemies and there goal is to stop the heroes from capturing any treasure. The villians start out weaker than the Heroes, like the AI goons. Medal Kickbacks are awarded to the Heroes for returning a piece of treasure while Hunters earn medals for obtaining kills, which allows them to pick a more powerful pirate or soldier to respawn as. After six minutes the teams are reversed. Spawn locations of the AI change throughout the match as well as more powerful gear becoming available as time goes on."

Adventure Co-op: Similar to Uncharted 2's.

So this is in the beta as well?

rdrr gnr

RyanardoDaVinci said:
Nice job.

I both love and hate that you used Down The Irons and Fleet Foot for the booster images, lol.
Haha, I had buddy yell at me for that too. Would you judge me if I said that was my favorite combo? = (
cackhyena said:
So this is in the beta as well?
Yes. If it's in the beta thread, it's in the beta.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
handofg0d said:
Doesn't pretty much everyone have PS+ thanks to the PSN Welcome Back?

Should be, but they might lock it out (see: Infamous 2 full game trial on UK store). People will sure be pissed if they do, though.

Carl

I have PS+ so i guess i'll get in through that.

In which case, i'll have a spare EU code from InFAMOUS 2

rdrr gnr

Irish said:
You are dead to me. >=(
HFx2F.jpg

alr1ghtstart said:
Should be, but they might lock it out (see: Infamous 2 full game trial on UK store). People will sure be pissed if they do, though.
In some of the interviews, when asked how people can get in, they said "everyone gets in." I'm not sure if they are referring to Welcome Back, or July 5th.

MuseManMike said:
Haha, I had buddy yell at me for that too. Would you judge me if I said that was my favorite combo? = (
I can't blame you for using the best/cheapest/most unbalanced combo in the game -- well, maybe a little :p

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Very pumped. I loved the U2 MP beta.

jett

D-Member
I'll be using back in the saddle for impatient ol' me. I don't like any of the slot 1 boosters. That cloaked bullshit should be eliminated from the game.

Jme

alr1ghtstart said:

That would be so not fucking cool.

Jme

RiderKairuu said:
Hmm..is there any way to tell when my Plus expires? Im on that free month like alot of people, I hope it doesn't expire.

PSN came back up June 3, so it should last until at least July 3 (30 Days) depending on when you activated your free month.

Carl

RiderKairuu said:
Hmm..is there any way to tell when my Plus expires? Im on that free month like alot of people, I hope it doesn't expire.

Playstation Network -> Account management -> Transaction Management -> Services list -> Playstation Plus

Top Bottom