• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Woah. So much for my theory of a slight decline in review scores. How the fuck do they do this with two years development time?

Strafer said:
Ok, now it's clear.

Naughty Dog can't make a bad game.
Wayofthewarrior.jpg ;-)

pottuvoi

Banned
Diprosalic said:
apperently it is:

ªªªªÕUUUjªªªµUUUZªªª­UUUVªªª«UUUUªªªªÕUUUjªªªµUUUZªªª­UUUVªªª«UUUUªªªªÕUUUjªªªµUUUZªªª­UUUVªªª«UUUUªªªªÕUUUjªªªµUUUZªªª­UUUVªªª«UUUUªªªªÕUUUjªªªµUUUZªªª­UUU
Hmm... that does sound kind of dirty.. ;)

planar1280 said:
I can't open eurogamer's review. can anyone qoute some interesting parts?
Back in the main campaign and, as a slice of one-view entertainment, Uncharted 3 is peerless. The execution exhibits a kind of workmanship and polish way beyond the ambition of most other developers, let alone their abilities or budgets. As an expression of all that a video game could be, however, Uncharted 3 is narrow, focused and ultimately shallow. It is a majestic tribute to cinema, a movie game in the literal sense, and your enjoyment will be in precise step with your appreciation of that objective - and whether or not you believe it to be Drake's great deception, or Drake's great delight.

jackdoe said:
Haha the GT review has some MAJOR spoilers. And I mean, MAJOR character spoilers.

Predictable. If you want to watch a GT review then you do it after you've played the game. They always show shit that they shouldn't.

LiquidMetal14 said:
This is a good way to look at it. And UC3 is on a console with far inferior HW than a high end PC.

you also need to realize due to the limitations, developers try to squeeze every drop out of the resources. You have the complacency factor in PC development

Man

Jarmel said:
That review had some serious hyperbole in it. You mean to tell me that the game has absolutely no fucking flaws? 10 on graphics?
If you can't give the best looking game in a generation 10 in graphics then there's no point having points.

great reviews all around, seems like the eurogamer one was expecting something more?? Idk sounded like they treated it like Darks Souls, its only for some people thats why it isn't perfect.

Also w/ IGN, can we decide whether we're treating them as a credible source for editorials/reviews or are there specific people we accept? Its like one day we hate them and the next we praise em. Make up your damn mind!

Dragon

Banned
razgriz417 said:
great reviews all around, seems like the eurogamer uk one was expecting something more?? Idk, also w/ IGN, can we decide whether we're treating them as a credible source for editorials/reviews or are there specific people we accept? Its like one day we hate them and the next we praise em. Make up your damn mind!

We only like them when they give U3 a 10. When they talk about the Vita and 3DS we hate them with a passion.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
DaBuddaDa said:
jnoeZ.gif

Jarmel

Banned
Gravijah said:
why wouldn't uc3 deserve a 10 in graphics?

That would mean there is no way in hell Naughty Dog could improve the graphics, that they had absolutely maxed out what is capable for the PS3. Admittedly IGN is horrible in general about graphics scoring. The whole thing reeks of someone fangasming all over it. They pretty much summed the game up as perfect.

Oh and I saw that IGN description of 10s and yet they noted nothing wrong with the game. Then proceeded to give it full 10s on all measurable accounts. That pretty much means the game was perfect.

Pranay

Add the scores which i missed out :)

Magzine Reviews

Playmania [Spain] - 9.9

Official Playstation Magzine [Spain] - 9.8

Power Unlimited - 94

PS Mania - 4.5/5

Level Magzine - 10/10 [second opinion - 8/10]

PlayR - 9/10

Website Reviews -
ign - 10

Gamersnet - 10/10
http://www.gamersnet.nl/reviews/uncharted_3_drake_s_deception/

Being Nerdy - 10/10
http://beingnerdy.com/gaming/uncharted-3-drakes-deception-review

XGN -94
http://www.xgn.nl/ps3/review/31234/uncharted-3-drakes-deception/

Edge - 9

jeuxvideo.fr - 9/10

Dannish ign - 9.5
http://de.ign.com/articles/review/10457/Test-zu-Uncharted-3/p4

CVG 9.5

GiantBomb : 5/5

Joystiq 4.5/5
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/24/un...eption-review/

1up.com: A.

gamereactor - 10/10

playstationlife - 10/10

Jarmel said:
That would mean there is no way in hell Naughty Dog could improve the graphics, that they had absolutely maxed out what is capable for the PS3. Admittedly IGN is horrible in general about graphics scoring. The whole thing reeks of someone fangasming all over it. They pretty much summed the game up as perfect.

They've pretty much said that there isn't much more that they can do with the PS3.

Dragon

Banned
Jarmel said:

They aren't alone there bud. There are plenty of other reviews which say the graphics are as good as they possibly can be.

The fact you're getting so incredibly upset leads me to believe you expected something else? It's ND, they get the most out of the PS3, it's been shown now three times.

Gravijah

Jarmel said:

that's not what a 10 means. if that's what a 10 meant, you couldn't give any game a 10 ever, because there's always something you can do to improve graphics, no matter how minor.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Gametrailers just reviewed the game... I don't wanna watch it though. What did they give it?

The eurogamer reviewer is basically setting the game against what he believes an ideal videogame should be...a little disingenous. ie the game is excellent at what it sets out to do, but it doesnt do "this"

jackdoe

SolidSnakex said:
Predictable. If you want to watch a GT review then you do it after you've played the game. They always show shit that they shouldn't.
It's not that big of a deal to me as the spoiler won't hurt my experience with the game, but this is pretty close to their Killzone 2 review which spoiled a character death that happened late game (don't worry, the Uncharted 3 spoiler isn't about a character death).

Dragon said:
We only like them when they give U3 a 10. When they talk about the Vita and 3DS we hate them with a passion.

Lol yea we cherry pick what we want to hear too much, for any game tbh

Oni Jazar said:
GiantBomb gave it 5/5 but Brad doesn't seem to think it's as big an improvement that Uncharted 2 brought to the table.

After all the time they spent with CowBoy @ E3, probably has had a ton of exposure to it. Can't wait though

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
With that, Naughty Dog cannot make UC4 now because everyone is having a shitfit about how it's a sequel.

Jarmel

Banned
Gravijah said:
that's not what a 10 means. if that's what a 10 meant, you couldn't give any game a 10 ever, because there's always something you can do to improve graphics, no matter how minor.

On every measurable account they gave it a 10. What could ND have improved on? Miller essentially describes the game as perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom