• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 spoiler free early copy impressions

thenexus6

I agree the soundtrack isn't as grand or epic as previous games. Its kinda just there in the background and fits the mood well for what you're doing.

SomTervo

There are different points assigned to treasures? That's pretty cool. Yeah I got enough points to unlock everything on my first go.

Man some of those modifiers, awesome stuff! I am going to replay encounters using all this stuff.

I was rushing that post out and I'm pretty confident what I wrote is completely wrong, haha. No, all treasures give you the same amount.

I just meant obviously you might have to save a little to get some of the unlocks, and that would press you to find more treasures. But yeah, all the best ones are unlocked after one playthrough on Moderate, soooo

I agree the soundtrack isn't as grand or epic as previous games. Its kinda just there in the background and fits the mood well for what you're doing.

image.php

So it does like Civil War. Fits the mood then you forget there're soundtracks in the movie. I can't believe ND choose Henry to make soundtrack for U4

It's all about subtle and nuance this time around. It's not bombastic or over the top, which is bothering a lot of people. The music in UC4 is there to serve the tone of the moment you're experiencing, it's there to be part of the backdrop/scene, not stand out by itself.

It's very well composed, IMO. Some great stuff.

Ah great. Good to hear, thanks!

I just realised that I'm pretty sure loads of the (even small) cutscenes are skippable.

Starting to get more and more stoked about my Crushing playthrough...

It's all about subtle and nuance this time around. It's not bombastic or over the top, which is bothering a lot of people. The music in UC4 is there to serve the tone of the moment you're experiencing, it's there to be part of the backdrop/scene, not stand out by itself.

It's very well composed, IMO. Some great stuff.

There are some really good tracks.

Go to encounter select, in the
Madagascar level choose encounter bridge
I believe and listen to the music.

Kssio_Aug

I'd say yes. Different difficulties that actually change up the number and type of enemies in encounters, plus their AI proficiency. Then you have certain levels that have multiple paths of approach, then there's the different ways you can approach the game, stealth, combat, cover centric, mobility and grapple centric etc. And lastly there's lots of cool unlockable filters and features, such as slow motion bullet time, anti gravity etc.

That's a really really really cool addition!

MP Question:

How much do the vanity (cosmetic) chests cost in Relic points?

I would like to know this as well.

Each vanity chest costs 150 Relics (IIRC, they were more expensive in the beta). And each chest can give you multiple items (one chest gave me 4 items).

So far, with 3 daily events and some Trials done, I unlocked all the characters, a few taunts and other cosmetic stuff as well.

Each vanity chest costs 150 Relics (IIRC, they were more expensive in the beta). And each chest can give you multiple items (one chest gave me 4 items).

So far, with 3 daily events and some Trials done, I unlocked all the characters, a few taunts and other cosmetic stuff as well.

Nice. I have 6000 relic points just from the Uncharted Fortune game app lol. How many relic points do you get from just a regular match? Do you get more from winning?

The Lamp

I just want to touch on this too. When I bring up my points it's simply to get my viewpoint on the game out there to see if anyone feels the same way and to best explain how I feel. I am not trying to be the negative guy that brings the fun down. I still love the game but I find it to have issues and I am kind of surprised at how few feel the same as I do, oh well.

Well not many people have played through it yet. I'm sure more people will pop up in the upcoming weeks who feel how we feel.

Mrfb17

Neo Member
Anyone in UK order from Shopto and get their copy today. Mine was posted Friday and still didn't show, they're usually good for a day before release :(

Z3M0G

I'm about an hour in, it's very slow so far

Gameplay slow or story slow?

I hope you mean gameplay slow, because my only chance of getting this game is convincing my other half that it will be worth watching me play through. She watched me play U3 and TLoU, but that was a frustrating experience for both of us. I hope that it starts very narrative heavy and holds off on the shootouts for a while... so that she (and I) can get invested in it!

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Just checked, I got charged too.
Hopefully we get the notification soon.
Holy fuck.

Apparently my copy is coming today.

Gawd damn. I got lucky twice maybe! Amazing! :)
Lucky SOB.
Mine got charged and shipped. It's happening Bunta :00 We do it
Lol, still no notification here. My brothers copy shipped last night and it's the same address. :mad:
Maybe because I ordered the bundle and not just the game.

Hydrus

Just got the shipping notification! What are the chances of getting it today? I live in So-Cal if it makes any difference.

Gandalf

Nearing the end of the game :(

Gameplay is varied and the best in the series, the story is also the best in the series, in my opinion.

What a phenomenal game... Wow. Please don't end!

DKHF

I've played the first two hours (playing on normal which is very refreshing having just come off finishing UC2 on crushing). I'm really liking the story so far and this is definitely the best looking game on PS4. Liking the rope mechanic from the little I've used it. The game is a little slow to start as people have said in here but I'm liking the pacing and I think it's going to pay off very well.

Chapter
spoiler thoughts:
I really liked the A Normal Life chapter, picking up all the items in Nate's attic (that letter from Chloe is cool). And liked the interactions between Nate and Elena (the facial animations were amazing in the scene of them on the couch). Playing Crash was dope.

cerulily

I totally got my early copy just now :) i am going to start it in about 15 minutes on my 24 hour stream event thing. If anyone wants to come check out the beginning.

Twitch.tv/cerulean_skylark

Karak

I've played the first two hours (playing on normal which is very refreshing having just come off finishing UC2 on crushing). I'm really liking the story so far and this is definitely the best looking game on PS4. Liking the rope mechanic from the little I've used it. The game is a little slow to start as people have said in here but I'm liking the pacing and I think it's going to pay off very well.

Chapter
spoiler thoughts:
I really liked the A Normal Life chapter, picking up all the items in Nate's attic (that letter from Chloe is cool). And liked the interactions between Nate and Elena (the facial animations were amazing in the scene of them on the couch). Playing Crash was dope.

Its fantastic and levels the game in a way none of the prior games had.

jet1911

I do a stealth section in this video perfectly, and you can hear how fantastic the score is while everything is happening. Slight location spoiler but no story stuff.

https://youtu.be/YcUmMKkwNrA?t=1811

That was pretty cool and the music was really fitting.

The only thing I really don't like is the screen turning black and white when youget shot. I mean unless you're a super l33t gamer a lot of the time those encounters will be played in black and white lol

protonion

Played for a few hours.
It's incredible! I don't want it to end :(

Every time I'm in a new environment I cannot wait to dive in and just enjoy whatever the game decides to throw at me. Platforming, encounters, story... everything is just so amazing!

Also I try to be thorough and yet my treasure list is full of empty spaces. Where the hell did they put them?

zsynqx

I hope you mean gameplay slow, because my only chance of getting this game is convincing my other half that it will be worth watching me play through. She watched me play U3 and TLoU, but that was a frustrating experience for both of us. I hope that it starts very narrative heavy and holds off on the shootouts for a while... so that she (and I) can get invested in it!

You will both be very happy

Erm about
hours till any big real shoot out

PaRappa

I have a question that i'd really appreciate someone answering.

I have a friend who comes around who always plays on the hardest insane modes. I prefer to play in regular mode.

My question is, is it possible to have two saved games so he can play in insane mode and I can play in regular mode or can we only share a single campaign?

I have a question that i'd really appreciate someone answering.

I have a friend who comes around who always plays on the hardest insane modes. I prefer to play in regular mode.

My question is, is it possible to have two saved games so he can play in insane mode and I can play in regular mode or can we only share a single campaign?

No limit on saves. So yeah.

Sin

The music is very subtle and fits the mood perfectly.

Its true that its not as grandiose but I had this one moment in the game where you enter a new area and the music kicks in which honestly gave me goosebumps and forced me to gasp at the beauty of that particular scene coupled with the perfect accompanying track.

I don't know if it will have the same effect on everybody else as it did on me but at that moment I realised how great the soundtrack of this game is.

After having put in about 6 or so hours so far (just beginning chapter 10), I've never seen such immaculate attention to detail in any game I've ever played before. Holy Christ. This is a lovingly crafted piece of work. I really appreciate this about Naughty Dog: they understand that the (sometimes very) small things matter. Sure they're not important in any real mechanical sense, but they aid so much in bringing this world to life. I'm also appreciating the contextual actions throughout......it lends the game an unpredictable, dynamic feel even though actions are repeated.

I don't know how ND does it, they truly are masters of their craft.

Top Bottom