• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Live-Action Uncharted Film Has Lost Another Director; Movie Might Be Delayed

Mista

Banned
BeFunky-collage-7-scaled.jpg

According to an exclusive report from Deadline, the live-action Uncharted film, based on Sony’s video game franchise with the same name, will be losing yet another director due to Tom Holland’s Spider-Man production schedule.

Travis Knight, a director known for his work on Bumblebee and Kubo and the Two Strings, was on board to direct the first film adaptation of the popular video game series from Naughty Dog, but it seems that he will not be part of the film anymore and reports claim that the film might be pushed back from its original release date of Dec. 18, 2020.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Based on the delays I'm thinking in order for this movie to be on the big screens it needs some stability, a director you can go to because right now there's too much dysfunction surrounding it. Who's the right director for an Uncharted movie?

I don't understand whats a point of live action for Uncharted? Entire selling point of that series is that its video game form of Hollywood action movie, turning it in to actual movie would not be very interesting.
That's exactly how I feel about this too.

What an unnecessary project to pursue, to be honest. All its doing is damaging the reputation of the franchise.

RavageX

Nope, it's gonna come out EARLY even.

They will wrap the movie up by July.

....now imagine how bad it would be if that were true.

megamerican

This could have been big had they hit the right window between 3 and 4 and gone with Bradley Cooper as was rumored. I think at this point it's too late, and I think they have the wrong guy as Drake anyway.

If you look at the trajectory of directors that have walked away this is clearly about to get shelved for good.

Cravis

I still don't understand why the trigger wasn't pulled on this years and years back with Nathan Fillian. The dude's had like 7 seasons of Castle in the mean time.
The “bright” minds at Sony wanted someone young who would be able to carry the franchise for years and years to come. Ironic thing is if they struck when the iron was hot with Fillian they could have made at least 2 by now.

Psykodad

Banned
I don't understand whats a point of live action for Uncharted? Entire selling point of that series is that its video game form of Hollywood action movie, turning it in to actual movie would not be very interesting.
Personally I'd rather watch an Uncharted movie than play one of the games.

Psykodad

Banned
Fair enough. Other than 2 and Lost Legacy, it’s really boring.
Bought the remastered trilogy when it was on sale, just really dislike it.
Animations and graphics are top-notch, but like you said, it's just boring.

I would love if the movie would be like Indiana Jones for present day.
Just needs to be entertaining, like The Rock movies.

I still don't understand why the trigger wasn't pulled on this years and years back with Nathan Fillian. The dude's had like 7 seasons of Castle in the mean time.

Fillian would've been perfect.

I like Tom Holland well enough, but am getting sick to death of Hollywood casting the latest "flavor of the week" actors in every other role. Holland is straight up miscast here.

Top Bottom