• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - 3D screenshot and artwork from next GI

ndcm1.jpg

naughty-dog-ps3-project-untitled-20060526040208405.jpg

I still think the older shots look better. Of course if you make the newer ones smaller then its going to hide alot of flaws.

teiresias

Ummm, the 3D screenshot actually looks better than the old screen grabs from the trailer, IMO, so I don't see why anyone would be dissapointed unless . . .

[EDIT] I'd put yours back Jim, since your pics were all the same size.

I don't think haters will shut up until they see it in motion again. Naughty Dog always impresses when it comes to graphics and animation

Melville

Wow that 3D screenshot really looks amazing. By the way, Nathan Drake -> ND -> Naughty Dog :D (ND written on the holster too)

f@luS

More than a member.
BruceLeeRoy said:
Are you saying that the new shots dont look as good as the old ones because I think your new post just further proved they are.

yeah before the edit , the comparaison was clearly for the new shoots lol.

BTW the big screen isnt real resolution , we can see some artefacts that shouldnt be there.

No ones saying it won't look amazing... but these screens certainly aren't the most impressive visuals I have seen yet. I am not saying they look bad though. They look good... just not insanely OMG good.

f@luS said:

BTW the big screen isnt real resolution , we can see some artefacts that shouldnt be there.

yeah looks like it was blown up big time by GI

I had a (slightly) different opinion after taking a look at the E3 shots again...

but I'm friggin' bailin' out of this thread and you should be coming with me!

f@luS said:

huh? Thats the resolution of the 3d image.

Anyway Jim go ahead and post your comparison pics again. I think thats a better example then mine.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
BruceLeeRoy said:
Are you saying that the new shots dont look as good as the old ones because I think your new post just further proved they are.

He agrees with you.

His new shirt is better. He looks less geeky. That purple/white combo shirt looks like something I wore to school in second grade.

Karma Kramer said:
No ones saying it won't look amazing... but these screens certainly aren't the most impressive visuals I have seen yet. I am not saying they look bad though. They look good... just not insanely OMG good.

1. Early in development
2. meant to show dynamic lighting

I don't know what you were expecting.. I mean is anyone blown away by screenshots? You gotta see the whole picture buddy especially the animation. I mean just look at Fight night...

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Personally, I think the lighting in the 3d shot is too harsh, even accounting for the fact it's coming from muzzle flash. It's probably not the best choice to do a one-off new showing for the game, since the lighting conditions are on the more extreme side. I liked softer, more diffuse lighting in the original trailer better.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Old screens = 64xFSAA, new screens 0xFSAA, more lighting going on, and some really bad compression artifacts. That's basically the only difference on the static screens. Based on the animation from that trailer though, I fully expect this to be one of the most impressive games when it's released, AA or not.

(you can introduce some artificial AA to that 3D screenshot just by scaling the QT window down)

Reave

The new model has those jaggz, which makes it look worse.. but I still think the overall quality is much better than the old pics.

Doom_Bringer said:
1. Early in development
2. meant to show dynamic lighting

I don't know what you were expecting.. I mean is anyone blown away by screenshots? You gotta see the whole picture buddy especially the animation. I mean just look at Fight night..

And I said on the second page...

Looks pretty good. Nothing amazing yet though.

If they nail the animation though this game could be outstanding.

Y2Kevbug11 said:
He agrees with you.

His new shirt is better. He looks less geeky. That purple/white combo shirt looks like something I wore to school in second grade.

...NO WAY!

I happend to love his baseball tee :)

...I dunno, I just thought it was a refreshing design choice

naughty-dog-ps3-project-untitled-20060510112108415.jpg

BRING BACK THE BASEBALL TEE!!! :D

dante786

Banned
What the hell has happened to GAF, no game has good gfx anymore, confirmed.

Seriously, this game looks great, Luke said in some other thread that this game will drop jaws, i'm pretty sure its gonna take a shit on all the doubters.

Reznor said:
The new model has those jaggz, which makes it look worse.. but I still think the overall quality is much better than the old pics.

That might be what I am seeing too... its hard to look past those jaggies sometimes.

dante786 said:
What the hell has happened to GAF, no game has good gfx anymore, confirmed.

Seriously, this game looks great, Luke said in some other thread that this game will drop jaws, i'm pretty sure its gonna take a shit on all the doubters.

I know this will kick ass graphically. Not only Luke but even Gabe Newall praised Naughty Dog. Wait for gameplay movies...

NinSoX said:
2.jpg

Just saying...

The lighting in the second shot seems flat compared to the first one. Seems like the biggest problem here is the presence of jaggies, other than that I don't see what's so bad about it. Then again, I'll never understand why they insist on releasing these 3d screens. Release a freaking gameplay movie already.

BigBoss

Karma Kramer said:
That might be what I am seeing too... its hard to look past those jaggies sometimes.

You don't seem to have trouble looking past all those jaggies in Mass Effect screens.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Somebody post the screen with the truck hitting the boxes from the trailer. That was my favorite. :) I can't seem to find it.

Jim

Y2Kevbug11 said:
He agrees with you.

'

It's easy to forget what the original shots looked like, which was great, but not as unbelievable as the trailer - the animation, as with all ND games, make it.

I think it essentially looks the same (with newer ones looking nicer), but the main character is redesigned for the better. Much less "I like haning out in Starbucks" hipster.

Of course the original framebuffered shots being bullshotted (4000*x resolution downsized), and JPEG compression over QTVR compression of the new shots, isn't exactly a fair comparison either way.

Doom_Bringer said:
I know this will kick ass graphically. Not only Luke but even Gabe Newall praised Naughty Dog. Wait for gameplay movies...

I am sure anyone who is doubting the abilities of ND will be extremely suprised and shocked when they see it motion. I have no doubt that this game will be outstanding.

You have to understand that any harsh criticism I had were just in reference to these screens mainly the jaggies. I am sure in motion those flaws will be hidden. But you can atleast understand where my criticism were coming from right?

BigBoss said:
You don't seem to have trouble looking past all those jaggies in Mass Effect screens.

Gears of War = Killswitch 2.0 ... am i right?

:lol

Top Bottom