• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - 3D screenshot and artwork from next GI

I also looked at the shot posted and thought "Ugh... what happened here?"

but looking at the 3D image that you can rotate is pretty cool. The final game should be remarkable.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Blurry textures these are not. But the AA is definitely not there, and it could be because it's early, or because they want to use HDR 'the regular way' or because of some other limitation (like UE3 engine).

Flo_Evans said:
I wish they could get the holster to look right. I hate when clothes and stuff float above the character.
I have a feeling stuff like that will be done right in this game. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the holster has it's own physics and moves around as your character rotates or jumps.

Marconelly said:
Blurry textures these are not. But the AA is definitely not there, and it could be because it's early, or because they want to use HDR 'the regular way' or because of some other limitation (like UE3 engine).

What about the HD trailer IGN posted, that had AA... This is probably an early engine shot or something

The still shots aren't doing it any favours, but that 3D screenshot idea is great. I hope other developers start doing that.

Um.... are we looking at the same pictures? That looks like shit. wtf

Yeah, reading some of the replies I feel a bit like somebody in that story of "The Emporer's New Clothes" :lol

Elios83

Draft said:
No. Game Informer is blocked at work so all I can see is the shot posted in this thread.

Oh that's a shame because the Quicktime 3D screen looks pretty amazing, but probably as Dante said people don't even read threads anymore, it's all about jumping the guns in both the directions these days.

Jim

TheJollyCorner said:
maybe this means Sony will start dropping some new Heavenly Sword, LAIR, and Warhawk stuff in March, too? One can hope. :)

FYI, there's a Warhawk press event coming up real soon.

Elios83 said:
Oh that's a shame because the Quicktime 3D screen looks pretty amazing, but probably as Dante said people don't even read threads anymore, it's all about jumping the guns in both the directions these days.

Amazing? Looks exactly like the still pictures.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Flo_Evans said:
I wish they could get the holster to look right. I hate when clothes and stuff float above the character.
It could just be because they caught the character in mid-action running and the holster is bouncing around...

kaching said:
It could just be because they caught the character in mid-action running and the holster is bouncing around...

yeah the shirt and the holster is dynamic, the shirt wrinkles depending on what the character is doing.

Elios83

Confidence Man said:
Amazing? Looks exactly like the still pictures.

Definitely not, the screens are zoomed in, with grabbing artifacts and they don't show the quality of lighting which is really impressive.

Dante

Razoric said:
Um.... are we looking at the same pictures? That looks like shit. wtf

Saying certain aspects of that aren't to your liking is one thing, but saying it looks like shit, is entering a realm of fanboyism and trolling that's pretty sad really.

Come on guys lets not get into the graphics debate. It clearly says its a screenshot from an early build. You know like Halo 3, MGS4, Motorstom.... how many times will we have to go through this? :(

Jim

Bad_Boy said:
I heard about that. something about the desert right? Are you going?

Utah... and no, not personally. :( I don't have time for stuff like that ATM.
wife just had twins, we have 3 kids now

Anyway, yeah, looks like PS3 coverage is going to pick up dramatically. Plenty of exclusives being divvied up among the mags.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Jim said:

Anyway, yeah, looks like PS3 coverage is going to pick up dramatically. Plenty of exclusives being divvied up among the mags.
woah... congrats Jim! :)

Dante

pandabear14 said:
Looks good. Though not as good as the other images. It seems like these images are zoomed in.

frustrated.jpg

Twix

Doom_Bringer said:
Come on guys lets not get into the graphics debate. It clearly says its a screenshot from an early build. You know like Halo 3, MGS4, Motorstom.... how many times will we have to go through this? :(

the real problem is that the game looks fu***** amazing, I’m still trying to figure out why the hell people debating about that.

Flo_Evans

kaching said:

that would be awsome! It looks like they did a really good job modeling his shirt half tucked into his jeans.

I want to see it in motion DEMO!>!>! on my TV.

Dante

Twix said:
the real problem is that the game looks fu***** amazing, I’m still trying to figure out why the hell people debating about that.

Just check the post history of the people complaining about it.

Mystery solved.

:)

Uhh, does this mean it´s not coming this year? Or are these screens from ages ago..

I think it means on that site they stated it was from a very early build of the game.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Jim said:

I would love to go, if I wasn't on the other side of the freaking country. :'(
Sometimes I truly hate the east coast, nothing good happens over here gaming wise. Hell even epic (out of NC) puts their coming out parties on the west coast.

Anyways, I'll shut up about that. Congrats on the kids Jim. :D

Can you shed light on when in Utah?

teepo

looks like the recent adjustments gi did to the resolution for the pics is at the resolution the screenshots were taken at. looks a lot better.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Yeah, do we know when the Warhawk event is?

[jett]Can't comment on these alpha build shots.[/jett]

Actually, I can. The new shots look way better than the old shots.

Anyone that thinks this game doesnt look anything short of incredible is on crack!
Seriously leave the fanboy commentary for the 1up boards.

Top Bottom