• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Gravijah said:
2q17whu.gif

AngryMoth

What are the spoilers like in the ign/gt video reviews? I don't care about stuff in pre release media as I've seen pretty most of it, but I don't want to know about the opening, and whatever was in the spoiler thread from a few days ago.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Shepard said:
It's great how IGN became so important again to some of you.
It's not really. It's how the internet works.

Well it is and it ain't. IGN is a good site for general news. Editorial content is up for discussion and questionable though.

Dragon

Banned
Guys should I watch gametrailers or is it going to spoil the whole game for me?

jackdoe said:
Haha the GT review has some MAJOR spoilers. And I mean, MAJOR character spoilers.

Question answered!

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Wow, EG. How disappointing. When EDGE can give it a 9, how the hell did you think it was an 8? They are doing this to stand out. Normally I really like their reviews.

jett

D-Member
Uncharted 3: only slightly better than Ubisoft's throwaway Tintin game. Now that's a tagline worth putting on boxart

Jarmel

Banned
That review had some serious hyperbole in it. You mean to tell me that the game has absolutely no fucking flaws? 10 on graphics?

Jarmel said:
That review had some serious hyperbole in it. You mean to tell me that the game has absolutely no fucking flaws? 10 on graphics?

Rage received a 10 in graphics. If that's a 10 then there's no way that U3 isn't.

DaBuddaDa

Initial impressions from browsing THE ACTUAL TEXT OF THE REVIEWS (shocking that!):

This game is Uncharted 2.5. Take that as you will.

Gravijah

SolidSnakex said:
Rage received a 10 in graphics. If that's a 10 then there's no way that U3 isn't.

rage deserves a 10 for being a 60 fps console game :(

Jarmel said:

why wouldn't uc3 deserve a 10 in graphics?

Eurogamer's 8 genuinely suprises me. I'm not complaining or anything; it just doesn't fit.

IGN giving perfect marks for EVERY SINGLE COMPONENT of the game though...that just brings a tear to my eye.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
SolidSnakex said:
This is a good way to look at it. And UC3 is on a console with far inferior HW than a high end PC.

IGN defines a 10.0 -- a masterpiece -- as "the pinnacle of gaming, a masterpiece may not be flawless, but it is so exceptional that it is hard to imagine a game being better." That's Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. From start to finish, single player to multiplayer, this game sings.

My body is fucking ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom