• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 delayed to Spring 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javin98

Banned
Anyone think that they REALLY want to his 60 FPS on this one? Give Corrinne Yu a year, she'll figure this shit out.
If Naughty Dog really manages to achieve a solid 60FPS with Uncharted 4 while having visual fidelity comparable to the E3 trailer (I think the PSX demo was already very close), then I'll actually be happy they delayed the game. Then again, I think I've gotten over the delay since it's been an hour and a half.

sasliquid

3 of my favourite franchises were getting sequels this year. Metal gear looks locked but now uncharteds gone and I'm not confident about the western release of Persona 5.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
my decision of keeping PS3DSU as active platforms until Christmas '16 got hit hard by Mad Max and Dragon QUest Heroes PS4-only info, but this Uncharted4 news is welcomed because now I'm almost sure about my next year's PS4 purchase. fewwww

I'm impressed at how many psychics completely expected this news. I figured after Sony failed to ship anything of note last fall, they'd do what it took to make sure they would win this holiday.

doomquake

i think people should just stop saying when their game will release. tired of this shit and it NEVER ENDS! ITS THE SAME THING ALL THE TIME.

now I guess..there will be more hype and MORE expectations for this thing to be epic. so good luck with that. Also, if any of you even remotely share my feelings. Stop preordering anything.

StevieP

Banned
If Naughty Dog really manages to achieve a solid 60FPS with Uncharted 4 while having visual fidelity comparable to the E3 trailer (I think the PSX demo was already very close), then I'll actually be happy they delayed the game. Then again, I think I've gotten over the delay since it's been an hour and a half.

Expectations like these are what causes the types of outcries and meltdowns that happened when the downgraded realtime 30fps gameplay demo was shown. I guess it's really the fault of the developer for creating those false expectations on its original reveal, but you'd figure people would learn by now not to have such high expectations by default.

I can understand that people are upset about Uncharted delay but Sony still have a lot of exclusive this year :

Exclusive to the platform : 25 vs 7

PS4 (physical) : The Order 1886, Bloodborne, Until Dawn, Tearaway unfolded, Disgaea 5, Fairy Fencer F Advent Dark Force, Uncharted 4, Ratchet & Clank, Mobil Suit Gundam, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II, Omega Quintet.

PS4 (PSN) : Rime, The Tomorrow Children, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Let it Die, Deep Down, Kill Strain, Alienation, Drawn to Death, Fat Princess : Piece of Cake, Enter the Gungeon, What Remains of Edith Finch, Wattam, Relativity, Ubusana, Onechanbara Z2.

Xbox One (physical) : Quantum Break, Halo 5, Forza Motorsport 6.

Xbox One (XBL) : Raiden V, State of Decay Year-One Survival Edition, Funk of Titans, Cup Head.

Constructor exclusive: 27 vs 4

PS4 (physical) : Dragon Quest Heroes, Persona 5, Yakuza 0, MLB The Show 15, Toukiden : Kiwami, God Eater 2 : Rage Burst, Godzilla, Senran Kagura Estival Versus, FF X/X-2 HD Remaster.

PS4 (PSN) : Gun's Up, Journey, BigFest, Alone With You, Helldivers, Super Stardust Ultra, FF VII, J-Stars Victory VS+, Ys, Salt and Sanctuary, Axiom Verge, To Leave, Pavilion, One Way Trip, Galak-Z, Kodoku, Amplitude HD, Super Time Force Ultra,

Xbox One (XBL) : Screamride, FRU, Spectra, Happy Wars.

Exclusive PS4/PC vs XBox One/PC: 38 vs 18

PS4 : PlanetSide 2, SOMA, Among the Sleep, Broken Age, The Witness, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Titan Souls, Starbound, Day of the Tentacle, Kingdom Under Fire II, Dungeon Defenders II, Killing Floor 2, Volume, Nuclear Throne, Hotline Miami 2 : Wrong Number, Shovel Knight, Bastion, Hatoful Boyfriend, Citizens of Earth, Moon Hunter, OlliOlli 2 : Welcome to Olliwood, Samurai Gunn, The Talos Principle, Distance, Zombie Vikings, Gang Beats, The Forest, Darkest Dungeon, Orcs Must Die Unchained, Holowpoint, Wander, Bombshell, Apotheon, Street Fighter 5, No Man's Sky, One Piece Pirate Warriors 3, Grim Fandango Remastered, Rocket League.

Xbox One : Ori and the Blind Forest, Cobalt, Lifeless Planet, Knight Squad, Plague Inc. Evolved, Massive Chalice, Silence, Wulver Blade, Dungeons and Dragons : Neverwinter, Space Engineers, SUPERHOT, #IDARB, Smite, Ghost of a Tale, Goat Simulator, Fable Legends, The Escapist, Tomb raider, Pneuma : Breath of Life.

So 90 PS4 "exclusive" games against 29 for the Xbox One, just saying.

Oh god, a delayed game leads to lists wars.
Holiday 2014:

* Sunset Overdrive
* Forza Horizon 2
* HALO MCC

3x AAA with Metacritic of 80/85+/85+
Geez, lol.

They got beat? Yet outsold said completion? What?

Their competitor took massive losses to fall even further behind? If I'm Sony I'm loving that.

You know who else took losses and eventually caught up? Sony with the PS3. I'm not saying Sony is in danger or that the sky is falling. I'm just suggesting that it may not be a smart move to release nothing in the biggest sales months of the year.

If their big exclusive is broken at launch that hurts their branding more than anything.

I agree, but considering Sony had one first party release on the second half of last year and it was also a PR disaster, it's an easier blow to absorb from a PR perspective.

Delaying UC4 is fine, take all the time you need to make it perfect ND.

However, this year is looking extremely bleak for Sony. There is really nothing exclusive wise this year outside outside of Bloodbourne, and certainly nothing in the holiday window. Basically a lost year outside of mutiplats for the PS4.

phanphare

Banned
gCV4JCJ.jpg

Nibel

I'm impressed at how many psychics completely expected this news. I figured after Sony failed to ship anything of note last fall, they'd do what it took to make sure they would win this holiday.

Well, considering that there was a thread just very recently that showed that Naughty Dog is actually hiring and that few left, this has less to do with being a 'psychic' and more with putting the puzzle together.

Not only, but it's obviously the key season to buy them. That's why there are always deals and price drops around the holidays. It's why they usually release new consoles near the holidays. It's the biggest season for console sales.
What about earlier in the year when it's tax return season?
It does not count it's not a holiday game
I guess so.
I'm really considering selling my ps4. There's no need for it after bloodborne
Why would you buy it and sell it so quickly? Do you know how ridiculous this sounds?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
This announcement really stands out compared to Sony's usual PR strategy of burying bad news. It's a game no one was expecting until November and yet they announce the delay in March without a trailer or a corresponding announcement of something like a trilogy collection. Would have expected them to just throw a 2016 at the end of an impressive E3 demo or something. It's very strange compared to their usual PR behavior.

maxcriden

I can understand that people are upset about Uncharted delay but Sony still have a lot of exclusive this year :

Exclusive to the platform : 25 vs 7

PS4 (physical) : The Order 1886, Bloodborne, Until Dawn, Tearaway unfolded, Disgaea 5, Fairy Fencer F Advent Dark Force, Uncharted 4, Ratchet & Clank, Mobil Suit Gundam, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II, Omega Quintet.

PS4 (PSN) : Rime, The Tomorrow Children, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Let it Die, Deep Down, Kill Strain, Alienation, Drawn to Death, Fat Princess : Piece of Cake, Enter the Gungeon, What Remains of Edith Finch, Wattam, Relativity, Ubusana, Onechanbara Z2.

Xbox One (physical) : Quantum Break, Halo 5, Forza Motorsport 6.

Xbox One (XBL) : Raiden V, State of Decay Year-One Survival Edition, Funk of Titans, Cup Head.

Constructor exclusive: 27 vs 4

PS4 (physical) : Dragon Quest Heroes, Persona 5, Yakuza 0, MLB The Show 15, Toukiden : Kiwami, God Eater 2 : Rage Burst, Godzilla, Senran Kagura Estival Versus, FF X/X-2 HD Remaster.

PS4 (PSN) : Gun's Up, Journey, BigFest, Alone With You, Helldivers, Super Stardust Ultra, FF VII, J-Stars Victory VS+, Ys, Salt and Sanctuary, Axiom Verge, To Leave, Pavilion, One Way Trip, Galak-Z, Kodoku, Amplitude HD, Super Time Force Ultra,

Xbox One (XBL) : Screamride, FRU, Spectra, Happy Wars.

Exclusive PS4/PC vs XBox One/PC: 38 vs 18

PS4 : PlanetSide 2, SOMA, Among the Sleep, Broken Age, The Witness, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Titan Souls, Starbound, Day of the Tentacle, Kingdom Under Fire II, Dungeon Defenders II, Killing Floor 2, Volume, Nuclear Throne, Hotline Miami 2 : Wrong Number, Shovel Knight, Bastion, Hatoful Boyfriend, Citizens of Earth, Moon Hunter, OlliOlli 2 : Welcome to Olliwood, Samurai Gunn, The Talos Principle, Distance, Zombie Vikings, Gang Beats, The Forest, Darkest Dungeon, Orcs Must Die Unchained, Holowpoint, Wander, Bombshell, Apotheon, Street Fighter 5, No Man's Sky, One Piece Pirate Warriors 3, Grim Fandango Remastered, Rocket League.

Xbox One : Ori and the Blind Forest, Cobalt, Lifeless Planet, Knight Squad, Plague Inc. Evolved, Massive Chalice, Silence, Wulver Blade, Dungeons and Dragons : Neverwinter, Space Engineers, SUPERHOT, #IDARB, Smite, Ghost of a Tale, Goat Simulator, Fable Legends, The Escapist, Tomb raider, Pneuma : Breath of Life.

So 90 PS4 "exclusive" games against 29 for the Xbox One, just saying.

That's a really helpful post. Thank you. It is so odd to me that there are almost no exclusive 2D or 3D platformers for either system. I miss the PS2 era. I want to see a lot of platformers on all three systems.

barit

Uncharted Collection HD now or Riot !!!!

What a damn bummer ! Nothing to looking forward in 2015

And Spring ? When Morpheus will be launched ? What ? I don´t have time for old 3D games on my Television cuz I´m lost in VR at this time !!!!!!!!!

Well, considering that there was a thread just very recently that showed that Naughty Dog is actually hiring and that few left, this has less to do with being a 'psychic' and more with putting the puzzle together.

Where there is smoke there is fire which I why I expect QB to be delayed. Lots of people like to ignore things sometimes when the answer is usually the simplest.

Funny side note, "Insider" said QB was delayed weeks ago. MS will likely be throwing QB up against U4 and leave the holidays to TR for that category.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom