• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 has gone gold

Wazzy

Banned
I'm really happy I haven't been on the hype train for this until recently. I loved the first two but couldn't push myself to play 3 so I decided to watch a few cutscenes and they made me want to play it in anticipation.

Daft Punk

Banned
I really hope I don't cry at the end of the game, but whether it's a sad ending or not, I think I'm still going to cry because the series is truly over. :(

The Lamp

This game is going to get so street date broken. The stores will be swollen with copies days before release and someone will spoil shit on the Internet.

Daft Punk

Banned
This game is going to get so street date broken. The stores will be swollen with copies days before release and someone will spoil shit on the Internet.

I'm avoiding Youtube, 4chan, Reddit, and anywhere else that idiots have a chance to ruin things when the game comes out. I need my media blackouts to be actual blackouts.

Jigolo

Arne I know you're reading this thread

is the dream still alive?

uc4bepsjc.png

DrD

So what are the expectations for the metacritic of the game? I'd expect 93-94. Better than UN3 yet less than UN2.
I'm also expecting it to get a 93. I think it'll easily be the best Uncharted game but standards are much higher this gen, It's going to be much tougher to get 95+ this gen.

^^ I wish that was the official cover.

I'm actually kinda excited. I hope this will be the best in the series, because the multiplayer controls felt pretty good and the shooting felt good too.

DKHF

Yeah I will probably be on blackout for this game when it gets close. I even felt a little spoiled seeing Drake and Sully's reunion scene in the first episode of the Making Of documentary. Though that's nothing compared to what trolls will spoil later.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Congrats ND!

Now I am getting more amped, when I was 'so so' a couple of weeks ago.

I really should play the Remaster I have just sitting there. Planned to do it before this hit, just reached level 50 in Battlefront, so time to play some Uncharted later, and in between the Outer Rim content.

You grow so attached in a way to the characters, like a good movie series, book, show, et., that this is going to feel bittersweet playing the closing of this chapter. 10 years went by already... wow!

since when do regular guns have tracer bullets?

M196 for the 5.56 (Mil-Spec and used. Have used them myself in between SS109 steel core penetrator rounds in an M4)

970835_01_ar15_5_56_m196_red_tip_brass_a_640.jpg

And for fun, we have:

Blue Tip = NATO Armor Piercing Incendiary
Green Tips = NATO Enhanced Penetration Rounds (Steel Tip SS109)
Silver/Light Blue Tips = NATO Incendiary Rounds
Red/Orange Tips = NATO Tracer (M196)/(M856)
Black tips = NATO Armor Piercing or pre-1995 Depleted Uranium Armor Piecing
No Markings = Ball/ Target Rounds
IMAG0255.jpg

Call me a pessimist but I don't see it getting over 90. It has too many things going against it. Fourth in the series, too high expectations for it and the next game from ND after a masterpiece.

DKHF

Call me a pessimist but I don't see it getting over 90. It has too many things going against it. Fourth in the series, too high expectations for it and the next game from ND after a masterpiece.
I think it will get just over 90 but otherwise I agree with you, far fewer games score really high on MC these days and UC4 has a lot going against it. I'm guessing a 91 or 92. Hope I'm wrong.

gogogow

I like this cover because it feels like a movie cover. Needs to fix up the lighting and perspective maybe.

Emphasizing the platforming is super cool

Any examples of a similar movie poster?

I thought the majority of nowadays movie posters are just people standing there.

reKon

Banned
Is any one else waiting until they get PSVR to play this game. I am because I want to play that on a fucking IMAX! Really pumped for VR :)

Wait wait - what's this about? Is this supposed to be a similar experience to how you can watch film in a VR large theater? I'm getting a Gear VR shipped to me in a few weeks so if I end up enjoying this experience, that PSVR is a bigger megaton for me.

Gurish

I think it will get just over 90 but otherwise I agree with you, far fewer games score really high on MC these days and UC4 has a lot going against it. I'm guessing a 91 or 92. Hope I'm wrong.
Why hope you are wrong? 92 is an excellent MC this gen, the same score as the most awarded game of all time (TW3).

I agree that previous gen it was "disappointing" for a high profile game, but times have changed.

Handy Fake

Congrats ND!

I really should play the Remaster I have just sitting there. Planned to do it before this hit, just reached level 50 in Battlefront, so time to play some Uncharted later, and in between the Outer Rim content.

You grow so attached in a way to the characters, like a good movie series, book, show, et., that this is going to feel bittersweet playing the closing of this chapter. 10 years went by already... wow!

M196 for the 5.56 (Mil-Spec and used. Have used them myself in between SS109 steel core penetrator rounds in an M4)

And for fun, we have:

Silver Tips = NATO Incidirary Rounds
IMAG0255.jpg

Like a box of fucked up Crayola crayons.

Daft Punk

Banned
Congrats ND!

And for fun, we have:

Silver Tips = NATO Incidirary Rounds
IMAG0255.jpg

Ugh, as a former member of the military, if I have to see another 5.56 round it'll be too soon.

reKon

Banned

Lol, if this game scores lower than 90 after 1 month of scores on metacritic, mods can ban my account for a month.

Any time a game has given me very very good impressions they have done excellent and UC4 is just another one of those games. We've also gotten a chance to play the beta, which is one of the best controlling TPS's I've played. They're improved a lot in control compared to UC2 and UC3. Hope that ND strongly considered a classic mode without all the extra powers and side kicks. That would be a megaton for the MP piece.

DKHF

Why hope you are wrong? 92 is an excellent MC this gen, the same score as the most awarded game of all time (TW3).

I agree that previous gen it was "disappointing" for a high profile game, but times have changed.
92 is an excellent score, but I hope I am wrong because I don't want critics to hold it to an insane standard due to (as the person I quoted said) unrealistic expectations after the years of hype and all the delays. I hope those things don't factor too much into how the game is received rather than the merits of the game itself, but I think they will. Again 90-92 would be an amazing score this gen, I just hope its reception isn't marred by unrealistic expectations I think some critics might have.

Uncharted fans, do yourself a favor: don't post about metacritic scores this time around once reviews hit and don't make complete asses of yourselves like you did with 3

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
After the multiplayer beta I am so excited. This is mechanically one of the best shooters I have ever played. Absolutely sublime. Bring it on.

bumpkin

Over one and a half million builds... Sheesh. I can't even begin to fathom that. None of my iOS App projects have exceeded 500.

I wonder how the photo mode will be. A dream of mine is for it to give players the ability to enable certain effects like wind. As long as the camera isn't restricted to the player, I'll be happy!

Top Bottom