• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Gameplay (E3 2015)

Shin-Ra

I know, but I found 'em online and just added U4's models.

You still get the point.
I took a wet in-game pic of U1 Nate for comparison with the U4 reveal.

15187762360_5577299c92_o.png

Javin98

Banned
After looking at those close ups of the characters, this is currently the best looking game on any platform IMO. The whole demo itself was amazing. That visual fidelity with everything going on is mind blowing. It's like this demo is basically a "fuck you message" to all those people who yelled downgrade at the PSX demo. ND outdid themselves again.

Christos

In the montage of games Sony showed close to the end of the conference they showed a 2 second footage of UC2, I don't know if it was from the remaster though.

Edit: Found it.

Holleeeee sheeet. This is so freaking nextgen it's not even funny. If Drake had boobs and pretty long hair I would just point and Tomb Raider and laugh instead of getting annoyed by that moneyhat lockdown.

Salz01

I think it's time for me to go into blackout. I just want to know release date so I can myself inside for a week.....also if Chloe is in it....
Oh... And if we can play as other characters in campaign as unlockables like in UC2.

Ricky_R

The only thing that stood out for me that they could've done a bit better was the water splashes when the jeep drove through the water puddles.

I don't mind it as it it, but it would be nice if the splashes were bigger and a tad more real looking.

After looking at those close ups of the characters, this is currently the best looking game on any platform IMO. The whole demo itself was amazing. That visual fidelity with everything going on is mind blowing. It's like this demo is basically a "fuck you message" to all those people who yelled downgrade at the PSX demo. ND outdid themselves again.

Why do you think close ups of in-game cutscene characters make the game better looking when you aren't actually playing the cutscenes? Moreover, why do you include the PC in this when you know that it can pump out much cleaner visuals due to it's brute-force power advantage over consoles?

You seem to make these hyperbolic statements with every new PS4 exclusive. You did it with The Order and now this game -- both of which are exclusive to the PS4. It's very hard to take your comments seriously..

Why do you think close ups of in-game cutscene characters make the game better looking when you aren't actually playing the cutscenes? You seem to make these hyperbolic statements with every new PS4 exclusive. You did it with The Order and now this game -- both of which are exclusive to the PS4. It's very hard to take your comments seriously..

To be fair...The Order and Uncharted 4 DO look like the best looking games.

Javin98

Banned
Why do you think close ups of in-game cutscene characters make the game better looking when you aren't actually playing the cutscenes? You seem to make these hyperbolic statements with every new PS4 exclusive. You did it with The Order and now this game -- both of which are exclusive to the PS4. It's very hard to take your comments seriously..
It's my opinion. Why do you need to play the scene for it to be the best looking game? It's not like the cutscenes are pre-rendered like in previous games. To me, a real time cutscene is still impressive even though the player has no control. And LOL, hyperbolic statements? Just because you don't agree with it, it's hyperbolic? Some people are really feeling salty right now. It's also hard to take your comments seriously when you seem so full of your posts.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Game feels more open then it use to be. I was also impressed with the lack of pop-in, there is some if you look close but it's exceptional including the anti-aliasing.

To be fair...The Order and Uncharted 4 DO look like the best looking games.

But that's just not true. The Order looks stellar because of it's art direction. UC4 looks stellar because of it's physics and destruction? I can absolutely understand the art direction, but that's very subjective and doesn't give any hint at making the PS4 superior in hardware to the PC. Making statemenst about UC4 though is just completely hyperbolic and shows a bit of fanboyism. We all know that the PC can render much much more complicated things (excluding art direction) that won't even run on consoles. W3 is a perfect example.. and Batman will be another starting next week.

Why do you think close ups of in-game cutscene characters make the game better looking when you aren't actually playing the cutscenes? Moreover, why do you include the PC in this when you know that it can pump out much cleaner visuals due to it's brute-force power advantage over consoles?

You seem to make these hyperbolic statements with every new PS4 exclusive. You did it with The Order and now this game -- both of which are exclusive to the PS4. It's very hard to take your comments seriously..

They are the best looking games right now. So it's not really hyperbole.

Naughty Dog seem to really know how to do cinematic set piece games right too.

GeraldC

Neo Member
18826201086_fc004b0985_h.jpg

The model looks great because they have gone to great lengths to make her have human-looking skin with creases and imperfections.

That looks a million times better than the Square Enix porcelain dolls.

Hell, she looks more human than most celebrities on the cover of fashion magazines.....

image_rise_of_the_tomb_raider-28633-2982_0001.jpg

image_rise_of_the_tomb_raider-27559-2982_0009.jpg

image_rise_of_the_tomb_raider-27559-2982_0010.jpg

Yeah, Square Enix porcelain doll has absolutely a million times less competitiveness.

Javin98

Banned
But that's just not true. The Order looks stellar because of it's art direction. UC4 looks stellar because of it's physics and destruction? I can absolutely understand the art direction, but that's very subjective and doesn't give any hint at making the PS4 superior in hardware to the PC. Making statemenst about UC4 though is just completely hyperbolic and shows a bit of fanboyism. We all know that the PC can render much much more complicated things (excluding art direction) that won't even run on consoles. W3 is a perfect example.. and Batman will be another starting next week.
Yep, your opinion automatically means it's a fact, right? Good luck with this attitude.

Nobody is saying the PS4 is more powerful than PC...but Sony has some incredibly talanted devs that create some of the most beautiful looking games.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I just realized that there's the same amount of time between now and release as there was between PSX and now and there was this much of an improvement visually and engine wise. Insane stuff.

Shows off a bit of fanboyism because people think these games are the best looking games out there? Get a grip. We all know PC is more powerful than PS4. Subjective, objective, who cares, I haven't seen any other games that have impressed me more in terms of visuals.

Also the Witcher 3 doesn't look better than this, even on PC come on man.

Well the Order and now UC4/Horizon are the best looking games so....yeah

Javin98

Banned
I have no idea why he got so defensive when I was clearly just stating my opinion, honestly. Feels uncalled for.

Anyway, I already predicted that this demo would look significantly better than the PSX demo if it remained at 30FPS. Not only was I right, but the car chase sequence exceeded my expectations as well.

Naughty dog are talented . This gameplay reveal looked leagues better then almost anything this gen. Crazy detail, animations, movement and destruction. All in a fast paced combat scenario in a big open map crazy.

It's my opinion. Why do you need to play the scene for it to be the best looking game? It's not like the cutscenes are pre-rendered like in previous games. To me, a real time cutscene is still impressive even though the player has no control. And LOL, hyperbolic statements? Just because you don't agree with it, it's hyperbolic? Some people are really feeling salty right now. It's also hard to take your comments seriously when you seem so full of your posts.

I mentioned the glaring obvious tech that makes UC4 stand out and praised it. I love my PS4, but I would never assume that because I have a game that focuses on physics and destruction, makes it graphically superior to any game I've ever played when all games concentrate on one thing or another. It's purely subjective as you said, but damn, I have some common sense. Review after review, we see Digital Foundary making comparisons to the PS4 with (what I would call) medium to low-end hardware on the PC. We've got games now that push real time GI, and dynamic TOD, true volume smoke casting self-shadowing, etc..that makes even my Titan X scream and none of which is in UC4. Yet, it's on top graphically because of what it concentrated on? Nah... disagree completely.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Sony's first party studios have the rare ability to merge art and tech in a way that creates a lasting impression on the player. They work hand in hand to make the game's visuals and pleasing and flattering as possible which is why many jump into the "best looking game ever" hyperbole because they really can evoke that kind of reaction without pumping all the high end tech into it.

I mentioned the glaring obvious tech that makes UC4 stand out and praised it. I love my PS4, but I would never assume that because I have a game that focuses on physics and destruction, makes it graphically superior to any game I've ever played when all games concentrate on one thing or another. It's purely subjective as you said, but damn, I have some common sense. Review after review, we see Digital Foundary making comparisons to the PS4 with (what I would call) medium to low-end hardware on the PC. We've got games now that push real time GI, and dynamic TOD, true volume smoke casting self-shadowing, etc..that makes even my Titan X scream and none of which is in UC4. Yet, it's on top graphically because of what it concentrated on? Nah... disagree completely.

Care to give some examples of those games? They can be advanced features on a top of a much less robust framework...Sure this game could look a lot more impressive on PC, but it would also look better than pretty much anything on PC...

Top Bottom