• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 has gone gold

If I sure you all sure XD
But honestly now that I think about it, even GAF wouldn't see this as a huge spoiler. I may be just overreacting since I'm a huge Uncharted fan.

Anyway that link leads to an artbook from Uncharted 4. This game is going to look insane my god. You think it's ok to post those pics here? Maybe a little to spoilery?

Edit: Ok, zsynqx I'm on the bandwaggon to agree with you for him to remove that link.

hesido

Thinking of which game I should delete to accommodate this, or to upgrade my hard drive? Hmm...

2aikwwS.gif

Upgrade, yo.

I love the gif, but I'm an aspect ratio obsessor. If that's even a word.

photogaz

What did he mean by this?

https://twitter.com/Neil_Druckmann/status/710988046137565184

What did Colin say?

To be honest, if the game really has gone gold I'm a little disappointed. If it was released April 27th that would of been here ready for my birthday weekend which is a bank holiday in the UK. I'm guessing Sony have delayed it for marketing reasons in addition to pressing more copies, press etc.

Can't wait though, I guess it gives me time to finish some other games.

Caleranatior

Neo Member
Hey, I want to play the game so bad. I just don't get why the game was delayed two weeks and Sony needed to say anything.

1) It was only two weeks, it's not a big deal, so why make this press release about it saying it's about "simultaneous worldwide launch" when other publishers can do that in smaller windows from gold to retail.

2) The game went gold almost two weeks after that "delay" so why not just let ND finish the game on the normal time frame and print the game? Like I said, Sony doesn't need seven weeks to print 6 million+ discs.

To me, it screams huge Day 1 patch and ND not wanting fan backlash for delaying the game a third time in a calendar year.

Also, 21M divided by 3 is 7M. I assumed 6M discs sold + digital sales, which would put them at around 7M or so on average. I'm expecting U4 to sell 7M+, but likely 20% of that being digital if not more. So that means even less discs for Sony to print, so why the extra two weeks?

Don't forget the game also has special editions and a special edition console bundle. Production and distribution of those is what's likely taking the extra time rather than just the standard discs.

zsynqx

What did he mean by this?

https://twitter.com/Neil_Druckmann/status/710988046137565184

What did Colin say?

To be honest, if the game really has gone gold I'm a little disappointed. If it was released April 27th that would of been here ready for my birthday weekend which is a bank holiday in the UK. I'm guessing Sony have delayed it for marketing reasons in addition to pressing more copies, press etc.

Can't wait though, I guess it gives me time to finish some other games.

this

"Colin was right" the first two times he said U4 would be delayed.

But in this instance, this delay, Colin said he didn't buy the story that they were delaying the game just to manufacture more product for retail. He thought that story was questionable, and thought that the software itself wasn't going to be ready in time, and the manufacturing story was a cover. Clearly, by the game going gold now, they could have made the April 24 launch.

The whole thing has been fun n' playful between Colin and Druckmann.

silva1991

I do not feel any Hype for this game... Enjoyed the last three. Perhaps too excited about DS3.

Interesting

I consider DS1 the best game of all time yet I'm excited for UC4 more

we had way too many souls games in past two years including huge expansions and souls like games like Salt and Sanctuary etc

UC4 will be breath of fresh air alongside with QB this year for me.

Kaze2212

Hadn't seen the "artbook leak" yet, but then a friend send me a link and said I had to look at this. I opened it and saw that certain page... Sigh... But atleast now I feel like this game could really turn out to be something very special.

zsynqx

Hadn't seen the "artbook leak" yet, but then a friend send me the link and said I had to look at this. I opened it and saw that certain page... Sigh... But atleast now I feel like this game could really turn out to be something very special.

Yer, what is in there looks incredible but I'm pissed about the spoiler.

Guys. Please stop talking about any spoilers. I want to be able to continue reading this thread.

Without spoiling anything. Can anyone please tell me if it has something to do with someone important dying?

Jesus Christ, no one answer this.

Edit - Alright, I'm out.

fantomena

Any game can be dissapointing or shit, even a game from Naughty Dog. Jeez folks, Naughty Dogs aren't some magical golden devs, they are human beings who can make mistakes.

stryke

Without spoiling anything. Can anyone please tell me if it has something to do with someone important dying?

Nathan Drake trips over an ancient mushroom which releases spores, turning them all into infected and thus setting up The Last of Us.

I had to glance over the artbook preview to see if I could catch this artwork [environment spoiler] in high quality. Too bad, it's not. That being said, I really hope the level at the top is in the game. Please Naughty Dog, don't do the same thing that you did to me with The Last of Us !

Glad I didn't examine them thoroughly since some of you guys consider these images as spoiler.

Remove the link!

Why would you post it here? There is a massive spoiler in there and I fucking regret clicking

Man, I somehow wish I didn't replay 1 and 2 in the last few weeks. Kinda burnt out right now. Maybe I'll play 4 a little later.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
The people saying that this won't get a really high metascore must be the same people last year that Star Wars was past it and wouldn't break any records.

AKyemeni

I didn't see anything major in that artwork spoiler. Seems like just a lot of concept art, which you don't know if it will or will not be in the final game. It's really nothing that big TBH

DKHF

I didn't see anything major in that artwork spoiler. Seems like just a lot of concept art, which you don't know if it will or will not be in the final game. It's really nothing that big TBH
Even so I'm not gonna risk looking at it, people have very different ideas of what constitutes a spoiler lol

Alienous

Nathan Drake trips over an ancient mushroom which releases spores, turning them all into infected and thus setting up The Last of Us.

I want this to happen now.

The game ends, you see him head home, everyone survives, he hangs up his jacket and the camera focuses on it, you hear him start coughing, "You survive all of those bullets and you get sick, Nate?" Elena says off-camera, "Nah, it's probably nothing" Nathan responds, as the camera zooms in on a single recognisable spore still on Nathan Drake's jacket. Cut to black.

Des

The title of the Elena page definitely suggests its a spoiler.

zsynqx

Can people stop saying there aren't any spoilers. There is 1 major spoiler which the poster above me (Des) is referencing.

Salz01

I don't want to know any location or story spoilers, but man I'm itching to know if a certain female from 2, that's not Elena, is in the game.

AKyemeni

The title of the Elena page definitely suggests its a spoiler.
I couldn't see what it said at first until I opened a new page. It was blurry.

I still stand by what I said. It could mean anything.

But I do suggest people get into blackout relatively soon if you want to sTay spoiler free. Printing will most likely start very soon for the game and people who work at the factories and distribution companies will be snagging copies and selling them online. That's when the real fun begins >:)

Thanks. I'm glad I didnt read it.

I don't even consider these images spoilers for some reason.

EDIT:

I've only seen the pictures and didn't bother to read the titles.

I want this to happen now.

The game ends, you see him head home, everyone survives, he hangs up his jacket and the camera focuses on it, you hear him start coughing, "You survive all of those bullets and you get sick, Nate?" Elena says off-camera, "Nah, it's probably nothing" Nathan responds, as the camera zooms in on a single recognisable spore still on Nathan Drake's jacket. Cut to black.

Wouldn't be possible unless they shit on continuity. And I really don't see ND doing that. (Remember that paper in U3?)

Curufinwe

"Colin was right" the first two times he said U4 would be delayed.

But in this instance, this delay, Colin said he didn't buy the story that they were delaying the game just to manufacture more product for retail. He thought that story was questionable, and thought that the software itself wasn't going to be ready in time, and the manufacturing story was a cover. Clearly, by the game going gold now, they could have made the April 24 launch.

The whole thing has been fun n' playful between Colin and Druckmann.

Dealing with Colin's unjustified arrogance doesn't seem like much fun to me.

I still have no idea why they want this franchise to end.

I like it when stories end and I'd much rather ND visit the series sometime from now when they want to then keep making the series for the sake of making it

Edit: And tbh, another studio making a UC game doesn't have me remotely interested in the title.

Top Bottom