• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 Gameplay Demo [Up: Sony - Was running at 30 fps]

valkyre

I have no bias towards Ubisoft. I don't portray their games to be instantly better looking than anything out there simply because they are Ubisoft. In fact, I hate Ubisoft in how they run their business.

ACU, IMO, has a leg up in graphics this gen because of the artistic direction in the game and the lighting. And that's all, so it's not a biased statement.

You need to decide if you are biased or not. On one thread you say you are biased then you are not. Please clarify cause this is getting ridiculous.

Hint: it is obvious you are biased

In one screenshotm, where he is staring directly into the camera his eyes look dead apparently. Have you at all watched andplayed the game with the characters looking around etc? They eyes dont look dead...

His point I guess is that it does not look generationally better than stuff before it. Especially if you compare it to Ryse, Crysis 3, or Infamous.

I don't think anyone said it was a gen better looking.
I think UC4 looks better but not by a gen.

So basically you are saying you will stop posting irrelevant pics and bald guy dead eyes pics of horrible games made by Crytek if the whole forum accepts that UC looks average for a game released in 2015. Alright folks if that stops the derailing and we can talk about the demo , is everyone in agreement? Lol

yeah no let's not talk about the demo. i want more pics from other irrelevant games.

Some of the people in here are acting like Uncharted 4 is already out and they've played it to completion with some of the stuff they post to defend it.

B.O.O.M

His brother kind of reminds me of Dante, for anyone who's played Golden Abyss.

I think it's the shirt...no joke

oh and for the current state of this thread

Not-This-Shit-Again-anime-28533251-604-340.jpg

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
In one screenshotm, where he is staring directly into the camera his eyes look dead apparently. Have you at all watched andplayed the game with the characters looking around etc? They eyes dont look dead...

His point I guess is that it does not look generationally better than stuff before it. Especially if you compare it to Ryse, Crysis 3, or Infamous.

See postings like this get me all riled up. Stop with the massive levels of overexaggeration. Seriously. That sounds ridiculous when you throw the two gifs right next to eachother.
But Ryse,Crysis3 and Infamous are not just okay looking games in 2015

KKRT00

The rig to max out C3 should exceed the hardware powering the PS4. It would take a monumental undertaking to make C3 at max-settings to look "last-gen".
Game holds up even on low setting extremely well.
Actually higher tiers of settings are mostly related to environmental tech, not NPCs.

Dead Eyes
Unrealistic facial expression
Cartoony face

4/10 - Would not bother comparing to UC 4

I mean I know you are kidding, but I have a really hard time seeing how it looks cartoony or x amount worse than the UC4 one. His eyebrows are furrowed because he is angry, throughout that scene he goes through tons of different facial stances. It is just the gif is like 1.4 seconds lol.
U4 animation is more lifelike. Psycho is pretty dead.

I legitmately do not see that at all. Please point out why. People post that, but I have a hard time seeing such a large difference that apparently everyone is seeing. I do think the UC4 looks better (the skin shader is more to my liking and the facct that he has hair), but I do not see this "dead" eyes or stiffness at all. Espcially considering I know that that tech in Crysis 3 was specifically built to prevent stiffness of facial animation or dead eyes.

Just watched the full gameplay video in the OP. WOW! I'm amazed! I'm not getting the hate/negativity at all. The gameplay looks much more interesting and dynamic now. Can't wait.

Edit:
Posting cut scene shots from previous gen is doing a massive injustice towards what Naughty Dog is pulling off with Uncharted 4. Remember, those cut scenes were made using 7-8 linked PS3 rendering farms. If each PS3 is approximately at 300GF then ND was essentially working with over 2TF of single precision compute. If we assume 192GF for just the RSX then ND was using over 1.4TF!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Crysis 3 gets no respect. Now people are shitting on its visuals? It's an amazing looking game (image quality aside - it's insanely difficult to get really clean visuals at a good frame-rate with that game).

I also thinks it's a great game on top of that yet people also love to shit on its design as well. I don't think it tops Crysis 1 but it's still a very enjoyable experience (mostly).

Now that was a wow moment. They aren't using anything even resembling the techniques we have today but, holy shit, that looked incredible for PS2 hardware. The level of detail in Douglas was really so far beyond anything else at the time. Of course the game is very restricted in terms of map size (divided into sections) but it's still super impressive for 2003.

xkramz

Holy shit! This thread is getting ridiculous. You guys know that this demo is a pre-alpha build, don't you?
I don't believe in game play reveal anymore in this industry.

That's my two cents.

What I do know is that naughty dogs are great at making games look vivid and real looking. Can't wait for final build and how much it had improved (or not?)

adelante

I think it is rather similar:
iBoWR7wOgAlH6.gif

qvjzsk.gif

I still enjoy uncharteds animation more though probably.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's pretty clear between the two gifs which company used facial capture and which isn't (then again I'm not surprised; ND didn't use facial capture for Last of Us either).

Nafai1123

Banned
Just watched that color corrected vid from Gamersyde. I'm surprised more people aren't talking about the IQ of the game. It's incredibly clean, especially considering the massive amount of geometry in the scenes with all the vegetation. Really curious what AA solution ND is using.

Game4life

Banned

Why should it look generationally better than Ryse to not be classified as average looking. Ryse is in the same freaking generation is it not?

Superflat

I love this thread.

"Uncharted 4 merely looks okay for 2015"

"Not a generational difference (If you don't count native resolution, texture quality, and everything else that 'isn't important')"

When PC peeps start showing their wares in an Uncharted thread, I know it's doin its job with visuals.

I get the impression that UC4s looks better than C3s, you hope it would being 2 years later, but it does not look generationally different at all.

Please, confirm to me that C3 on consoles is comparable to the WIP of Uncharted 4. Unless you're talking about PCs, which are not generational and you're being disingenuous.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's pretty clear between the two gifs which company used facial capture and which isn't (then again I'm not surprised; ND didn't use facial capture for Last of Us either).

I guess that is why I find it interesting that people are saying psycho looks like a dead dude and the german guy looks like an alien. They are based on real people and use the information aptured directly from those people.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Just watched that color corrected vid from Gamersyde. I'm surprised more people aren't talking about the IQ of the game. It's incredibly clean, especially considering the massive amount of geometry in the scenes with all the vegetation. Really curious what AA solution ND is using.
Yeah, the AA needs more attention. It's really setting a new started for post-process AA (if it is indeed that). It looks damn near super-sampled at points, from what I can tell. Temporal aliasing is kept to an absolute minimum. That's far and away the most impressive thing about it.

Xun

This is some real life level of shit.

wajgtf.gif

I have played Unity on PC and never came close to such realistic looking facial expressions. Kevin Spacey in Advanced Warfare is extremely good but has dead eyes syndrome.
His eyes seem off to me for some reason.

They almost seem a bit flat, somehow.

You need to decide if you are biased or not. On one thread you say you are biased then you are not. Please clarify cause this is getting ridiculous.

Hint: it is obvious you are biased

I'm not biased about a company like you guys are.

Have you ever seen me go crazy over the graphics in FC3? FC4? The Crew? I'm waiting....

Ishan

link plz?

Maninthemirror said:
its a stiff face which is really good animation but looks like game. this is like a pixelated version of avatar level animation

See postings like this get me all riled up. Stop with the massive levels of overexaggeration. Seriously. That sounds ridiculous when you throw the two gifs right next to eachother.

Didn't I predict this in the other thread? LOL! I knew it!

No one is saying that Crysis 3 facial tech is better. There is a reason why Crytek pushed facial tech with Ryse, but Psycho looking dead? Really?

Yea, but we are talking about the sum of all parts, not picking one separate game that's on par with a single piece, but completely falls short in every other comparison.

Biased because he thinks Unity looks better (it does)

Yea, I've seen screenshots in other threads. UC4 looks much better, both in motion and in screenshots than Unity. You're the only one saying Unity looks better.

Please, confirm to me that C3 on consoles is comparable to the WIP of Uncharted 4. Unless you're talking about PCs, which are not generational and you're being disingenuous.
I am not being disengenuous. Take a look what people post in response to the gif comparison. Some dude said that
its a stiff face which is really good animation but looks like game. this is like a pixelated version of avatar level animation

Avatar's facial capture and secondary motion on its characters (wrinkles, hair) is multiple generations ahead of anything games have done. And yet, this guy references that in regards to my gif comparison.

I am saying the UC4 one looks better, but people saying that it looks close to real / looks that much better than everything else are just overexaggerating completely.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Yeah, the AA needs more attention. It's really setting a new started for post-process AA (if it is indeed that). It looks damn near super-sampled at points, from what I can tell. Temporal aliasing is kept to an absolute minimum. That's far and away the most impressive thing about it.
I think they must be using 4xMSAA + something else, just like The Order. I have no idea how else they could it get to look like that. But yeah, the game looks super-clean, that much more surprising because there's so much tiny detail in everywhere.

Top Bottom