• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - 3D screenshot and artwork from next GI

bouc_emissaire

Who Compares, Wins
nd6.gif

unchartedfev1.jpg

unchartedfev2.jpg

unchartedfev3.jpg

unchartedfev4.jpg

unchartedfev5.jpg

unchartedfev6.jpg

:D

bud

Y2Kevbug11 said:
This game is ****ing ridiculously gorgeous and my mind exploded.

I'm really glad they replaced the shirt of the main character with something more ''jungly'' It kind of reminds me of Indy's clothes somehow

But yeah, it looks pretty awesome

Also, the guy's face has definately improved too, he doesn't have that ''huh?''-look anymore and he looks a bit more badass now.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
bud said:
I'm really glad they replaced the shirt of the main character with something more ''jungly'' It kind of reminds me of Indy's clothes somehow

But yeah, it looks pretty awesome

Also, the guy's face has definately improved too, he doesn't have that ''huh?''-look anymore and he looks a bit more badass now.

Yeah, he used to look like
Indifferent2.gif
and now he's awesome.

I hope they tone the dynamic lighting down a little cause right now its wayyy overdone. Its like a ****ing sun in his gun, I mean how crazily its effecting the environment

antiloop

Doom_Bringer said:
I hope they tone the dynamic lighting down a little cause right now its wayyy overdone. Its like a ****ing sun in his gun, I mean how crazily its effecting the environment

tsktsk we need to see it in motion first!

(But yea, it need more sparks)

Stealth

Wow, it's amazing what a little AA can do to a picture. Naughty Dog has their **** together on this game. The geometry of the environment is unbelievable.

-Rogue5-

pooteeweet said:
GI gets some good exclusives.

Heh. It's to be expected given the circumstances.

I didn't realize this game was coming in 2k7. I didn't know DMC4 was coming in 2k7 either. I'm actually starting to think that Sony could do it again; this trend (?) is almost identical to the PS2's (and the PS1's, but the PS1 took even longer to build steam.) Like most people, I am very curious as to how this generation will pan out and annoucements/games/news like this keeps that curiousity peaked.

EDIT: 1.5kb/s -- dialup says, "Hey, what's up? Remember me?"

-Rogue5- said:
EDIT: 1.5kb/s -- dialup says, "Hey, what's up? Remember me?"
No I don't and I never want to.
Seriously if you are into games enough to post on GAF and you only have dial-up then you should just kill yourself.

bud

Look at this:

bouc_emissaire said:
http://generationdreamteam.free.fr/afrika/Uncharted/nd7.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Why are guys even doubting ND's graphical capabilities!?

it looks even better in motion...

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
No way that's going to run at 60fps. If it does I'll implode. Geez cant wait to see this in motion.

pswii60

I don't get why everyone is so impressed by the screens?! I'm desperately trying my hardest to see it... but I don't.

Technically very average. Art-wise, very good. But nothing mindblowing.

Seriously, Ratchet & Clank will spunk all over this.

EDIT: Not at all doubting that it'll be a great game, and at least it ain't f*ing space marines. But while the setting is different, on a technical level it isn't better than anything else we've seen. ie. Jak & Daxter BLEW me away back in the day. This doesn't. Perhaps some vids will

pswii60 said:
I don't get why everyone is so impressed by the screens?! I'm desperately trying my hardest to see it... but I don't.

You have to look at the shrunk-down gifs to be impressed.

Xdrive05

If I don't say this now I'm going to go nuts. WHAT is everyone going so gaga over? The IQ is horrible and the environments don't look right. Of course the model is very nice, but it doesn't seem OMG NEXT ORDER OF MAGNITUDE nice.

I'm being completely serious. No trolling bullsh!t either. I really just don't see it. It looks incredibly spotty. While the model looks technically great, the environment textures, foliage, and water shaders look extremely meh and detract severly from the great model.

Maybe if I saw it running live, and animated, @ 60fps I would say "wow" but this is doing absolutely nothing for me.

Now as a concept for the game (what little I know about it), I think it looks very interesting. And the pedigree doesn't hurt any either.

What is it that I'm not seeing here, GAF? :(

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
pswii60 said:

EDIT: Not at all doubting that it'll be a great game, and at least it ain't f*ing space marines. But while the setting is different, on a technical level it isn't better than anything else we've seen.

Well, you have to put things in perspective. This is not Gears of War. This game supposedly has next gen physics based animation as well as huge environments streamed from the disc. If you think about this as, say, Jak & Daxter, it's hard not to be impressed by the detail of the main character.

I mean, this is already much better than any screen taken from the trailer. Now think of that awesome trailer with this level of graphics awesomness.

pswii60

TTP said:
No way that's going to run at 60fps. If it does I'll implode. Geez cant wait to see this in motion.

If it does run at 60fps, then yes, I will declare myself impressed :) but i have my doubts as developers don't seem to give a damn about 60fps this gen :(

Dante

Xdrive05 said:
If I don't say this now I'm going to go nuts. WHAT is everyone going so gaga over? The IQ is horrible and the environments don't look right. Of course the model is very nice, but it doesn't seem OMG NEXT ORDER OF MAGNITUDE nice.

I'm being completely serious. No trolling bullsh!t either. I really just don't see it. It looks incredibly spotty. While the model looks technically great, the environment textures, foliage, and water shaders look extremely meh and detract severly from the great model.

Maybe if I saw it running live, and animated, @ 60fps I would say "wow" but this is doing absolutely nothing for me.

Now as a concept for the game (what little I know about it), I think it looks very interesting. And the pedigree doesn't hurt any either.

Watch the trailer.

Chrono

Banned
Dante said:
Just check the post history of the people complaining about it.

Mystery solved.

:)

Says the guy with a dante avatar, responding to and agreeing with the one with a snake avatar. I don't think we even need to check the post history here. :lol

pswii60

Xdrive05 said:

Exactly my thoughts. I think Sony have been starving everyone for so long though that people are just so damn happy to have some media at long last. But as I said... I *WILL* be impressed IF this is at 60fps.

TTP said:
Well, you have to put things in perspective. This is not Gears of War. This game supposedly has next gen physics based animation as well as huge environments. If you think about this as, say, Jak & Daxter, it's hard not to be impressed by the detail of the main character

Yeah, it's true that screenshots of J&D never did it justice, but then I've seen nothing of this game that shows huge draw distances etc. The draw distance and constant 60fps was the most impressive part of J&D.

But the point I'm making is that these screenshots haven't 'wowed' me. Movies of the game might. Hell, the physics and open environments might. But these screenshots haven't. And that's what everyone is getting so excited about on here, these screenshots.

pswii60

Luckyman said:
I would prepare to eat crow.

No need. The SCREENSHOTS look technically very average. I'm talking about THE SCREENSHOTS. NOT THE GAME. We've not seen the actual game in motion yet.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
pswii60 said:
But the point I'm making is that these screenshots haven't 'wowed' me. Movies of the game might. Hell, the physics and open environments might. But these screenshots haven't. And that's what everyone is getting so excited about on here, these screenshots.

Well that's because people apply this screen to that trailer. Which is the most sensible way to look at this.

Wollan

pswii60 said:
No need. The SCREENSHOTS look technically very average. I'm talking about THE SCREENSHOTS. NOT THE GAME. We've not seen the actual game in motion yet.

You probably didn't see the guy in the middle there.

pswii60

bud said:
OMG YOU WENT BACK IN TIME

you're joking right?

NO. That original video was in-engine but scripted. And this is a 3D screenshot.

We've not seen any actual in-game gameplay videos.

Ceb

He now looks a bit like

bluepred.jpg

I think the game looks fantastic as it is, but if it takes place in a massive, loading-free jungle, there's just no competition: this will be the most impressive next-gen game for a while.

Xdrive05

Dante said:
Watch the trailer.

I just watched it again and it looks interesting, but there's no way that was gameplay. It looked like one big well-directed cutscene that may have been in-engine (though it had better foliage than this 3d screen - but that may just be because of the particular scene of the screen). Now if this build is running at 60fps and the forest is wide open, amazing animations, amazing physics, etc., then I think this can wow me pretty easily. But you can't really say from looking at this spotty 3d screenshot.

But I want to see real gameplay to see how it really plays and animates and so on. Otherwise it looks like all we have to go on is a cool looking trailer that's only a trailer.

Hence, why I still don't see what all the big whoop is about. :-/

Kittonwy

Banned
gofreak said:
Game Informer will feature Uncharted: Drake's Fortune on their cover in the next issue, but couldn't wait to share some new artwork and a quicktime 3D screenshot from the game:

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200702/N07.0216.1154.00546.htm

01drake.jpg

02fort.jpg

Link to the screenshot is in the article - currently can't load it :/

edit - I wonder how many PS3 heroes are going to be called Nathan..up to 2 now!

Holy smoke it's beautiful, thanks gofreak!!!111!!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Dante

Xdrive05 said:
I just watched it again and it looks interesting, but there's no way that was gameplay. It looked like one big well-directed cutscene that may have been in-engine (though it had better foliage than this 3d screen - but that may just be because of the particular scene of the screen). Now if this build is running at 60fps and the forest is wide open, amazing animations, amazing physics, etc., then I think this can wow me pretty easily. But you can't really say from looking at this spotty 3d screenshot.

But I want to see real gameplay to see how it really plays and animates and so on. Otherwise it looks like all we have to go on is a cool looking trailer that's only a trailer.

Hence, why I still don't see what all the big whoop is about. :-/

Well in all fairness I'd rather base my impressions of the game on a trailer which was confirmed by the devs to be realtime. then blown up screengrabs of a 3D Quicktime shot.

Xdrive05

I would LOOOOOVE to see the in-game representations of that concept art.

It's kind of like Far Cry with good art (IMO).

pswii60

Dante said:
Well in all fairness I'd rather base my impressions of the game on a trailer which was confirmed by the devs to be realtime. then blown up screengrabs of a 3D Quicktime shot.

Are you going to do that for Killzone 2 and 8 Days too?

Seriously before going gaga, everyone should wait until we get some true in-game videos. If they wow me, then I'll sure as hell go gaga myself. But until then I remain cynical.

Pimpwerx

pswii60 said:
You should understand the tech first before determining how average it really is. The devil is in the details. You must have considered the previous trailer to be "technically average" then. PEACE.

Dante

pswii60 said:
Are you going to do that for Killzone 2 and 8 Days too?

Seriously before going gaga, everyone should wait until we get some true in-game videos. If they wow me, then I'll sure as hell go gaga myself. But until then I remain cynical.

I don't recall the devs for those respective games adressing wether they were realtime or not. These guys did.

Xdrive05

Dante said:

I agree with this statement, which is why I'm not in the least bit impressed by today's screenshots. I'm also skeptical of the gameplay at this point, since the trailer was exactly that - a trailer. If they can keep all of those interactive elements as well as the trailer's animation, and make them work in gameplay, then I'll be wowed for certain. But of course there's nothing in these screenshots to suggest that (obviously).

It's hard to be an optimist in the games industry based on what we see in trailers. As bad as that sounds.

WOW will this game have motorstorm-style pauses where you can pause the game and pan around the action and ogle at the sweet muzzle-flashes?? :)

i wished resistance had a feature like that (one of the playtests showed Ted Price panning the action during a paused firefight....too bad :( )

Top Bottom