• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 has gone gold

A full 48.678 GB, hmm considering all the cutscenes are real-time now could bode well for length, though all the assets are much higher quality now too... I hope it is the longest Uncharted game. TLOU was a good length, but also slower paced.
Actually it's 45GB (binary/1024, not decimal/1000), with 1GB left for the firmware update (3.50). BD-ROM DL holds 46GB of data.

Congrats to Naughty Dog. A decade of work on this great series, and it must feel both exhilarating and sad to push your final game in the series out.

I really, really hope people don't lose their minds if this game gets less than they expected. The last few Naughty dog releases have been met with cringe inducing review threads. I will be really happy if the game gets anything over 89 and really surprised if it goes over 91. And if it receives a less glowing reception that that, I will shrug it aside, play the game and then decide if the reviewers 'got it wrong' or not, lol.

I really, really hope people don't lose their minds if this game gets less than they expected. The last few Naughty dog releases have been met with cringe inducing review threads. I will be really happy if the game gets anything over 89 and really surprised if it goes over 91. And if it receives a less glowing reception that that, I will shrug it aside, play the game and then decide if the reviewers 'got it wrong' or not, lol.

most all video game review threads are garbage. something about people having separate opinions on things gets lost on people when other people dont like their favorite game as much as they do.

Does a game usually ship a month and a half after its gone gold?

This is what I'm wondering too. I really hope Naughty Dog has had more than enough time to QA test the game. It would be a shame if they had to rush this part of the development phase in order to meet a deadline or something.
The worse thing would be if the game turns out to be a masterpiece only marred by something like the aiming issues that Uncharted 3 shipped with.
I know they could always get around any issues with a day one patch but I want this game to be polished to a sheen straight outta the box!

Actually it's 45GB (binary/1024, not decimal/1000), with 1GB left for the firmware update (3.50). BD-ROM DL holds 46GB of data.

Actually that's GiB... Gibibyte, not Gigabyte, and after conversation equates to 45.33502197263296 GiB. Converted to Gigabyte or GB results in 48.678109184 GB. Still decent size. Also BD-Rom DL holds 50 GB but 46.5661 GiB of data.

I don't get this sentiment at all. Bloodborne sits at 92 Metacritic, and while it has a big, open map, it's not an "open world game" at all, and progresses mostly linearly. Seeing as Uncharted 4 is going to have at least some level branching and is said to be ND's "widest" game yet, "openness" shouldn't be a factor at all.

From everything I've seen and played so far, if this game gets anything lower than a 90, then either ND fucked up good, or the gaming press has somehow become dumber. This game's potential is huge. HUGE.

This is what I'm wondering too. I really hope Naughty Dog has had more than enough time to QA test the game. It would be a shame if they had to rush this part of the development phase in order to meet a deadline or something.
The worse thing would be if the game turns out to be a masterpiece only marred by something like the aiming issues that Uncharted 3 shipped with.
I know they could always get around any issues with a day one patch but I want this game to be polished to a sheen straight outta the box!

This game been delayed multiple times - a luxury Uncharted 3 simply didn't have.

I was bored
25616377380_332b4e1206_o.png

Javin98

Banned
Great, you guys talking about the Metacritic scores are getting me worried again. I will absolutely lose my shit if this scores less than 90. :p

jayu26

The way review scroes are going this generation, I think everyone should be satisfied if it gets 88 meta. Having said that, play the game and not the meta score...oh who am I kidding, Uncharted 4 review thread is going to be glorious.

The way review scroes are going this generation, I think everyone should be satisfied if it gets 88 meta. Having said that, play the game and not the meta score...oh who am I kidding, Uncharted 4 review thread is going to be glorious.

Relax bro, it'll be a 91+.

Best writers, programmers, and artists in the biz.

I think it will be 90ish. Sub-90 wouldn't surprise me though.

Either way, I just really want to play it. Get into that level design and setpieces and, of course, that MP!

Mikey Jr.

sooooo why was this delayed until May?

Because Sony has to print more discs something something.

I have no fucking idea.

Could be a mix of several things.

1. Gives ND more time to work on a day 1 patch
2. This is a worldwide release, so maybe they need time for translations/VO?
3. MP isn't ready?
4. Maybe Sony really does need more disc pressing time.
5. Marketing isn't ready.

Mix and match here.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Because Sony has to print more discs something something.

I have no fucking idea.

Could be a mix of several things.

1. Gives ND more time to work on a day 1 patch
2. This is a worldwide release, so maybe they need time for translations/VO?
3. MP isn't ready?
4. Maybe Sony really does need more disc pressing time.
5. Marketing isn't ready.

Mix and match here.

lol you think with the time they have now its plenty for making and distributing on their original date

sappyday

I really want to avoid the review thread because I find reviews to polarize my initial play through but at the same time I want to enjoy the meltdowns when that one review comes out that gives it less than a 9.

I really want to avoid the review thread because I find reviews to polarize my initial play through but at the same time I want to enjoy the meltdowns when that one review comes out that gives it less than a 9.
We all know Tom Chick is going to give this game a 4 (2 stars).
There is absolutely no way this will not get over a 90. No way at all.

An amazing game like The Witcher 3 is only at 92. Times have changed. I'm not expecting this game to be in 90's.

Javin98

Banned
I was thinking they push it up to May 3rd in the best case scenario.
Hmm, this got me thinking. Since the game already went gold, I wonder if Sony can sort out those supposedly manufacturing issues and push the game back to its April 26th release date. I would be so happy if it happens.

An amazing game like The Witcher 3 is only at 92. Times have changed. I'm not expecting this game to be in 90's.

Why even compare Uncharted 4 with The Witcher 3?

Times have indeed changed. And guess what? Uncharted has as well. Uncharted 4 has better/updated gameplay now and is once again the benchmark for visuals.

It's not going to go below 90. That's a fact.

I just played through Uncharted 3 again to clean up some trophies. I didn't like it the first time, but for some reason really loved it the second and third. Can't wait for this game now.

Why even compare Uncharted 4 with The Witcher 3?

Times have indeed changed. And guess what? Uncharted has as well. Uncharted 4 has better/updated gameplay now and is once again the benchmark for visuals.

It's not going to go below 90. That's a fact.

I really hope you are right. I'm just going by the journos talking about the game on podcasts. I don't think very many of them were looking forward to another Uncharted but this is before they have played UC4.

Dont really know about GAF fans, but on other places on the internet, the mentality is insane. It always gets on my nerves that people will criticize a 9/10 score for Uncharted and rant about the media being biased, but no one had a problem with Uncharted getting an absurd 21/20 score by PSM

Anyways, regarding the delay, I hope it can get pushed up and that they just overshot the release. I really cant believe we have to wait another month. That MP was too much of a tease

Top Bottom