• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UNCHARTED - Live Action Fan Film (2018) Nathan Fillion

Geki-D

Banned
He's wearing the UC4 outfit and is clearly older but he still has the ring.
I'm...
maxresdefault.jpg

Stephen Lang as Sully is actually a really good match. Girl playing Elena, however, is not. Otherwise it has that "fanfilm" feel to it that gives you a feeling something is off. Actually as a professionally made series it could be pretty cool.

Ka-Kui

I liked it. It's low production and budget is a bit of a put off and that's I believe where the cringe comes from.

Fillion's hair needs more adjustment, looks like he's wearing a wig, other than that it's uncanny how similar he looks all the way down to body structure.

As for his performance, he should have played it more straight with comedic moments, rather than a comedic performance with straight moments that was off putting for me. Because during the momebts when he was serious that's when I saw Drake.

Like others I'm iffy on Elena.

I'd much rather like a movie than a TV series of which the quality degrades over time - which let's face it happens with most. Even if Netflix picks it up I'd like them to produce high quality bigger budget movie for streaming.

Used-ID

For what it was I found it good. I think it could be a great series - maybe not game of thrones great - but a great series. Maybe add in some end of episode cliff hangers for that pulp feel....

Handy Fake

For what it was I found it good. I think it could be a great series - maybe not game of thrones great - but a great series. Maybe add in some end of episode cliff hangers for that pulp feel....
And ditch those God-awful pants. I can count the change in his pocket.

-BLITZ-

That was lovely :). I really enjoyed watching it. I would love to see more. I wonder how much the budget was, renting the house and the known actors. I'm sure they collaborated between each other for the budget. I want to see behind the scenes, if they had done any.

bitbydeath

That was lovely :). I really enjoyed watching it. I would love to see more. I wonder how much the budget was, renting the house and the known actors. I'm sure they collaborated between each other for the budget. I want to see behind the scenes, if they had done any.

Next to nothing apparently.

Considering it was done for next to nothing, the short was not only well produced but very evocative of the games in its shots, tone and rhythm. So far the reception seems to have been universally positive

When we sat down and I pitched this to Nathan, I said, ‘Look, regardless of what happens, I’m going to be totally thrilled if this just lives and dies as a well-received fan film, bringing something to the fans that they’ve been wanting to see for the last decade. That being said, the best case scenario for us, if we felt this way, is that maybe someone asks if we can continue this story and Sony was interested in exploring it.’

Obviously, we would be thrilled to see if there’s a world that existed where we could continue telling this story. But we will be very happy knowing that it ended with everybody loving it, and everybody saying thank you for doing this.”

http://www.darkhorizons.com/uncharted-fan-film-director-talks-plans/

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Thought it was great but I would ditch the third person shooting angle. Doesn't really work in film/tv and it highlights Fillion's age. I also agree that a 13 episode Netflix show is what this needs. Each season a different arc.

Top Bottom