• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - 3D screenshot and artwork from next GI

Pistolero

Chill out people, it's been clearly stated the the shot was taken for a VERY EARLY version of the game. Why are some of you so impatient as to not wait for a few weeks and view a more representative demo ? Perhaps the ususal suspects are afraid of the perspective of being blown by a PS3 (weak, lack of RAM, archaic GPU, complicated and not so powerful cell, lying developers, stolen control scheme, absence of rumble, evil Sony...POOR MACHINE) title, that they prefer burry it in advance. Guess what, you're gonna be owned bu ND, I'm tellin'ya !

_Angelus_

Banned
It looks early I agree. But still looks very rough. The low poly builds and textures don't that look that good right now. I don't see why youre laughing,in this state the game needs to improve.

antiloop

LxLWba.jpg

naughty-dog-ps3-project-untitled-20060526040158906.jpg

Angelus: Mediocre? So show me a screen of a game that doesn't look mediocre.

Maybe this?
gears-of-war-20061107034943425.jpg

Or this?
the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-20060324061546332.jpg

Both looks mediocre right? :)

_Angelus_

Banned
Those look good.but why do the others look bad then,too much inconsistency with the screen shots.

Is there an actual video of the game in motion? Or are you assuming the game will turn out looking great once its done?

Muppet345

8 pages? Jesus

I dunno, doesn't look too hot. The 3d screenshot is kind of weird because the main character isn't even looking at the dude he's missing.

That screenshot up there isn't ingame.

Kevar said:
8 pages? Jesus

I dunno, doesn't look too hot. The 3d screenshot is kind of weird because the main character isn't even looking at the dude he's missing.

That screenshot up there isn't ingame.

they said it was ingame mate...anyway, alot of peopl in here are going to get smoked...ND games looked as good as many xbox games on ps2...so this is going to look great no matter what

peace

Muppet345

nelsonroyale said:
they said it was ingame mate...anyway, alot of peopl in here are going to get smoked...ND games looked as good as many xbox games on ps2...so this is going to look great no matter what

peace
The latest screenshot seems to contradict that ingame claim, though.

Yoboman

Gold Member
Just imagine what's going to happen with Killzone. Any discrepancy's and suddenly this game looks "mediocer"? Killzone is going to get panned no matter how good it looks

people were saying this game looked mediocre when they first unveiled it.
the Xbox crew were babbling about how Gears of War raped this game and killzone cgi. Its best to just laugh off the comments of most xbox fans.

Well, well, doesn't quite match up with the pre-renders, eh? If you have any clue about lightning techniques you'll notice that the new shots are a few levels below what was targeted for.

antiloop

East Clintwood said:
Well, well, doesn't quite match up with the pre-renders, eh? If you have any clue about lightning techniques you'll notice that the new shots are a few levels below what was targeted for.

So how did the target display the lightning when shooting with an AK? I don't remember it being in there.

I hope you are going by the 3D screen.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
pooteeweet said:
GI gets some good exclusives.

Yeah. I I think there are only 2 issues a year (on average) that don't feature a exclusive cover story on a certain game.

Other mags make a cover story out of a top ten list, or a game that's coming out that month, or an exclusive review they have. GI always give us straight-up exclusives!

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
CurlySaysX said:
people were saying this game looked mediocre when they first unveiled it.
the Xbox crew were babbling about how Gears of War raped this game and killzone cgi. Its best to just laugh off the comments of most xbox fans.

If you say so, a cursory look at this thread reveals that us usual suspects, the xbots, as we are commonly referred to, aren't very involved with this thread. It's mostly people noted to belong to the PS3 camp that are having disagreements. Personally, I don't have an opinion on this because I honestly haven't been paying attention to it since it isn't shown playable yet. The premise is kinda hot, that is all I have to go on for now. That said, carry on.

Just imagine naughty dog confirmed GI screenshot is SUPER SAIYAN OLD alpha. AF + lighting turn off. :)

i laugh off to sony crew shouting xbans for speaking unbiased.

serios THIS screenshot of GI is no good vis-a-vis E3 trailer.

THIS != final judgement mmmkay

defense shields down. peace.

Midas

firefoxsux said:
Just imagine naughty dog confirmed GI screenshot is SUPER SAIYAN OLD alpha. AF + lighting turn off. :)

i laugh off to sony crew shouting xbans for speaking unbiased.

serios THIS screenshot of GI is no good vis-a-vis E3 trailer.

THIS != final judgement mmmkay

defense shields down. peace.

WTF?:lol

yep

we dun know the background of the GI screenshot.

we make the unbiased comment on the information bits they give us.

who is fault to give bad screenshot?

how old is the build?
what is the features turn off?
what stage is pictured from?
what time is game finish?

sony crew are snag sensitive new age guy. tee heheeeee.

DJ Sl4m

firefoxsux said:
yep

we dun know the background of the GI screenshot.

we make the unbiased comment on the information bits they give us.

who is fault to give bad screenshot?

how old is the build?
what is the features turn off?
what stage is pictured from?
what time is game finish?

sony crew are snag sensitive new age guy. tee heheeeee.

Rierom am confirmed total ?

Assets on new screens are of worse quality than the ones in E3 trailer. You can notice it by looking at his <whatever you call this belts that go over your arms> - I can see more polygonal edges and lower res texture right there.

Earlier I also thought that the face looks WAY worse now, which might be the case, but I noticed that ND might be implementing some nice tech into the game, that makes your hero get literally dirty. Sex during bath in the river :O.

It needs to be said again. Why don't you go on hiatus again for a little while and come back when you can write a coherent sentence
Oh come on guys. Posting on English forum is part of the learning curve. I for one understood his point.

Yoboman

Gold Member
Ynos Yrros said:
Assets on new screens are of worse quality than the ones in E3 trailer. You can notice it by looking at his <whatever you call this belts that go over your arms> - I can see more polygonal edges and lower res texture right there.

Earlier I also thought that the face looks WAY worse now, which might be the case, but I noticed that ND might be implementing some nice tech into the game, that makes your hero get literally dirty. Sex during bath in the river :O.

Oh come on guys. Posting on English forum is part of the learning curve. I for one understood his point.
I disagree, all the modelling looks identical. I might see some point in arguing about the textures, but the models themselves have come through untainted. You might be thinking that because it looks slightly less sharp with the lack of AA and whatever artifacting came through when making that 3D image

Ynos Yrros said:

Hmm well its not that exactly, I ve made more sense of people who dont speak a word of English...maybe its an internet persona? Who knows

peace

Jacobi

Banned
I don't really get what's so great about this. (PC-fan by the way)

I've seen better jungle enviroments. Don't Turok and that Radical-game both look better ?

Forsete

Jacobi said:
I don't really get what's so great about this. (PC-fan by the way)

I've seen better jungle enviroments. Don't Turok and that Radical-game both look better ?

Rly?

naughty-dog-ps3-project-untitled-20060526040200187.jpg

Yes, the game still looks like this.

Yoboman said:
I disagree, all the modelling looks identical. I might see some point in arguing about the textures, but the models themselves have come through untainted. You might be thinking that because it looks slightly less sharp with the lack of AA and whatever artifacting came through when making that 3D image
I'm sure that everything is less round. You know how wheels in 3D games went from almost square to something like FORZA 2 - you see the difference because the things are more/less round. Same here, the belt is less round in new screens. And what happenned to his hair?

The game should look better now, or at least the same as it did in E3 2k6, it doesn't, and that's pretty much it. I'm disapointed, but some faith is still burning in my heart
how bout that Mr. Hasselhof?

Chrono

Banned
xaosslug said:
we should set up triage for the very many, soon to be, casualties of this thread... :lol

Forsete said:
Wow-wa-we-wa.. And they just keep on coming.

I wonder when the door will close and slaughter begin?

holy ****, would you knock that off this LOL TROLLS DON'T AGREE WITH ME BAN PLZ LOL BS already? some people don't agree with you that this games looks that awesome - shut the **** up and accept it. yeah you wanted a circle jerk to make yourself feel better but it didn't happen, ok? it's a VIDEOGAME. god dammit.

Forsete

Jacobi said:
The game might look like this, the new screenshot doesn't.

Maybe cuz they come from a sub-par QTVR video? Yeah, lets wait for proper screens. I hope online websites are allowed to put up screens after the GI deal runs out (I hate exclusive magazine deals btw, not fair to EU readers. :( )

holy ****, would you knock that off this LOL TROLLS DON'T AGREE WITH ME BAN PLZ LOL BS already?

No, I wont. How about that? :)

Model 500

The old trailer looked very promising, looking forward to this. Would like to see screens from a gameplay situation / view.

rager

Banned
Why don't you guys wait until the final game is made before you judge?

Geez, the trolling in here is incredible. and no bans. I got banned for "supposedly" posting 2 threads. This is crazy.

_Angelus_

Banned
Wait a minute,were not allowed to have opinions now? This is a forum,right? Because the trailer looks good,and then we see pics that don't match up with it-were now trolling?
I think some here just don't like that we have differing opiniions. Why create the thread then? I got called out on why I didn't care for the newest pictures posted,gave my reasons why I thought the game needed work,I even said it looked early,thats a troll?

I think some here have major problems with discussing Sony,just as others do with Microsoft and Nintendo(when criticism is involved.) Its not always gonna be all roses,calling for bans won't make people agree on which games look good/bad when theyre posted.

Pistolero said:
Chill out people, it's been clearly stated the the shot was taken for a VERY EARLY version of the game. Why are some of you so impatient as to not wait for a few weeks and view a more representative demo ?

Because Naughty Dog has complete control over what gets out. This is not some illicit footage shot by a cell phone and secretly leaked to the Net.

If this is what ND decides to show us after months of silence, then we have a right to voice our displeasure with what we're finally seeing. Excuses like this is only an alpha or better footage is coming sound hollow because ND had the choice to withhold whatever media or choose screens from a more advanced build of the game. Ultimately, the blame lies with ND for choosing poor shots (assuming better stuff exist), not us.

End of story.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Top Bottom