• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 has gone gold

https://twitter.com/neil_druckmann/status/710979124429529088

Cd3nvRKUAAEldCJ.jpg

Shove that blu-ray into my drive Neil pls.

DrXym

Physical still accounts for the majority of sales and you can't fuck over your retailers or they'll return the favor.

It's on sale on PSN right now.

As happened with the PSPGo.

That said, console digital downloads are a scam. I can't sell the digital game, can't loan it, can't buy it from a competing download store. And yet it typically costs more than the physical title despite all the extra middlemen with their cut. A damned scam.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
My body is beyond ready for this. Let us take these fools, for one last ride.
And as with life, every journey must come to an end...

GeoramA

Excellent. Still like 7 weeks away, though :(

Wonder how many copies they're gonna ship worldwide. It's going to be a huge seller, no doubt.

Hoo-doo

Banned
One day this'll mean that the minute it goes gold, they can hit the 'upload to PSN' button and release it instantaneously.

Fuck yes digital future, get here already.

Kolx

So what are the expectations for the metacritic of the game? I'd expect 93-94. Better than UN3 yet less than UN2.

zsynqx

So what are the expectations for the metacritic of the game? I'd expect 93-94. Better than UN3 yet less than UN2.

I reckon it will easily be the best in the series.

My prediction is 93 for MC though.

I am from Bangladesh and here we get games from grey market or importers who bring them. But we also get games before the release date. If Uncharted 4 gets its street date broken and available here then I might get it (at a higher price off course). Nonetheless I am eagerly waiting for the game. For the this is the worthwhile AAA exclusive that will justify my console purchase (no offense to other games that got release for PS4).

What other games? :p

I am from Bangladesh and here we get games from grey market or importers who bring them. But we also get games before the release date. If Uncharted 4 gets its street date broken and available here then I might get it (at a higher price off course). Nonetheless I am eagerly waiting for the game. For the this is the worthwhile AAA exclusive that will justify my console purchase (no offense to other games that got release for PS4).

Gurish

If it's a masterpiece than 92-93, it can be better than U2 but it won't get the same 9.6, such scores are extremely rare these days, averages are not as high as they used to be, it's almost impossible to get such score unless it's an amazing groundbreaking masterpiece (and I think U4 will be a masterpiece, possibly a GOTY and the best game in the series, but I'm not sure about the groundbreaking part)

Big. I think Uncharted, Quantum break and Dark souls 3 will all score between 90-95. April/May 10th is gonna be amazing.

Plus Ratchet nd clank that im hoping will be a solid 80 game.

So why was this game delayed to May 10th? Seems silly to have to wait almost 2 months for no reason.

To print more disc~

Even if we don't believe that excuse, it's clearly a delay on Sony's end. Either they've got a hiccup in the production line that needs an extra weeks to print/ship disc globally, something messed up in their marketing plans that they can only execute them by May 10 or whatnot.

There's more to a game launch than just the game being done. Bruce and Neil are not going to get to rest anytime soon, I'd wager.

UC4 will probably get a dazzling pre-launch press tour travelling the world and letting press play the game for the first time.

eFKac

90-91

I expect it to be easily the best Uncharted yet, but I think the critics are so deep invested in Open World games that a linear game will get brought down due to "only 12 hours campaign!" "not enough content!" "very few options!"
And the general market is not yet at a point where everyone is fed up with the Open World bloat and a linear game feels super refreshing.

A full 48.678 GB, hmm considering all the cutscenes are real-time now could bode well for length, though all the assets are much higher quality now too... I hope it is the longest Uncharted game. TLOU was a good length, but also slower paced.

A full 48.678 GB, hmm considering all the cutscenes are real-time now could bode well for length, though all the assets are much higher quality now too... I hope it is the longest Uncharted game. TLOU was a good length, but also slower paced.

I can see it. Given the fact that Uncharted 4 seems to feature larger environments and focus more on exploration thanks to the addition of vehicles, this type of gameplay should most likely translate into a longer game.

The Last of Us' length or Tomb Raider's would be great for Drake's final journey.

FATALITY

Banned
90-91

I expect it to be easily the best Uncharted yet, but I think the critics are so deep invested in Open World games that a linear game will get brought down due to "only 12 hours campaign!" "not enough content!" "very few options!"
And the general market is not yet at a point where everyone is fed up with the Open World bloat and a linear game feels super refreshing.

0 chances for that to happen

reKon

Banned
Uncharted with TLoU cat and mouse gameplay means that this is probably going to be my most repayable campaign ever. I beat Uncharted 2 like 3 times..

I don't normally do that with shooters

I'm so excited for Uncharted 4! I recently beat Uncharted: Drakes Fortune on crushing and got the Platnium; I'm going to do the same for Uncharted 2 & 3. My plan is to have the Platnium for U3 one week before Uncharted 4s release. It's my way of dealing with the wait :p

Top Bottom